PDA

View Full Version : Wow Turner's selling AKs

wksun88
10-04-2009, 3:24 PM
http://turners.com/engage/displayads.php
I guess the new management really is kickass :)

69Mach1
10-04-2009, 3:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but you're about 2 weeks and 7 threads behind. :)

wksun88
10-04-2009, 3:34 PM
woops, haha... how did I miss it!? I check calguns every day

69Mach1
10-04-2009, 3:43 PM
You probably saw "Turners" in the title and thought, "not another Turners bash thread", :) and ignored it.

818gtiguy
10-04-2009, 3:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but you're about 2 weeks and 7 threads behind. :)
woops, haha... how did I miss it!? I check calguns every day

You probably saw "Turners" in the title and though, "not another Turners bash thread", :) and ignored it.
True dat..

gn3hz3ku1*
10-04-2009, 5:07 PM
yea it was either bash their service on transfers or bash them saying OLLs are not sold..

if some of you paid attention you would have read between the lines and know they are just being forced to say what their lawyers told them to say.

with that said.. some of those turner's guys sure do own lots of OLLs. :)
now they can finally take off their OLL muzzle.

FullMetalJacket
10-04-2009, 5:18 PM
Question: how difficult is it to install the regular pistol grip (with magazine lock, of course) on these AK-style rifles?

69Mach1
10-04-2009, 5:21 PM
Question: how difficult is it to install the regular pistol grip (with magazine lock, of course) on these AK-style rifles?

As hard as turning a screwdriver. :D

supermario
10-04-2009, 5:22 PM
They will be getting some Charles Daly AR's with BB soon. From what i hear!

FullMetalJacket
10-04-2009, 5:37 PM
As hard as turning a screwdriver. :D
Groovy. Thanks!

Biff...
10-04-2009, 5:45 PM
I was there recently and saw a Fal with a pinned mag. The guy told me they will soon be receiveing Ar's. I asked if there policy of not transfering oll's would change and he said perhaps. Looks like Turners, is changing for the best.

StevieC
10-04-2009, 6:13 PM
http://turners.com/engage/displayads.php
I guess the new management really is kickass :)

I was in there today
almost 900 for an american version of the saiga... pass

went in to buy a fal they have in there but decided to wait for a carbine version to come in

great guys in there

CAAKMS
10-04-2009, 7:24 PM
I went by and checked one out and there is a huge difference between that rifle and a Saiga. First of all, it has a standard AK stock set and takes unmodified AK magazines. A Saiga take a ton of work to get it set up to be set up as a standard AK (relocate FCG and trigger guard, press barrel out and set it up to take standard AK hand guards, thread the muzzle, change gas block out to one with AK bayonet lug and install a bullet guide for it to take standard AK mags).
This rifle looks like you could use one of the PRK magazine locks, install the pistol grip and change out the muzzle nut to a flash hider. Also like the idea behind the lifetime warranty and the stock set looked very nice (much better than the finish on the wood/metal of a crappy WASR10).
Asked why they only had one rifle there and was told that the warehouse has all the extra inventory and that the rifle they had was a display unit.

Crunchysock
10-04-2009, 7:36 PM
I went by and checked one out and there is a huge difference between that rifle and a Saiga. First of all, it has a standard AK stock set and takes unmodified AK magazines. A Saiga take a ton of work to get it set up to be set up as a standard AK (relocate FCG and trigger guard, press barrel out and set it up to take standard AK hand guards, thread the muzzle, change gas block out to one with AK bayonet lug and install a bullet guide for it to take standard AK mags).
This rifle looks like you could use one of the PRK magazine locks, install the pistol grip and change out the muzzle nut to a flash hider. Also like the idea behind the lifetime warranty and the stock set looked very nice (much better than the finish on the wood/metal of a crappy WASR10).
Asked why they only had one rifle there and was told that the warehouse has all the extra inventory and that the rifle they had was a display unit.

I don't think you would have to press out the barrel, just press off the fsb and gas block, or just use this, kinda pricey though.
http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/akbor1.html

CAAKMS
10-04-2009, 7:38 PM
Thanks Crunchy, I was just trying to point out that an AK with the grip taken off is waaaay different than a stock Saiga.

Greg-Dawg
10-04-2009, 7:56 PM
When Turners weed out the bad employees and start selling OLLs/bullet buttons/uppers, Ammo Bros is toast.