PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have 303 headspace gauges?

minion82@yahoo.com
02-18-2005, 5:59 PM
Just bought a new Enfield, and it chambered a round with two pieces of masking tape on the back. I realize this isn't the most accurate test, but it makes me think I should use the correct tools and see if the headspace is actually good or not.

So, before I fork out $40 to buy the gauges or go to a gunsmith, does anyone in the bay area have .303 headspace gauges they'd be willing to let me use?

minion82@yahoo.com
02-18-2005, 5:59 PM
Just bought a new Enfield, and it chambered a round with two pieces of masking tape on the back. I realize this isn't the most accurate test, but it makes me think I should use the correct tools and see if the headspace is actually good or not.

So, before I fork out $40 to buy the gauges or go to a gunsmith, does anyone in the bay area have .303 headspace gauges they'd be willing to let me use?

minion82@yahoo.com
02-18-2005, 6:00 PM
Mods, I just realized this may fit better in the Rifleman's forum. Feel free to move it.

berg
02-18-2005, 9:50 PM
I have some. Field guage should work fine. I'm up at Chabot most Sundays but it may rain this weekend so I'm not sure if I'll be going.

Email me offline to see if we can hook up.