PDA

View Full Version : AB962 - No Decision Yet - Indication Of?

Phil3
10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
The governor has not acted on AB962. For those with knowledge of how politics work, or the Governator acts, is his non-action at this stage indicative of anything? Given that October 11 is Sunday, it looks to me that something should happen this coming week, unless he does nothing, and it becomes law.

Regardless of any predictions, we all should keep calling, faxing, e-mailing, etc. with unrelenting persistence until the very end. Even if a decision is already made, one way or the other, the constant barrage will send a signal such bills raise the ire of many constituents.

- Phil

hoffmang
10-03-2009, 1:04 PM
I don't think the Governor has done anything on any of the 500 or so bills on his desk yet.

-Gene

HowardW56
10-03-2009, 1:07 PM
I don't think the Governor has done anything on any of the 500 or so bills on his desk yet.

-Gene

Lets hope he has a rubber stamp for VETO .....

rbetts
10-03-2009, 1:09 PM
Rumor has it up here in Sac that he is not going to take action on it and let it become law. THAT WOULD SUCK BIGTIME!!

Phil3
10-03-2009, 2:17 PM
Rumor has it up here in Sac that he is not going to take action on it and let it become law. THAT WOULD SUCK BIGTIME!!

The rumor specific to this bill in particular, or many bills piled on his desk? I just wonder if AB962 is even on the radar screen for Arnold, not withstanding all our efforts here and elsewhere.

Is there anything in this bill, if passed, that could be challenged in court and stand a possibility of winning? Especially the prohibition of buying mail order across state lines.

- Phil

Brianguy
10-03-2009, 2:26 PM
We cannot let skynet win

dantodd
10-03-2009, 2:32 PM
Is there anything in this bill, if passed, that could be challenged in court and stand a possibility of winning? Especially the prohibition of buying mail order across state lines.

Not on 2A grounds until and unless incorporation is forthcoming. There may be some claim on interfering with interstate commerce but it would take a lot of time and money to litigate. If it becomes law we'll probably see those who can afford to fight wait until after incorporation so they will have multiple causes of action and greater chance of victory.

Scratch705
10-03-2009, 2:59 PM
since it seems that arnold may let this pass without veto....

maybe we should start a out-of-state PPT system so we can get handgun ammo from mail order, but not having to send it to a FFL since it is a private sale which is not regulated under this bill.

of course this will be conducted through phone calls, PM, emails as to not allow anyone to just see the names of our contacts and such.

Phil3
10-03-2009, 3:26 PM
Look .. I have not seen any TV adds against this bill. i have not seen any reports or chatter regarding this on TV or radio.. So who cares ...

Arnold probably does not even hear this. Yes the phones are tied up and the staffer told me they are getting a ton of calls.. But that still does not make up for the noise in the right places.

I also believe the retailers are quietly giving each-other a high 5.
As noted in another thread the NRA is right along..

The fact remains that NRA stays in business only if there persists a threat. So once in a while they let a bill pass.

How come the SBR laws are still on the books. Handguns are legal, regulating SBR make no sense. If its the rifle cartridge anyone is worried about, I can have that in handguns too. Like I mentioned we need laws, so there is something to fight for..

AB962 is a perfect example why I rather give money to CalGuns then NRA or CPRA..

I am no political insider, but I would think having to open up additional lines and at least one staffer noting there are a lot of calls, would filter up to Arnold.

I don't agree with, "...The fact remains that NRA stays in business only if there persists a threat. So once in a while they let a bill pass...". The NRA has plenty of bad laws to work against, I seriously doubt they "need" a few losses to sustain their need to exist.

I found that at the end of September 2008, the governor has approved about 1/2 of the 190 or so bills on his desk, but vetoed the other half. At least he is not reluctant to use veto power.

- Phil

advocatusdiaboli
10-03-2009, 3:29 PM
We shouldn't read to much into anything and keep up the pressure. I do think the lack of publicity over the law has helped it's stealth attempt at passage. Anyone know how to rally hunters--hunting seasons are kicking off and there are a lot of hunter in Cal. I was talking with a gun shop in Fort Worth this afternoon (negotiating on a 12 Gauge Field Beretta O and U) and they had quite a chuckle over the latest proposed ammo restriction for the "Left Coast". The guy said, "Heck, I'd just save up and once a year drive across the border and load up". Yep--that and reload--I am already budgeting for MEC progressive loaders for shot shells (12 and 20) and something nice for centerfire rifle and pistol (haven't decided yet). I was eventually going to anyway but now I am pulling the plan in.

But there is also the Hail Mary at the Supreme Court next year--but we shouldn't rely on a defensive strategy nor can we be certain now that Sotomayor is on the bench either.

KylaGWolf
10-03-2009, 3:48 PM
Look .. I have not seen any TV adds against this bill. i have not seen any reports or chatter regarding this on TV or radio.. So who cares ...

Arnold probably does not even hear this. Yes the phones are tied up and the staffer told me they are getting a ton of calls.. But that still does not make up for the noise in the right places.

The fact remains that NRA stays in business only if there persists a threat. So once in a while they let a bill pass.

How come the SBR laws are still on the books. Handguns are legal, regulating SBR make no sense. If its the rifle cartridge anyone is worried about, I can have that in handguns too. Like I mentioned we need laws, so there is something to fight for..

AB962 is a perfect example why I rather give money to CalGuns then NRA or CPRA..

Well one good way for him to see it is tweet him on Twitter. Quite frankly as much as I hate that thing it is the only reason I freaking signed up was to tweet him to veto the two bills.

KylaGWolf
10-03-2009, 3:54 PM
We shouldn't read to much into anything and keep up the pressure. I do think the lack of publicity over the law has helped it's stealth attempt at passage. Anyone know how to rally hunters--hunting seasons are kicking off and there are a lot of hunter in Cal. I was talking with a gun shop in Fort Worth this afternoon (negotiating on a 12 Gauge Field Beretta O and U) and they had quite a chuckle over the latest proposed ammo restriction for the "Left Coast". The guy said, "Heck, I'd just save up and once a year drive across the border and load up". Yep--that and reload--I am already budgeting for MEC progressive loaders for shot shells (12 and 20) and something nice for centerfire rifle and pistol (haven't decided yet). I was eventually going to anyway but now I am pulling the plan in.

But there is also the Hail Mary at the Supreme Court next year--but we shouldn't rely on a defensive strategy nor can we be certain now that Sotomayor is on the bench either.

I could be wrong but this bill INCLUDES reloading. So your screwed regardless. I am also not sure that if you physically go across state lines to buy the ammo if you would be allowed to being able to even bring it back with you.

As to if Arnnie is going to sign this bill or veto it I think that at this point he hopes the noise on this goes away. Lets prove him wrong and get louder. I be that we can force them to put in a THIRD fax line by the end of the week. So now is not the time to let the noise die down. Lets make it louder and louder.

wildhawker
10-03-2009, 3:54 PM
Fredie, if you call Paul Payne and express your perspectives on the NRA to him I'm sure you'd find the balance of the conversation highly educational.

If you take the time to better understand the current strategy it will probably go a long way to explaining why certain things have or haven't been directly challenged.

Scratch705
10-03-2009, 4:09 PM
I could be wrong but this bill INCLUDES reloading. So your screwed regardless. I am also not sure that if you physically go across state lines to buy the ammo if you would be allowed to being able to even bring it back with you.

As to if Arnnie is going to sign this bill or veto it I think that at this point he hopes the noise on this goes away. Lets prove him wrong and get louder. I be that we can force them to put in a THIRD fax line by the end of the week. So now is not the time to let the noise die down. Lets make it louder and louder.

this bill only covers the retail sales of handgun ammo. it mentions nothing of private sales in state, or purchasing out of state to bring back for personal use.

you are free to goto border states and purchase as much ammo as you can afford and fit inside your car and bringing it back. as long as it is for personal use.

EBR Works
10-03-2009, 5:00 PM
In it's current form, AB962 does not affect purchase of reloading components.

10-03-2009, 5:08 PM
He will NOT veto the bill.

foxtrotuniformlima
10-03-2009, 5:09 PM
The Gov has been too busy as of late to veto or sign anything.

BroncoBob
10-03-2009, 5:14 PM
If this damn bill becomes law, I sure hope our local gun shops start stocking more.

bodger
10-03-2009, 5:32 PM
this bill only covers the retail sales of handgun ammo. it mentions nothing of private sales in state, or purchasing out of state to bring back for personal use.

you are free to goto border states and purchase as much ammo as you can afford and fit inside your car and bringing it back. as long as it is for personal use.

Which is exactly what I intend to do if this AB 962 canard becomes law.

And if it does become law, watch how much ammo gets into CA that is not intended for "personal use" and how prolific the black market for ammo becomes.

And as that becomes a problem, I hope it gets well publicized how AB962 did more to foment crime in the form of illegal ammo sales than it did prevent violent gun crime.
An increase in the amount of ammo available amongst private parties, the sale of which is not documented or regulated at all, may well result in a situation where felons can obtain handgun ammo more freely than ever before.

Let DeLeon eat that one.

2009_gunner
10-03-2009, 5:32 PM
If this damn bill becomes law, I'll be making the drive to Yuma, AZ rather than succumb to this humiliation. Next they'll make it illegal to cross state lines with ammo.

ProlificARProspect
10-03-2009, 5:45 PM
I called on Thursday again, talk to a staff lady she said Arnold has until Oct. 11 to veto this bill, BTW keep up on the calls.

`

Phil3
10-03-2009, 5:52 PM
If this damn bill becomes law, I'll be making the drive to Yuma, AZ rather than succumb to this humiliation. Next they'll make it illegal to cross state lines with ammo.

If it becomes law, we may have "ammo car pools" (ACPs)...I don't think there will be a shortage of people to go.

I would want someone I know in Nevada to order for me, and I then pick it up. Going to a vendor will result in additional markup.

- Phil

kmca
10-03-2009, 6:01 PM
In it's current form, AB962 does not affect purchase of reloading components.

Only if you don't use bullets :D
(2) For purposes of this subdivision, “ammunition” shall include,
but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed
loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a
firearm with a deadly consequence. “Ammunition” does not include
blanks.

TonyM
10-03-2009, 6:06 PM
Well one good way for him to see it is tweet him on Twitter. Quite frankly as much as I hate that thing it is the only reason I freaking signed up was to tweet him to veto the two bills.

The only way he's going to see your messages is if he bothers to look at his "Mentions", or if you happen to have him following you, then your @ messages will be directed to him. Honestly, I kind of doubt he uses twitter much beyond his "wow look what I'm doing now with this famous person" tweets.

That said, yeah, I've sent some tweets his way in hopes that he does happen to see them... and I really don't care for social networking sites, so that is a big step for me. ;)

loather
10-03-2009, 6:39 PM

Let me know when you do, I'd like to tag along for the ride :)

Legasat
10-03-2009, 6:42 PM

You mean the retailers in AZ & NV??? ;)

bulgron
10-03-2009, 7:00 PM
Next they'll make it illegal to cross state lines with ammo.

That would be a clear violation of interstate commerce.

bulgron
10-03-2009, 7:01 PM
Which is exactly what I intend to do if this AB 962 canard becomes law.

And if it does become law, watch how much ammo gets into CA that is not intended for "personal use" and how prolific the black market for ammo becomes.

And as that becomes a problem, I hope it gets well publicized how AB962 did more to foment crime in the form of illegal ammo sales than it did prevent violent gun crime.
An increase in the amount of ammo available amongst private parties, the sale of which is not documented or regulated at all, may well result in a situation where felons can obtain handgun ammo more freely than ever before.

Let DeLeon eat that one.

The original bill outlawed private party transfers. How much you want to bet that if this thing passes this year, then the follow-up bill next year will outlaw private party transfers?

They're going to chip away, a little at a time, until they get what they want. Then they'll want something else. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Librarian
10-03-2009, 7:07 PM
Only if you don't use bullets :D
(2) For purposes of this subdivision, “ammunition” shall include,
but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speed
loader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a
firearm with a deadly consequence. “Ammunition” does not include
blanks.

That's existing law - it isn't added by this bill.

Look at PC 12316 at your favorite source for CA PC - (b)(2) already says that part quoted above - the bill adds the ""Ammunition" does not include blanks." bit.

The new 12060 says (b) "Handgun ammunition" means handgun ammunition as defined in
subdivision (a) of Section 12323, but excluding ammunition designed
and intended to be used in an "antique firearm" as defined in Section
921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code. Handgun ammunition
does not include blanks.
and 12323 says 12323. As used in this chapter, the following definitions shall
apply:
(a) "Handgun ammunition" means ammunition principally for use in
pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed
upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001,
notwithstanding that the ammunition may also be used in some rifles.

obeygiant
10-03-2009, 7:19 PM
The only way he's going to see your messages is if he bothers to look at his "Mentions", or if you happen to have him following you, then your @ messages will be directed to him. Honestly, I kind of doubt he uses twitter much beyond his "wow look what I'm doing now with this famous person" tweets.

That said, yeah, I've sent some tweets his way in hopes that he does happen to see them... and I really don't care for social networking sites, so that is a big step for me. ;)
It says he's following my twitter account, does anyone else have the Governor listed as following?

obeygiant
10-03-2009, 7:21 PM
The original bill outlawed private party transfers. How much you want to bet that if this thing passes this year, then the follow-up bill next year will outlaw private party transfers?

They're going to chip away, a little at a time, until they get what they want. Then they'll want something else. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Once it's on the books it becomes exponentially easier to amend it. We may even see each and every one of the items they took out added back in.

obeygiant
10-03-2009, 7:29 PM

since it seems that arnold may let this pass without veto....

maybe we should start a out-of-state PPT system so we can get handgun ammo from mail order, but not having to send it to a FFL since it is a private sale which is not regulated under this bill.

of course this will be conducted through phone calls, PM, emails as to not allow anyone to just see the names of our contacts and such.
Fortunately that is all that they are, rumors.

He will NOT veto the bill.

Source?

ENVYGREEN
10-03-2009, 8:22 PM
in san diego you currently have to submit information for powder!!

Phil3
10-03-2009, 8:50 PM
I won't be submitting one single thumbprint for anything. Save up and do a once or twice a year trip to buy ammo over state lines. Ammo carpool sounds like a geat idea.

"Ammo car pool" (ACPs) will definitely work, but CalGunners can also alternate or rotate on trips to another state, bringing back stuff others need. This way, more trips can be made, without one having a single infrequent big expense. I don't think this breaks any laws, yet. If it does, someone let me know!

This whole thing just makes my blood boil. Imagine how Californians would react if they were told they could not do mail order any more from Amazon, because of say, lost tax revenue, but would have to buy goods locally, so tax could be collected.

- Phil

smokinskul
10-03-2009, 9:04 PM

Fedieusa, you are talking out of your a**! Exactly what retailers do you think are excited about this? Every gun shop in California has employees that buy ammo online all the time! Several gun shops are posting anti AB962 flyers on their own, in addition to the ones distributed by us. Some chain stores have even had meetings with Sacremento expressing their disapproval of this bill.

So where do you get off making FUD statements like that?

gazzavc
10-03-2009, 9:29 PM
Look on the bright side.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas*

* Except for the bulk ammo pickup which comes back in the U-Haul trailer........

Scratch705
10-03-2009, 10:26 PM
thank goodness for family out of state. guess i'll have more reason to visit them more than once a year... haha btw i will extend some courtesy and allow some calgunners to also use my family's address out of state in vegas for shipment needs. just not too much cause i don't want the ATF to start looking at them for why they are receiving so much ammo from different CC holders.

TAKE THAT DE LEON!

unusedusername
10-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Grrrr.... :rant:

I did not spend all day driving around dropping off flyers at every place around for all of you guys to give up.

I swear, sometimes we are more of our own worst enemy then the banners.

Keep calling and faxing folks. Yes we don't own a TV station, we don't own a radio station, and we can't get our stories on fox news, but we CAN do the things that we can do.

If we don't even do the few things to influence the system that we CAN do it makes one wonder why the system is getting away from us.

Ok... rant over.... returning to normal now.

Scratch705
10-03-2009, 10:35 PM

I did not spend all day driving around dropping off flyers at every place around for all of you guys to give up.

Keep calling and faxing folks. Yes we don't own a TV station, we don't own a radio station, and we can't get our stories on fox news, but we CAN do the things that we can do.

If we don't even do the few things to influence the system that we CAN do it makes one wonder why the system is getting away from us.

not giving up as much as preparing for the worst. planning for the worst allows us to not get caught with out pants down if it does swing that way.

no one is giving up calling and faxing, but we have to start discussing alternative means.

Phil3
10-03-2009, 11:09 PM

I am the original poster, and this was in my message.

"...Regardless of any predictions, we all should keep calling, faxing, e-mailing, etc. with unrelenting persistence until the very end. Even if a decision is already made, one way or the other, the constant barrage will send a signal such bills raise the ire of many constituents...".

I am calling now at midnight, and the phone is still busy.

- Phil

bodger
10-04-2009, 7:42 AM
I won't be submitting one single thumbprint for anything. Save up and do a once or twice a year trip to buy ammo over state lines. Ammo carpool sounds like a geat idea.

Absolutely, and I am not kidding when I say I will help organize the trips. And I have a 3/4 ton pick-up.

in san diego you currently have to submit information for powder!!

Same in Los Angeles where I live. I have never purchased ammo in LA since that law has been in effect and never given a print and never will.

That's easy enough, there are hardly any gun stores in Los Angeles proper anymore anyway.

"Ammo car pool" (ACPs) will definitely work, but CalGunners can also alternate or rotate on trips to another state, bringing back stuff others need. This way, more trips can be made, without one having a single infrequent big expense. I don't think this breaks any laws, yet. If it does, someone let me know!

- Phil

I'd like to see a photo taken of a HUGE cache of ammo sitting in the back of a truck that had just been driven in from Arizona. Preferably at an intersection in DeLeon's district. Send that on up to DeLeon.

Let him see how easily this worthless law (if it becomes one) is skirted.

Phil3
10-04-2009, 8:42 AM
I'd like to see a photo taken of a HUGE cache of ammo sitting in the back of a truck had just been driven in from Arizona. Preferably at an intersection in DeLeon's district.[/QUOTE]

I live in the San Francisco bay area, and would travel to your area just to be part of this!

- Phil

Phil3
10-04-2009, 8:42 AM
I'd like to see a photo taken of a HUGE cache of ammo sitting in the back of a truck had just been driven in from Arizona. Preferably at an intersection in DeLeon's district.

I live in the San Francisco bay area, and would travel to your area just to be part of this!

- Phil

bodger
10-04-2009, 8:46 AM

- Phil

Media coverage would be nice too.

How much ammo can you possess in this state without breaking some kind of law? Federal or PRK?

finfan
10-04-2009, 8:52 AM
Border state shooters will love Ca even more, when we clean their shelves of ammo.

bulgron
10-04-2009, 9:12 AM
Media coverage would be nice too.

How much ammo can you possess in this state without breaking some kind of law? Federal or PRK?

Local fire marshal.

bulgron
10-04-2009, 9:14 AM
I'd like to see a photo taken of a HUGE cache of ammo sitting in the back of a truck that had just been driven in from Arizona. Preferably at an intersection in DeLeon's district. Send that on up to DeLeon.

Why stop with just one truck?

BTW, I have an F150 with a super crew cab that seats four adults comfortably. It's perfect for those Reno ammo runs.

bulgron
10-04-2009, 9:15 AM
Border state shooters will love Ca even more, when we clean their shelves of ammo.

We need to create some discount ammo warehouses right across the border from California. Increase supply and Nevada and Arizona won't mind so much.

VegasND
10-04-2009, 9:19 AM
We need to create some discount ammo warehouses right across the border from California. Increase supply and Nevada and Arizona won't mind so much.
Please do so, I would love to have someone here that sold ammo at a decent price. As it is, I make it a point to buy ammo a couple of times a year when I'm in Prescott or over the internet and have it delivered. I only buy ammo locally when I need it or it's the rare good deal.

bulgron
10-04-2009, 9:36 AM
Please do so, I would love to have someone here that sold ammo at a decent price. As it is, I make it a point to buy ammo a couple of times a year when I'm in Prescott or over the internet and have it delivered. I only buy ammo locally when I need it or it's the rare good deal.

Prescott has good prices? I go to AZ every Christmas, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to swing through Prescott. Where's the good ammo places in that town?

Usually I just buy at a gun show in Reno once or twice a year, but I do sometimes end up buying a box here and there at a California gun store or range. Obviously that's going to end if I have to give up a fingerprint in order to do it.

lrdchivalry
10-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I received an email from Duncan Hunter, who is my Congressman. Attached to the email was a copy of the letter he and a few other others in Congress that urged the governor to veto 962. Hopefully he will veto AB962,SB585 and I am not sure if it's SB or AB 41.

VegasND
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Prescott has good prices? I go to AZ every Christmas, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to swing through Prescott. Where's the good ammo places in that town?

Usually I just buy at a gun show in Reno once or twice a year, but I do sometimes end up buying a box here and there at a California gun store or range. Obviously that's going to end if I have to give up a fingerprint in order to do it.
Watch the J&G website. Everybody else in Prescott and Prescott Valley is more expensive than they are--I think they read the J&G add too. I just buy what they have in stock at a good price when I'm there, but you almost always have to get at least half a case. They often have a decent price on the Russian / East European stuff but many people don't like using it. Otherwise I order over the internet.

bodger
10-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Why stop with just one truck?

BTW, I have an F150 with a super crew cab that seats four adults comfortably. It's perfect for those Reno ammo runs.

18 wheeler ought to do it. For the first run anyway.

Yeah, we start cleaning out the shelves in AZ and NV and we're sure to hear about it from free state gunnies. :D

Scratch705
10-04-2009, 12:15 PM
18 wheeler ought to do it. For the first run anyway.

Yeah, we start cleaning out the shelves in AZ and NV and we're sure to hear about it from free state gunnies. :D

do you need a FFL to sell ammo? if not.... i can talk with my friend that lives out in vegas. he is looking for business opportunities.

but of course this all pivots on if ab962 passes or not.

GoodEyeSniper
10-04-2009, 1:36 PM
do you need a FFL to sell ammo? if not.... i can talk with my friend that lives out in vegas. he is looking for business opportunities.

but of course this all pivots on if ab962 passes or not.

I was under the impression that you could resell ammunition, no problem. But this bill changes that.

Scratch705
10-04-2009, 1:57 PM
I was under the impression that you could resell ammunition, no problem. But this bill changes that.

i was talking more along the lines of getting him to open a ammo warehouse on the stateline between NV and CA, so that way for those that are doing ammo runs they don't have to travel too far. nor face the potentially unfriendly NV gun store owners for getting ammo.

private resell will not change under this bill (due to revision) only retail sales will require FTF and fingerprinting. but as many said, once this bill is in, it will be easy to amend it and put back what they took out in the revision since it won't take a 2/3 majority like passing a law/bill takes.

Shotgun Man
10-04-2009, 2:06 PM
i was talking more along the lines of getting him to open a ammo warehouse on the stateline between NV and CA, so that way for those that are doing ammo runs they don't have to travel too far. nor face the potentially unfriendly NV gun store owners for getting ammo.

private resell will not change under this bill (due to revision) only retail sales will require FTF and fingerprinting. but as many said, once this bill is in, it will be easy to amend it and put back what they took out in the revision since it won't take a 2/3 majority like passing a law/bill takes.

I believe most bills can be passed with a simple majority. AB 962 passed with a simple majority.

Bills that require an appropriation or that take effect immediately, generally require 27 votes in the Senate and 54 votes in the Assembly to be passed. Other bills generally require 21 votes in the Senate and 41 votes in the Assembly. If a bill is defeated, the Member may seek reconsideration and another vote.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/bil2lawx.html

bodger
10-04-2009, 2:47 PM

Last time I bought ammo in Scottsdale, I wasn't asked for any ID or anything, so unless that has changed, these free state shop owners wouldn't be able to tell for sure that they're selling to PRK ammo-starved gunnies.

Just wear camo BDU pants and a Sun Devils T-shirt when you make the buy.
:43:

As I understand it, (correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not citing any actual language from the bill) due to the amendment, we can sell ammo without an FFL as long as you aren't in a municipality that has its own restrictions.

The 50 round transfer limit got taken out. I think.

mfmayes49
10-04-2009, 3:28 PM
Give em time, they will get around to it.I still write and fax and phone, but it appears our crys are falling on deaf ears. Only the rich and hollywood celebs have a voice here in Kalifornia.

Phil3
10-04-2009, 3:39 PM
Give em time, they will get around to it.I still write and fax and phone, but it appears our crys are falling on deaf ears. Only the rich and hollywood celebs have a voice here in Kalifornia.

Why does it appear our voice is falling on deaf ears? - Phil

bodger
10-04-2009, 4:15 PM
^^^^^^^
Exactly why, even as I sit and fax and call the Guv's office voicing opposition to AB962, I wonder how these responses are tracked and if Arnie will ever be able to even give so much as a glance at our efforts.
Or if he'll even give a damn that there have been thousands of calls opposing.

It's all we can do, so I guess it needs to be done.

Phil3
10-04-2009, 7:56 PM
Because most politicians have their head crammed so far up their crack they can't hear the voters ( let alone hear the rest of reality... )

Doh, of course...sometimes I miss the obvious! - Phil

tiki
10-04-2009, 8:45 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking of opening two places right on the border. The Nevada one will sell ammo to Californians and the California one will sell pot to the Nevadans. :)