PDA

View Full Version : I Have 21 Acres off ortega legal to shoot!!

bmuoio
10-03-2009, 12:25 AM

bballwizard05
10-03-2009, 12:27 AM
haha sounds like every boys dream place. sweet dude

erik18
10-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm down for this. Keep us posted

mtsul
10-03-2009, 2:19 AM
Sounds great if you need help cleaning up or anything Im work right were the 5 and 405 freeways meet would be willing to help clean set up lights let me know
**sorry about spelling or anything odd its from my phone**

five.five-six
10-03-2009, 2:21 AM
tagging along, sounds like fun

Can'thavenuthingood
10-03-2009, 3:00 AM
This is a terrific idea, good location also.

Probably changed by now but I used to run up and down the Ortega back in 84-85.

That is an excellent location for OC Calgunners to gather.

Vick

jmlivingston
10-03-2009, 5:38 AM
I'm interested, would be awesome to finally have someplace outdoors to go shoot.

Guns R Tools
10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
One lucky guy you are.

Brianguy
10-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds like good times are to be had there. I live close to the area and look forward to the pics you'll post. You are my new best friend.

Chk Chk Boom
10-03-2009, 1:00 PM
ohhh mahh godd.

Keep us posted! I'm excited :D

Can'thavenuthingood
10-03-2009, 2:04 PM
Hmmm, lets see here, there are 43,560 sq.ft. in an acre.

A typical crowd estimate is 2.5 sq.ft. per person to occupy.

So 43,560/2.5 = 17,424 Calgunners per acre x 21 acres = 365,904 Calgunners

It would be my guess that you could hold a huge Calguns weekend long picnic Shoot-N-Q at any time.

A spring meet, a coming out party.

Vick

Brianguy
10-03-2009, 2:19 PM

It would be my guess that you could hold a huge Calguns weekend long picnic Shoot-N-Q at any time.

Vick

sounds like a hell of a bbq:D

GET SOME! GET SOME! :36:

BroncoBob
10-03-2009, 2:40 PM
Oh, now this sounds like my kind of place.

Gijoe
10-03-2009, 2:56 PM
that sounds like good times...cant wait to see pics

five.five-six
10-03-2009, 6:43 PM
I'm interested, would be awesome to finally have someplace outdoors to go shoot.

does this mean I finally get to meet you?

IDK if you remember hooking me up with Nadine a few years ago, but she is GREAT!

makav3li
10-03-2009, 6:51 PM

Vick
if it turns out to be a calguns event, count me in!!!

Gunaria
10-03-2009, 6:57 PM
= 365,904 Calgunners

Taking a dump on your property.:eek: Start renting a lot of porta potties.

7.62x54R
10-03-2009, 8:28 PM
sweet some people have alot of luck :(

Richie Caketown
10-03-2009, 9:14 PM
pics of the area lol

Can'thavenuthingood
10-03-2009, 9:25 PM
The 365,904 figure was just to see what fits in that space, an estimate.

I'd think we'd get no more than a hundred or so Calgunners together down there at any given time. Life just gets in the way, kids get sick, work calls, duty calls and vehicles break.

Everyone brings a shovel, rake and a 2x4 and we can build up a nice shooting area. Of course bmuoio has to have a plan ready to go when folks arrive so they know what to do and where to dig and build.

An outdoor range out in the middle but close to high population areas would be a good deal.

Vick

caoboy
10-03-2009, 9:50 PM
Why are all the deals in So-Cal....LOL.

That is awesome that you are giving CG'ers a place to shoot for the price of help. If it were close I'd definitely come help!

G17GUY
10-03-2009, 9:52 PM
um... he said a few. Don't scare him off.:D

jmlivingston
10-03-2009, 10:03 PM
does this mean I finally get to meet you?

IDK if you remember hooking me up with Nadine a few years ago, but she is GREAT!

I remember, and yes she is! Glad she's taken care of you.

John

simplenamez
10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
count me in! im in socal

that would be awesome!

retired
10-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Hey, I can't really do any physical work due to my injuries, but I make a decent supervisor. I can order people to do stuff without any problems and yell with the best of them.:D

glbtrottr
10-04-2009, 5:55 AM
let us know! Happy to come along

five.five-six
10-04-2009, 7:48 AM
Hey, I can't really do any physical work due to my injuries, but I make a decent supervisor. I can order people to do stuff without any problems and yell with the best of them.:D

sry, my wife has that job already

dirtnap
10-04-2009, 8:19 AM
I'm game, this is an great idea!

Bigballaizm
10-04-2009, 9:00 AM
I am looking for a few good people to go camping on my property on a Fri night to camp and shoot the next day and leave next day. Or Saturday camp out shoot Sunday. I have spent fair amount of time there making it similar to a base camp with lots of sand bags and bunker to shoot from. As well as area to camp. It is in a hidden Cannon of Oaks and very wooded. It is zoned for shooting. I just need help in return to make it a killer place to practice and make the ultimate place to get away close by and have a war set scenario to shoot AR's or any caliber below 338 Also is fun to shoot at night with the hand guns. I have it set up to do that as well with lights. I am going tomorrow with a few guys and will take some pictures to post of it.
Brian

Hey Brian, cant wait to see pics! If the offer is still open I would like to join too. Im not far, in Temecula!
Thanx.

Got Stuff?
10-04-2009, 9:52 AM
Sounds cool.

I'd be interested too. :D

Digital_Boy
10-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Very interested too. Only about an hour or so north of me. I'm entirely willing to pitch in and help clean up or help build bunkers/whatever.

obeygiant
10-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm in, depending on date and time, and can bring 2 guys that are good with tools to help as well.

retired
10-04-2009, 1:54 PM
sry, my wife has that job already

Yeah, but does she have stripes; I kept one of my shirts and it has stripes, so there.:p:D

Bigballaizm, we can go together if you want, I live next door in French Valley.

SteveH
10-04-2009, 3:23 PM
Orange or Riverside county side of the Ortega? i didnt think it was legal to shoot anywhere in OC. Hunt yes, target shoot..no.

Lyte-
10-04-2009, 3:23 PM
Im in also!

I am on limited duty because of the whole ACL surgery and what not, but I can do some physical stuff just not alot of heavy lifting and walking...

Noonanda
10-04-2009, 3:27 PM
hell this is just up/down the road from me depending on which side of the ortegas, if you need someone to do some manual labor to help make this happen let me know

bmuoio
10-04-2009, 4:01 PM
I was only able to contact one of you to see if I could drive up with someone. I had a few other guys waiting there when I got there that were all ready shooting. I had my land partner bring a friend he mentioned was into guns.. I imagined he had a couple?? I was way wrong!! This guy Chris was loaded with stuff!! Every goody I have only seen in the mags. FPS gauge. Shooting swivel chair. Henry riffle. 700 muzzle loader. and on and on... Plus alot of AR's never even fired. We shot for 3 or four hours and walked down to take a break. As I looked at a old ford truck that is the last remaining car that hasn't been removed nor has been touched by vandals, I thought a bit and knew it belonged to a neighbor that would use it to come and get water from my spring with it. It has remained on the property for three years now and have asked him to remove it several times!!! As I was standing next to it while packing my p220 Combat chambered and just looking at the juicy driver side door. (wondering if it would go all the way through and possibly in the passenger door??) I turned to Steve and said "We asked him so many times and he does nothing to make an effort!!" I said let me just put one round in the door? Steve said "alright" I proceded to fire One round in it! We all looked in amusement!! As Steve turned and walked away from the truck I got this UN desirable urge to UN load the remaining 7 round in the door. Steve turned around immediately and just began to laugh! At this time it was on!!!!!!!! we all joined in and shot at it for almost two hours.. with everything in are arsenal. M14 EBR 100rounds/ Chris had a nice slug gun we tried. And everything down to a GSG5 22. That was the grand finally of the day!! And I think the best time I have ever had on a shooting day!! As for pictures of the land I brought a video camera that I took video of the day before the truck episode and the battery went dead before I could video the Finale:mad: I am still trying to upload the video on u tube of the property. And someone asked about Riverside or Orange county it is Riverside and zoned Commercial W3 It even states in the zoning I could have a public shooting range. I have had two episodes where the police came to check out the shooting and ended in a apology and a have a nice day!! Still working on Video as I am very serious about making are own Iraq out there. I have even been looking to buy some terrorist poster cut outs or used cheep mannequins??(any suggestions?)
Keep you all posted!
Brian
bmuoio@gmail.com

Bigballaizm
10-04-2009, 5:30 PM
Sounds like a great day Brian. Maybe next time you go you will allow me to tag along! Thanx.

GuyW
10-04-2009, 6:40 PM
Please tell me you know the County shooting regs, noise regs, and zoning laws inside-out....

mousegun
10-04-2009, 8:09 PM
ARGH! :eek:

I log out for a coupla days and miss it!

Ya need some gopher work, lifting, digging, clean up, anything? Lemme know!
Also includes radio work, computer, chronography, whaddya need?
I'm usually busy with the OCSheriff two days a week, but it's flexible.

Jeez.. I'd even pay dollah kine money to have a place to shoot like that!

mtsul
10-04-2009, 8:42 PM
Sounds Good. Maybe next time you go you will allow me to tag along! I also am willing to go dig and build whatever anything for calgunners

bmuoio
10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Please tell me you know the County shooting regs, noise regs, and zoning laws inside-out....

I am not holding a Cal guns shooting Rave party. I don't know why you ask this? I have lived on the property for 3 years and now live in Orange county. I have been shooting out there for 7 years with only two episodes when I had the sheriff dept. Illegally come on the property. One time they ran one firearm in there system and said have a nice day and they were sorry. The other time they came was because I am constantly fighting with the water district and they thought I was shooting at them and called. Same thing " Sorry you have every right to shoot on your land" I am looking for allot of guys to come but not all at once. As for a Cal guns meet that may be possible if I just talk to the Local Sheriff dept to see what is possible? Worst case scenerio on that is we may not all soot at once or just have a cook off.

covertcombatant
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I live in Lake Elsinore, my 8 year old and myself can be up there to help any weekend you need. It would be good for him to work to have a place to shoot.
I also have some lumber if you need it.

Lyte-
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I am not holding a Cal guns shooting Rave party. I don't know why you ask this? I have lived on the property for 3 years and now live in Orange county. I have been shooting out there for 7 years with only two episodes when I had the sheriff dept. Illegally come on the property. One time they ran one firearm in there system and said have a nice day and they were sorry. The other time they came was because I am constantly fighting with the water district and they thought I was shooting at them and called. Same thing " Sorry you have every right to shoot on your land" I am looking for allot of guys to come but not all at once. As for a Cal guns meet that may be possible if I just talk to the Local Sheriff dept to see what is possible? Worst case scenerio on that is we may not all soot at once or just have a cook off.

Girls are invited also right? :D

JaMail
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
very nice property.. if you can get some guys interested in pitching in some money, id donate some to get a walking combat shoot setup. get some gong targets and maybe some spring loaded knock downs.

Eckolaker
10-05-2009, 1:21 PM
I live in RSM, let me know how I can help.

Vtec44
10-05-2009, 3:58 PM
Wow, nice place you got there!

johnrunner89
10-05-2009, 4:08 PM
Wish i had some land like that!

bmuoio
10-05-2009, 5:25 PM
Girls are invited also right? :D

Only if they have cute friends!!hehe:D

bmuoio
10-05-2009, 5:59 PM
Hey guys!!
There has been a overwhelming response to my call for a few good men. I think we can make a awesome camp and a dream range to practice more than just shooting paper at your every day range or dirty dump that permits shooting. My idea of the ultimate place to go for the night and stay the next day and possibly 2? Would be...... Leveling more spots for different base camps for more people to have level areas to pitch tents and have a fire.( as you can see very hilly on the property) Also we will need many more sand bags. I go to my local fire dept. and ask for them. They are free. You might not suggest there for anything other than flooding at your house. Also behind the wall off bags I like to dig a trench that runs behind then so you don't need to pile bags 5 or 6 feet high. More trails leading to areas of interests. Most importantly have every area built of on the same side. On a opposing side make some enemy bunkers with dressed mannequins or poster terrorist cutouts on cardboard(cheaper) I have a major natural spring that holds 50 Gallons a minute water. At a pressure of 25lbs. and have it plumed from the top to the bottom. Will need more T's to bring to more spots. I would even like to make some tree houses. (Carpenters are going to be very helpful) Also there is a major problem up there with Poison Oak so Pants and boots as well as gloves will be helpful but not required( your call) I get it way to often:mad: Any way I can BS to long about this but you get the logiest of it! I do need any one that is interested to start sending me emails with full name and most accessible phone # to call you. As well as a little about yourself and ideas you might have. I truly am not looking for groups and private clubs or Militia to hold there events there. I wish I could but this will only shut us down before we can even get started.
My email is bmuoio@gmail.com
Thank for all the interest,
Brian

Lead_Rain
10-06-2009, 1:54 PM
I live in Wildomar. Always on the Ortega either going to see friends in the OC,
or taking a ride on my Ducati up to the lookoout.

I have some way cool steel targets I can bring to your next outing.

Keep us posted.

Nice Plot man!

1923mack
10-06-2009, 3:01 PM
I live in Riverside County and have had more dealing with the County Planning Department than I wish to admit. Just because it is zoned for something does not mean they will allow it. They frequently want a conditional use permit to "approve" an allowed land useage. These permit are very costly. Keep a low profile, and no more calls from neighbors and you may be ok, but be carefull.

Khram
10-06-2009, 3:08 PM

What I was thinking! If this has been all sorted out I wouldn't mind helping out and shooting depending who is going to be there.

bmuoio
10-06-2009, 8:04 PM
I live in Riverside County and have had more dealing with the County Planning Department than I wish to admit. Just because it is zoned for something does not mean they will allow it. They frequently want a conditional use permit to "approve" an allowed land useage. These permit are very costly. Keep a low profile, and no more calls from neighbors and you may be ok, but be carefull.

Yea I am friend with the neighbors and try to keep the piece always. They also shoot. One guy has a pistol range that is really set up nice! As for zoning I am not trying to pull any permits to do a public range. I just was asking for some friend to enjoy the same interests. I will always minimize the crowd to no more than a few guys at a time on a Saturday for shooting. If I wanted to hold a larger gathering it would only be social.
Thanks for the concern and I have expressed this on past posts.
Brian

bmuoio
10-06-2009, 8:19 PM
Going this Friday night and camp out. We will tear it up Saturday and split some time in the after noon. Hope you can go. Also I need you on my email list please respond via bmuoio@gmail.com This makes it easier to send out emails all at once.
Brian
P.S If I have to many people wanting to go I will pencil in for following week. etc.

zman
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Is the property in Riverside County or OC?

retired
10-07-2009, 2:45 PM
Is the property in Riverside County or OC?

Per his post on the 2nd page, it is in Riverside County.

Eckolaker
10-10-2009, 6:50 PM
A friend and I met Bmuoio this afternoon on his property.

Don't go, it totally sucks and we had zero fun!

:rolleyes:

bmuoio
10-10-2009, 9:40 PM
It was nice to meet you guys! I think it's funny that there is no where around CA to have freedom to shoot without going to a junk yard in the middle of the desert. and I have it so good I offer my land to shoot to over 20 guys who said they want to go. And only 2 showed :confused: I guess some peoples wife's only issue hall passes to good boys?? I know I only gave a few days notice. But I am spontaneous and not good and keep long term plans. Maybe We should do the first week of every month or something??:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGuFbX7d8mk

HkUSP45
10-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I wanted go, but i have to work on saturday. I used up all my sick days. Are you camping out there next weekend?

bmuoio
10-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Not sure yet?? I get burned out if I go Back to back and that would make 3 in a row. But I'm getting a new Benelli m4 Monday so I might go out Sat morning to hunt and shoot.

HkUSP45
10-14-2009, 4:39 PM
Count me in if you decide to go. I'll bring my shotgun.
i have 3 lexus leather car seat if you want them.

Vtec44
10-14-2009, 4:50 PM
I sent you an email. Let me know the next time you head out. I will bring some tools to build some wooden targets, small shed, etc. Just dump whatever scrap woods you have there and we'll figure it out. :D

MAD SVT
10-14-2009, 5:21 PM
Im in fo sho! (pending owners approval obviously LOL)

Carpenter + Truck filled with tools + Arsenal = LETS DO THIS!