PDA

View Full Version : WASR-10 from riflegear.

WRENCHHEAD
10-03-2009, 11:15 AM
has anyone seen these in person or bought one? thinking of picking up my first AK platform. and for the price i'm affraid it's those "you get wat you pay for" situations.

reidnez
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Henderson Defense has them a bit cheaper (sorry Riflegear, you are still an awesome shop!) If you live near RG, however, it might still be worth it so that you can buy FTF and avoid the hassle of arranging shipping with an FFL. Up to you.

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?productId=78&categoryId=4

They also certify it to be free of magazine wobble, canted FSB etc. which are issues with some WASR's.

Jimmy Deuce
10-03-2009, 4:14 PM
Henderson Defense has them a bit cheaper (sorry Riflegear, you are still an awesome shop!) If you live near RG, however, it might still be worth it so that you can buy FTF and avoid the hassle of arranging shipping with an FFL. Up to you

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?productId=78&categoryId=4

They also certify it to be free of magazine wobble, canted FSB etc. which are issues with some WASR's.

Cheaper not true.

Henderson Defense
Rifle: $559.95
Shipping cost to CA per HD website :$22.36
Dros: $25
Transfer if you go some where fair like Rifle Gear: $50
Total:$657.31 up side is its certified so you know everything should be straight.

Rifle Gear
Rifle: $579
Tax: $50.66
Dros: $25
Total: $654.66 up side is cost is less and you get two mags instead of one.

To answer the OP Rifle Gear is a good shop if there is a concern with the rifle I am sure they can help.

Gregchico
10-03-2009, 4:25 PM
I love the people who screw the local FFL over $20 (or less). Then complain when local FFLs don't want to do something or help them out....

It is a good idea to check out the rifle in person to make sure that everything fits/looks/functions correctly. Some of the AKs are put together with less then appropriate care...

WRENCHHEAD
10-03-2009, 5:03 PM
well i went out to riflegear today, called before i went and they said they had some blonds and a red in. i'm really interested in the blond furniture... when i get there i ask to see the blonds they have and they tell me they have none.. i say i called earlier to confirm and they were like well you were told wrong... ummm ok i guess. drove pretty far too.

missiontrails
10-03-2009, 5:05 PM
Those should be bought FTF, because YOU NEED to check the front gas block/sight for canting. Henderson does advertise "certified" WASR's, which means that they check this for you.

Jimmy Deuce
10-03-2009, 6:52 PM
well i went out to riflegear today, called before i went and they said they had some blonds and a red in. i'm really interested in the blond furniture... when i get there i ask to see the blonds they have and they tell me they have none.. i say i called earlier to confirm and they were like well you were told wrong... ummm ok i guess. drove pretty far too.

Sounds out of character for them. Who did you speak to on the phone???

shark92651
10-03-2009, 6:58 PM

Sorry, I was the one you talked to on the phone. An employee told me we had two blondes in stock, which contradicted what the inventory system was telling me - should have trusted the computer more than him. As soon as I got off the phone with you someone else informed me the blondes were out, but we had two black polymer instead. We will try to order more on Monday but not sure if they have them in stock.

Oh, and we get these from Henderson Defense.

rcantu
10-03-2009, 7:02 PM
i didn't know it was that cheap there.

myfavoritecar
10-03-2009, 8:47 PM
I just bought a Russian Red" Century "Certified" AK47 Carbine In 7.62x39mm from Henderson Defense for $633.00 ( shipping Dros and transfer fees included and it's been californiaized).

http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?productId=77&categoryId=17

Are these any good? I was able to visit with it while signing my dros papers and it seemed nice soild and was lighter then I expected. It even has a bracket on the side so you can put a scopemount.