PDA

View Full Version : Best argument against 962's ammo restrictions:

1JimMarch
10-02-2009, 11:10 PM
"If you send stupid little punk gangbangers to Nevada or Arizona for ammo, you may be assured that they'll return with a LOT more than ammo. They'll pay extra for guns stolen there by local criminals, they'll buy at least some stuff in face-to-face transactions as is legal there, they'll bring back guns of types that are banned here. You won't like the results."

CalNRA
10-02-2009, 11:27 PM
"If you send stupid little punk gangbangers to Nevada or Arizona for ammo, you may be assured that they'll return with a LOT more than ammo. They'll pay extra for guns stolen there by local criminals, they'll buy at least some stuff in face-to-face transactions as is legal there, they'll bring back guns of types that are banned here. You won't like the results."

wouldn't that encourage the SF Bay Area/LA transplants in those states to push for similar bans?:confused:

Aleksei Vasiliev
10-02-2009, 11:32 PM
what no that's a terrible argument

1JimMarch
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm in Arizona now. Trust me, gun bans aren't going to happen HERE any time soon. We came within a smidge of getting Vermont/Alaska-style carry this year and will be trying again. We DID get the total ban on carry in places that serve beer/etc. reversed, and got the right to have guns in cars in employer parking lots.

Nevada is in good shape too...not AS good, but not in much danger.

caoboy
10-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I think the best argument is asking:

"How does this HELP?"

Then letting them explain their reasoning to you, while you counter everything that comes out of their mouths.

bwiese
10-03-2009, 1:16 AM
I don't think that argument is that helpful.

I don't believe the arguments from public may be analyzed deeply, either - a mass of "no" votes will however be effective.

Other channels regarding conflict with various Federal laws are being exploited thru channels that will have credibility.

In the meantime, KEEP UP THE PRESSURE. Jam those Phone switches (PBXs)!

Mitch
10-03-2009, 8:10 AM
Best argument is that this law ought to make ammunition as difficult for criminals to get as it is for them to get cocaine, which we spend billions of dollars a year trying to keep out of their hands.

No prohibition has ever worked, It's amazing that people continue to enact them again and again in the face of 100% failure.

bohoki
10-03-2009, 8:31 AM
how about this as an argument

so each gangbanger is only allowed to kill 50 people a month

i'm sure they wont have their posse that goes around and buys their 2 boxes of sudafed a month go and buy their box of ammo per month

well thanks for that