PDA

View Full Version : A Few questions about FFL License for C&R

SnipeShot
10-03-2009, 6:29 PM
I know there is a post on here about it and I cant find it. I just received my form from the ATF and here are my questions.

Who is my chief law enforcement officer? Would it be the Sheriff or City Police? Both the sheriff and police respond to calls in my neighborhood. Would this be something I mail in or go in person and hand to the desk clerk?

I also don't see anything that asks for a copy of my passport or DL do I need to send one in with my application?

Also where it asks position and social security number what do i put for position? Self?

I have 1 form left so I need to fill this out correctly. Thanks!!!

ke6guj
10-03-2009, 6:36 PM
Who is my chief law enforcement officer? Would it be the Sheriff or City Police? Both the sheriff and police respond to calls in my neighborhood.DO you live in an incorporated city with a Chief of Police, of do you live in the unicorporated county? But I've never heard of someone getting denied for listing the Sheriff when they live in the city limits, so either would probably be acceptable.

Would this be something I mail in or go in person and hand to the desk clerk? just mail the CLEO copy to the address you list on the BATF copy.

I also don't see anything that asks for a copy of my passport or DL do I need to send one in with my application? nope.

Also where it asks position and social security number what do i put for position? Self? Collector seems to be commonly used. I think that "position" is more for corporate/business entities so you could list CEO, owner, etc.

SnipeShot
10-03-2009, 6:39 PM
I am in a incorporated city actually the first part of the city built back in the 50's and 60's . So I can send it to the Local PD Chief of Police.

ke6guj
10-03-2009, 6:40 PM
I am in a incorporated city actually the first part of the city built back in the 50's and 60's . So I can send it to the Local PD Chief of Police.Yes, you can send it to the C.O.P.

SnipeShot
10-03-2009, 6:42 PM
Thank you. Time to fill it out :). Oh under trade name or business can I put N/A or leave it blank I want to make sure I don't get it back for leaving something blank.

Nodda Duma
10-03-2009, 6:52 PM
Assuming you're not filling out for a business, you want to put N/A there.

-Jason

SnipeShot
10-03-2009, 6:53 PM
And next to my signature it says title put collector there?

reidnez
10-05-2009, 1:57 PM
And next to my signature it says title put collector there?

Yessir!

cryoguy
10-05-2009, 9:57 PM
Where it says "title or position" I put "Individual" and mine was approved. I got it in the mail on Friday.

SnipeShot
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
I am also hearing that AIM Surplus and MIdway USA gives discounts to people with a 03 FFL what type of discounts are they? Will I need to send them a copy of my COE when I fax my FFL? This is all new to me i didnt know anything like this existed.

ke6guj
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
It depends on the products. Sometimes the dealer discount can be pretty good, 20+%, and other times, I've seen the discount that Midway offer on a specific item to be in the 2-3% range.

No need to send them the COE, they don't care about that, just the FFL.

Midwaysua, Brownells, Grafs, and Century are some vendors that I recall giving discounts to 03's.

SnipeShot
10-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Any other state or federal licenses I should look into before they are taken away from me?

sniper5
10-07-2009, 1:46 AM
Well, I don't know about the rest, but if AB962 flies I'm putting in for my COE.

SnipeShot
10-07-2009, 5:59 PM
How would a COE help us with AB962?

ke6guj
10-07-2009, 6:05 PM
Yes, if AB962 gets signed, having a C&R + COE exempts you from AB962

12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer
of ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face
transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A
violation of this section is a misdemeanor.
(c) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to or affect the deliveries,
transfers, or sales of, handgun ammunition to any of the following:
(6) Persons licensed as collectors of firearms pursuant to Chapter
44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States
Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto whose licensed
premises are within this state who has a current certificate of
eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice
pursuant to Section 12071.

SnipeShot
10-07-2009, 6:22 PM
Learn more everyday. So I would still be allowed to get ammo from mail order?

sniper5
10-09-2009, 12:48 PM
With a COE and C & R, yes. If the company you are buying from recognizes that and is willing to sell. I expect the bigger ones that cater to collectors, like Grafs and Wideners probably will. Maybe Midway. Cabelas, probably not. Or will ship only rifle ammo.