PDA

View Full Version : Magpul upgrades complete

Sander77
10-02-2009, 3:17 PM
Folks,

I usually like to shoot everything stock for a little while before I change anything. Did a few range visits with the RRA Entry Tactical pretty much as it came out of the box, except for an Eotech.

But I just got a bunch of boxes in the mail today. Christmas in October! Added were:

- Magpul CTR stock
- Magpul MOE handguards
- Gear Sector single point sling
- GG&G agency sling adapter
- Switched to 10/30 Magpul mags (had been using 10/20 Bushmasters)

By the way, I got the stock, handguard, and mags from MidwestPX, and the sling from Gear Sector directly. Both of them have out-of-this-world customer service. Just refreshing in this day and age when you're treated like a high roller even when you're just buying a couple items. The way those guys treated me it was like I was offering them a government contract...

Anyway, just another guy sharing the BRD...

Sander77
10-02-2009, 3:24 PM
Oops, forgot the Magpul MIAD grip is new, too. Swapped out the Hogue that I had on there.

Greg-Dawg
10-02-2009, 3:26 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34400&d=1254521069

Sander77
10-02-2009, 3:34 PM
Oops, right - thanks for that...

Merc1138
10-02-2009, 3:36 PM
But, no magpul BAD, ASAP, ranger plates, trigger guard, sling, etc?

Jicko
10-02-2009, 3:41 PM
But, no magpul BAD, ASAP, ranger plates, trigger guard, sling, etc?

yeah.... how can you call it "complete"?

heh hee...

IMO:
> BAD - AOK
> ASAP - nah... i'll pass for Noveske's End Plate
> Ranger Plates - AOK
> Trigger Guard - Stick will the AL version, pass on the MOE one
> Sling, MS2 - AOK

:)

Sander77
10-02-2009, 3:42 PM
Magpul BAD was backordered, so it's coming from MidwestPX when they get it in stock again.

I considered the ASAP, but had heard really good things about the Gear Sector sling, too. I think what finally made my decision to go with the Gear Sector was that I knew I could use the GG&G adaptor that fits over the castle nut and wouldn't have to replace the end plate. For the ASAP, I knew it was best used with their Magpul end plate adapter.

Ranger plates were an option when ordering from MidwestPX, but I use Tactical Tailor single mag carriers on my 3-gun vest and I thought the ranger plates would interfere with the bungee cord keeper.

I got the full kit for the MIAD, so I do have the that bigger trigger guard, but just didn't install it as I never thought I'd need the extra space for gloves...

Sander77
10-02-2009, 3:43 PM
LOL - actually, I really should have made the subject "THIS round of updates complete". As soon as I sell more old gear, I'm sure I'll be adding more new mods. :)

Jicko
10-02-2009, 3:45 PM
I considered the ASAP, but had heard really good things about the Gear Sector sling, too. I think what finally made my decision to go with the Gear Sector was that I knew I could use the GG&G adaptor that fits over the castle nut and wouldn't have to replace the end plate. For the ASAP, I knew it was best used with their Magpul end plate adapter.

ASAP is the sling mount.... MS2 is the sling.... :rolleyes:

Go with the Noveske End Plate, all you need is to add a QD Swivel Button, then you can use your Gear Sector sling, in an ambi fashion.

I got the full kit for the MIAD, so I do have the bigger trigger guard, but just didn't install it as I never thought I'd need the extra space for gloves...

It is not JUST for "extra space".... the gap and the rough original trigger tends to chew up your middle finger...

Merc1138
10-02-2009, 3:45 PM
LOL - actually, I really should have made the subject "THIS round of updates complete". As soon as I sell more old gear, I'm sure I'll be adding more new mods. :)

Ok, I was about to say you were full of it claiming that you were "done" lol.

Sander77
10-02-2009, 3:49 PM
Oops right. MS2 is the sling, ASAP is the mount. Geez, you'd think I'd know that after all those hours of net research I did trying to decide... I thought I'd spent a lot of time fussing over choosing 10/22 parts!

THT
10-02-2009, 4:04 PM
Looks great!

And I have a Gear Sector sling plate on one of my ARs and an ASAP on another; they're both great plates. The guys at GS are also a stand-up bunch!

Vin496
10-02-2009, 4:18 PM
Looks good, very similar to my setup.

Sander77
10-02-2009, 4:26 PM
I have to say that besides the good looks, I also really like the new feel of the rifle overall. I guess if you change the handguard, grip, and stock you're changing all the contact points on the rifle. Everything just feels a little better to me now, from cheek weld, to the grip on the handguard, etc.

Vin496
10-02-2009, 4:30 PM
I have to say that besides the good looks, I also really like the new feel of the rifle overall. I guess if you change the handguard, grip, and stock you're changing all the contact points on the rifle. Everything just feels a little better to me now, from cheek weld, to the grip on the handguard, etc.

My biggest and favorite change was the addition of the MOE handguards.

evidens83
10-02-2009, 4:33 PM
Looks good but I hope you know theres plenty of other Magpul goodies you can add to it ;)

Sander77
10-02-2009, 4:40 PM
LOL, for better or worse I know the whole catalog down to the stickers at this point :)

It's true, the mods never truly end...