PDA

View Full Version : WTT/WTS AK Romy Parts kit w/ New Ironwood furniture and Receiver

evollep3
10-02-2009, 4:09 PM
I got a Romy Parts Kit with Brand New stained Iron wood Stock set and the standard one (those who know Iron wood know they are great stuff!!!! and a wait to get them!) all matching numbers. All Demilled and ready to assemble all you need is a set rivets or if you want to do a screw build i will give you a set i have.

The receiver is a AKbuilder flat already bent with rails spot welded (hardest parts of the build is already done)

Also i will throw in 1 Tapco 30rd mag rebuild kit

you have everything here to put together a ROMY AK.

Im looking to get $420 for the whole lot or trade for a 1911 or Sub Compact XD9, Remy700, glock 19 or anything just send it to me and i might just do it AR parts AR 308 parts
Im located in Stockton and Rancho Cordova
Note Since Receiver is already almost done will need to Dros

Heres the pictures the trun looks brown but its the solution we tried to blue it was expired so it let a nasty brown tone
The Kit
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/IMG_1239.jpg
Iron Wood Furniture
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Evollep3/IMG_1238.jpg
Flashlight not included

thanks

harder
10-02-2009, 5:05 PM
pm sent.

evollep3
10-03-2009, 11:08 PM
btt cause i would be interested in a 1911 as well

evollep3
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
btt

SanSacto
10-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Ironwood Designs has great AK stocks! :thumbsup:

cracktheskye
10-05-2009, 12:06 AM
pm sent

evollep3
10-07-2009, 11:51 PM
btt

evollep3
10-09-2009, 2:51 PM
btt

JAGGUY
10-09-2009, 3:03 PM
"The receiver is a AKbuilder flat already bent with rails spot welded (hardest parts of the build is already done)"

"Note Since Receiver is already almost done will need to Dros"

So is the receiver already engraved as necessary to be DROSed?

-greg

evollep3
10-09-2009, 3:34 PM
"The receiver is a AKbuilder flat already bent with rails spot welded (hardest parts of the build is already done)"

"Note Since Receiver is already almost done will need to Dros"

So is the receiver already engraved as necessary to be DROSed?

-greg

not engraved but i am told that it will still need to go through a ffl

cosorio
10-09-2009, 3:53 PM
As I understand, a bent and welded receiver with no markings or engravings do not need to go through an FFL. There are a lot of sites that sell bent and welded receivers and ship directly to you.

JAGGUY
10-09-2009, 6:18 PM
In order to go through DROS the receiver needs a ser#, caliber stamped, Manufacture location and manufacture name, just like a Nodak Spud.
-greg

Sleepnosis
10-09-2009, 8:36 PM
pm sent

CSACANNONEER
10-09-2009, 8:42 PM
As I understand, a bent and welded receiver with no markings or engravings do not need to go through an FFL. There are a lot of sites that sell bent and welded receivers and ship directly to you.

Then you understand wrong! It is not legal to buy, sell or even loan a receiver without markings. It is perfectly legal to build and own one. But, under federal law, it needs to be marked before it is loaned or sold. Feel free to prove me wrong by linking to a site that sells complete and unmarked receivers. Yea, you can't find one because, everyone involved would go to jail.

69Mach1
10-09-2009, 8:49 PM
Then you understand wrong! It is not legal to buy, sell or even loan a receiver without markings. It is perfectly legal to build and own one. But, under federal law, it needs to be marked before it is loaned or sold. Feel free to prove me wrong by linking to a site that sells complete and unmarked receivers. Yea, you can't find one because, everyone involved would go to jail.

What he said.

luchador768
10-10-2009, 3:09 AM
Bump for a good guy, with good stuff!

cosorio
10-10-2009, 5:29 AM

Here's a link of a site who sells 80% receivers (bent with ejector and rails welded in): redhotgundeals.com

CSACANNONEER
10-10-2009, 6:49 AM
Here's a link of a site who sells 80% receivers (bent with ejector and rails welded in): redhotgundeals.com

Those are 80% receivers, not completed ones! I bought one of those 10 years ago and I agree that they are legal to sell in their present state. However, if you drill one hole or start shaping the top rails, you've gone past the 80% mark and in order to sell or loan it to anyone, it needs to be marked with your name as the manufacturer, city and state of manufacturer and a unique serial number. There's a big difference between selling an 80% receiver and a complete gun like you were refering to. Please, be extremely careful when transfering homebuilt guns. Follow all the laws. I only know of Federal laws that are specific to home builds. As far as California law is concerned, treat it like any other transfer as long as it's marked properly.

BTW, I would recommend bending a flat instead of trying one of these. Now these are as almost as expensive as a NDS-3 but, the finished product won't have any dimples etc. So, even if you line all your holes up perfectly (extremely hard to do), your finished product will not be as nice as a cheaper flat bend.

evollep3
10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Those are 80% receivers, not completed ones! I bought one of those 10 years ago and I agree that they are legal to sell in their present state. However, if you drill one hole or start shaping the top rails, you've gone past the 80% mark and in order to sell or loan it to anyone, it needs to be marked with your name as the manufacturer, city and state of manufacturer and a unique serial number. There's a big difference between selling an 80% receiver and a complete gun like you were refering to. Please, be extremely careful when transfering homebuilt guns. Follow all the laws. I only know of Federal laws that are specific to home builds. As far as California law is concerned, treat it like any other transfer as long as it's marked properly.

BTW, I would recommend bending a flat instead of trying one of these. Now these are as almost as expensive as a NDS-3 but, the finished product won't have any dimples etc. So, even if you line all your holes up perfectly (extremely hard to do), your finished product will not be as nice as a cheaper flat bend.

csa i hope your not telling people not to get my lower? :mad: this lower was a flat bent for this particular kit the holes will line up for the listed kit? i have done a few and never had a problem. and just seem like throwing in the receiver is more than a head ache i will just trash the sucker and take the $20 off the selling price. and there have been receivers dros with out marking a member on here sold a parts kit similar doing the same

CSACANNONEER
10-10-2009, 12:03 PM
csa i hope your not telling people not to get my lower? :mad: this lower was a flat bent for this particular kit the holes will line up for the listed kit? i have done a few and never had a problem. and just seem like throwing in the receiver is more than a head ache i will just trash the sucker and take the $20 off the selling price. and there have been receivers dros with out marking a member on here sold a parts kit similar doing the same

No, I'm saying don't get the "prebent 80%" ones without holes. You said your's is an AK builder flat which you bent. That's a different animal than the prebent ones. As far as transfering your receiver goes, I guess that if you find a FFL who understands the laws and can legaly transfer it, go for it! BTW, if you don't sell it in the next two weeks, you're more than welcome to come down to my build party and put it together.

cosorio
10-10-2009, 3:13 PM

CSA thanks for all the info. At the time of my initial post, I was referring to exactly the receiver that the vendor is selling and I should have stated 80%.

evollep3
10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
btt

evollep3
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
btt