View Full Version : Faux pin, a new trend?

10-04-2009, 3:02 AM
Found this faux pin build and was kinda shocked. Do you think it will become a popular trend and move on to ARs? Reminds me of a clip and pin HK and current faux pin Umarex Colt 22lr. I kinda like the look.:43:

Marshall Arms, licensed Manufacturer in business for 26 years is proud to offer this very high quality AK-105 clone SBR, semi-auto only rifle to the discriminating collector. This NFA/SBR is loaded with original Russian parts and built on a high quality NDS receiver serial number matched to the parts. Mill-spec Russian std and countersink rivets were used not the soft cheap US rivets used by many builders. The finish is as close to factory as possible, so please check the color match to the original top cover and selector lever. "Oil rag fuzzies" abound...for authenticity of course. This rifle is bore sighted and range ready! The Russian barrel trunnion has nice crisp proof marks on both sides. Most of the parts used in the building of this SBR came from a new-issue demilled rifle. Correct letter & number fonts as well as their correct placement, add to the authentic pattern of this SBR. Please note that Marshall Arms was the first ever to offer;single & double trigger bumps, press mag well dimples into smooth side Saiga receivers & sim Y & U, and to produce both round & square tab trigger reinforcement plates. The correct "type class" features of solid trigger, double trigger bumps & "faux 4th rivet on LH of bbl trunnion have been added. This is the first rifle ever offered for sale with our newest options "faux/fake 3rd pin heads with Y and U depressions". This is "cosmetic-only", as the "pin heads only" are silver soldered on to the outside of the receiver...same method used to solder vent ribs on shotguns. No holes are drilled in the receiver, and nothing is inside the receiver, no sear pin,no auto sear, no slot in bolt rail, no trip on carrier, thus making this legal per ATF requirements. This NFA/SBR operates only in semi-automatic. A truly unique rifle that is one of only a few rifles to be offered for sale this year, and built to the highest quality standards by Marshall Arms. All NFA rules apply, and this SBR must be transfered to a SOT/FFL in your state.

10-04-2009, 9:35 AM
What is the point, other than to make people think you have a registered machine gun? It potentially draws unwanted attention, even if it is legal. I guess I just do not see the point. Are people going to start drilling a 1/16" hole where the auto sear pin goes on their AR's and put in faux pins?

B Strong
10-04-2009, 9:50 AM
On a NFA weapon it's a useless feature that will be a converstation starter.

On a non-NFA weapon it's a useless feature that could bring temporary discomfort and loss of cash.

10-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I thiink its neat, totally impractical, and its BEGGING for someone to drill that pin out and do something stupid... but I'm all for pushing the envelope as much as possible, if the BATFE has approved it, then thats one step more in the right direction.

I'd like to see some pics of the top rail of the receiver and the internals.... It is a bit surprising that they allowed that to go through as is.

10-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm all for pushing the envelope as much as possible, if the BATFE has approved it, then thats one step more in the right direction.

I like the way you think. Just as the gun-banners are trying the incremental approach on us, we're working the incremental approach for ourselves.