PDA

View Full Version : Whats all the hub bub with the SU-16?

J_Rock
10-03-2009, 9:41 PM
From what I have read a lot of people do NOT like this gun, I think it is overrated and people who arent really gun people are infatuated with it. So anyone have some answers for me? Thanks!

tomd1584
10-03-2009, 9:43 PM
:rofl2:

I'm really surprised this thread took a full day to pop up!

evidens83
10-03-2009, 9:47 PM
:rofl: It was gonna happen sooner or later lol.

J_Rock
10-03-2009, 9:49 PM
Oh by the way Ive never shot one in my life. :rolleyes:

Also I would rather have a long range gun.:D

Tragic Image
10-03-2009, 9:49 PM
ah ****.

ENTHUSIAST
10-03-2009, 9:51 PM
:troll: Deja Vu. :popcorn:

zman
10-03-2009, 10:02 PM
LOL. Who's gonna make one for the 1911 or Glock? :43:

bomb_on_bus
10-03-2009, 10:03 PM
:troll::rofl:

This is epically EPIC!

chsk9
10-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Do you know a fellow named "dezertpilot" ?

ENTHUSIAST
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM
From what I have read a lot of people do NOT like this gun, I think it is overrated and people who arent really gun people are infatuated with it. So anyone have some answers for me? Thanks!

I heard the only thing that is more overrated than the SU-16 is Ford trucks...

IBTL :D

bomb_on_bus
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM

I don't think theres a calgunner who doesn't know him by now LOL.

Good way to get your name around the site. Been here for months and no one knows me from the next guy.

10-03-2009, 10:16 PM

Wow !!!

I thought I've just finished reading all 17 pages of your thread.... :D:D:D

technique
10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
oh man, I needed a good laugh! Thanks. :)

762cavalier
10-03-2009, 11:01 PM
EPIC
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_3_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZKfox007US)

Jpach
10-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Hahaha this is good.

BTW Piston ARs are WAAAAY better than DI ones. DI is just so dirty and unreliable and dirty. Pistons never fail, except for when they are in 6.8 SPC guns because 6.8 SPC sucks.

And 6.8SPC sucks.

Bug Splat
10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Hahaha this is good.

BTW Piston ARs are WAAAAY better than DI ones. DI is just so dirty and unreliable and dirty. Pistons never fail, except for when they are in 6.8 SPC guns because 6.8 SPC sucks.

And 6.8SPC sucks.

You suck!

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:43:

Might as well start fighting now so we can end this before 20 pages.

supermario
10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Whats a better combat rifle AR15 or AK47:D

QuarterBoreGunner
10-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey kids! What's happening in here?

supermario
10-03-2009, 11:30 PM

THIS IS FU$%IN FUNNY AS HELL MAN:D

QuarterBoreGunner
10-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Okay seriously, is there really any reason to keep this thread open? I like irony as much as the next person, but seriously...?

technique
10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
keep it!

five.five-six
10-03-2009, 11:42 PM

this thread sucks, I like mine better

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3155514#post3155514

fliparch
10-04-2009, 12:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man...why didn't I think of this? Funny stuff.

Variable2147
10-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Hahaha this is good.

And 6.8SPC sucks.

The original Troll-thread didnt make me laugh as much as this post did.:rofl2:

Josh3239
10-04-2009, 12:51 AM
:thumbsup: to Jpach and Jrock!

slappomatt
10-04-2009, 1:04 AM
since we are talking things over. whats better. 9mm or 45acp? I have tried searching and found nothing..... :euro:

bandoi
10-04-2009, 1:35 AM
HAHAHA this thread's hilarious

rrr70
10-04-2009, 7:11 AM
My Saiga is better than your AR.:chris:

Beelzy
10-04-2009, 8:23 AM
I don't think theres a calgunner who doesn't know him by now LOL.

Good way to get your name around the site. Been here for months and no one knows me from the next guy.

No Doubt! Poor guy is even being tossed around in other threads now.

Freaking Celeb he is! :p

thefurball
10-04-2009, 8:49 AM
...:popcorn:

B Strong
10-04-2009, 10:13 AM
A new CGN legend is born!

The turth will come out...In Two Weeks!

Hopi
10-04-2009, 10:25 AM
LMFAO!

IrishPirate
10-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I have the SU-16A and it's awesome. It's light, it shoots great, and it's easy to find accessories. Anyone who says it's bad either bought one when they first came out and had some hiccups, or they're gun snobs. It has a picitinny rail so you can mount just about any optics you want on it and you can remove them easily to use to open sights (different for each model, but all easy and accurate). The integrated bi-pod might be the only "cheap" part on the gun. Mine is a little loose, but it holds tight for each shot, just need to reset a little before the next, not much though. You can buy a compact ar-15 style foregrip too if you dont want to use the bi-pod (which when folded up is actually a VERY good fore grip). The stock on my model folds up to take the trigger assembly with it so it's legal in CA, and holds the two factory 10rd mags. I heard people had problems with the earlier mags cuz they were made with cheap plastic but that's been fixed. in fact if you have problems with your mags they'll replace them free with the newer better ones (still plastic) or you can by ANY m-16/ar-15 mags for use with the kel tec. It's also chambered for 5.56x45mm so you can get military surplus ammo, or just buy .223 from your local store and shoot either. Yes there is a slight difference, you'll wear out your .223 chambered barrel faster shooting 5.56 in it, but you can shoot .223 24/7 in a 5.56 barrel and have no problems whatsoever. On that note, the bolt assembly comes from the most reliable gun ever made, the AK47. I've put thousands of rounds through my gun and it's always been my cleanest gun at the end of the day because it's a direct gas system (all the crap goes out the barrel). Run a bore snake through it once and you're good, take 10 seconds to dissasemble the bolt carry system and you can clean it and put it back in, in less than a minute. The whole gun can be taken down with a bullet...adding to the ease of use. i use it camping and hiking all the time. most importantly, it's accurate. It's easy to aim, and it hits what you're pointing at. I plink cans and clay pigeons and hit 3" groups at 100m all the time with the open sights. Look around and you can find the gun for arund $500. Buy it and you'll understand what all the hype is about.

Hopi
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I have the SU-16A and it's awesome. It's light, it shoots great, and it's easy to find accessories. Anyone who says it's bad either bought one when they first came out and had some hiccups, or they're gun snobs. It has a picitinny rail so you can mount just about any optics you want on it and you can remove them easily to use to open sights (different for each model, but all easy and accurate). The integrated bi-pod might be the only "cheap" part on the gun. Mine is a little loose, but it holds tight for each shot, just need to reset a little before the next, not much though. You can buy a compact ar-15 style foregrip too if you dont want to use the bi-pod (which when folded up is actually a VERY good fore grip). The stock on my model folds up to take the trigger assembly with it so it's legal in CA, and holds the two factory 10rd mags. I heard people had problems with the earlier mags cuz they were made with cheap plastic but that's been fixed. in fact if you have problems with your mags they'll replace them free with the newer better ones (still plastic) or you can by ANY m-16/ar-15 mags for use with the kel tec. It's also chambered for 5.56x45mm so you can get military surplus ammo, or just buy .223 from your local store and shoot either. Yes there is a slight difference, you'll wear out your .223 chambered barrel faster shooting 5.56 in it, but you can shoot .223 24/7 in a 5.56 barrel and have no problems whatsoever. On that note, the bolt assembly comes from the most reliable gun ever made, the AK47. I've put thousands of rounds through my gun and it's always been my cleanest gun at the end of the day because it's a direct gas system (all the crap goes out the barrel). Run a bore snake through it once and you're good, take 10 seconds to dissasemble the bolt carry system and you can clean it and put it back in, in less than a minute. The whole gun can be taken down with a bullet...adding to the ease of use. i use it camping and hiking all the time. most importantly, it's accurate. It's easy to aim, and it hits what you're pointing at. I plink cans and clay pigeons and hit 3" groups at 100m all the time with the open sights. Look around and you can find the gun for arund $500. Buy it and you'll understand what all the hype is about.

:eek:
Copy this and save it for a real Su-16 thread.....

Well Done J_Rock!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

IrishPirate
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Check this sight out, it's got a great, in depth review

http://www.equipped.com/Kel-Tec_SU-16_Review.htm

WokMaster1
10-04-2009, 11:00 AM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=227890

Irish, J Rock is making fun of the OP of the thread listed.

tomd1584
10-04-2009, 11:09 AM

I think we should close this thread, this guy just proved to us why the SU-16 is AWESOME. :cool:

HUTCH 7.62
10-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I heard the only thing that is more overrated than the SU-16 is Ford trucks...

IBTL :D

Trolling?

HUTCH 7.62
10-04-2009, 11:17 AM

Liked mine beat the hell out of mine sold it before it blew up

God Bless The Mauser
10-04-2009, 11:58 AM

Each is better than the other:)

KillZone45
10-04-2009, 12:18 PM

LOL I had nothing to do with this thread besides starting the "other" one:chris:

tomd1584
10-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Dezertpilot,

I think you took your licks in the other thread, and I hope you have a good experience on Calguns from here on out :thumbsup:

bomb_on_bus
10-04-2009, 12:35 PM

Read that article a few years back and that was actually what helped me in getting one during the AW ban. But as soon as the sun set on that I went out and traded up for the good ol AR15.

Josh3239
10-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I think we should close this thread, this guy just proved to us why the SU-16 is AWESOME. :cool:

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Jpach
10-04-2009, 1:26 PM
Hahaha how is this thread still alive?

IrishPirate
10-04-2009, 2:07 PM

the AK is responsible for more deaths than any other firearm/explosive ever made. There is a reason it's the iconic assault weapon.

X-NewYawker
10-04-2009, 2:12 PM
It obviously sucks because it is similar to an AR-15.

J_Rock
10-04-2009, 2:27 PM
the AK is responsible for more deaths than any other firearm/explosive ever made. There is a reason it's the iconic assault weapon.

If we're going by number of deaths then the pointy stick is quite possibly the greatest weapon of all time.

Face it man, AKs suck. Dont get AKs. :p

SPUTTER
10-04-2009, 2:30 PM
Isn't "hub bub", bubble gum?

Ruiner
10-04-2009, 2:36 PM

You mean people wielding AKs. The AK is an inanimate object, it cant be responsible for anything. ;)

cortayack
10-04-2009, 2:41 PM
You mean people wielding AKs. The AK is an inanimate object, it cant be responsible for anything. ;)

U know the AK is automatic, right..... It doesn't need people..........:43:

Flying Bones
10-04-2009, 4:02 PM
Is the Mini-14 comparable to the SU-16?
Shouldn't every Mini-14 have a folding stock and a pistol grip?

KillZone45
10-04-2009, 5:04 PM
Dezertpilot,

I think you took your licks in the other thread, and I hope you have a good experience on Calguns from here on out :thumbsup:

I am having a good time, its just the innernetz!!! I wouldnt be here still if I was "butthurt":)

Flying Bones
10-04-2009, 5:48 PM
I am having a good time, its just the innernetz!!! I wouldnt be here still if I was "butthurt":)

You NAILED it. It's the internet...lots of big talker's round these parts...including me...and obviously you. LOL.

So, Dez, what are your thoughts on the mini?