View Full Version : Propaganda from a Marxist/Leninist

10-02-2009, 4:21 PM
Thank you for your recent communication in opposition to AB 962 (De Leon). This bill seeks to reduce gun violence by ensuring that sellers of handgun ammunition are legitimate, regulated businesses required to follow procedures to deter illegal acquisition of handgun ammunition. It would do this by requiring anyone involved in the sale of more than fifty rounds of ammunition per month to acquire a vendorís license. It would also require businesses to perform background checks on employees, store ammunition behind the counter, and prohibit mail-order sales to facilitate safer ammunition sales. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Currently, there is little control over ammunition sales, even while there is much regulation of gun sales. By making sure ammunition is sold only to legal gun owners through the implementation of better store practices and control of ammunition sales, AB 962 seeks to reduce criminalsí access to ammunition while still keeping the interests of legal gun owners in min. This bill was passed by the Assembly and when it came before me on the Senate floor I voted in support. It is now awaiting the governorís signature.

You can read more about the status, history, and analysis of this and other bills online at www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html . While you are online, please check out my website, www.sen.ca.gov/steinberg, to learn of community events and other issues in which I am involved.

If you need my assistance or have concerns about any other matter, please do not hesitate to call my office at (916) 651-1529.

President pro Tempore

6th Senate District

All I can say is YOU LIE -- I can tell -- your lips are moving.

NRA Lifer, Father PFC Scott 1st Battallion, 7th Marines, Charley Company

10-02-2009, 4:21 PM
:dupe: ;)