PDA

View Full Version : This what my Senator had to say about AB 962...

arfan66
10-02-2009, 1:26 PM
From Senator Steinberg:

"Thank you for your recent communication in opposition to AB 962 (De Leon). This bill seeks to reduce gun violence by ensuring that sellers of handgun ammunition are legitimate, regulated businesses required to follow procedures to deter illegal acquisition of handgun ammunition. It would do this by requiring anyone involved in the sale of more than fifty rounds of ammunition per month to acquire a vendorís license. It would also require businesses to perform background checks on employees, store ammunition behind the counter, and prohibit mail-order sales to facilitate safer ammunition sales. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Currently, there is little control over ammunition sales, even while there is much regulation of gun sales. By making sure ammunition is sold only to legal gun owners through the implementation of better store practices and control of ammunition sales, AB 962 seeks to reduce criminalsí access to ammunition while still keeping the interests of legal gun owners in min. This bill was passed by the Assembly and when it came before me on the Senate floor I voted in support. It is now awaiting the governorís signature.

You can read more about the status, history, and analysis of this and other bills online at www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html . While you are online, please check out my website, www.sen.ca.gov/steinberg, to learn of community events and other issues in which I am involved.

If you need my assistance or have concerns about any other matter, please do not hesitate to call my office at (916) 651-1529.

Sincerely,

DARRELL STEINBERG

President pro Tempore

6th Senate District"

I did not nor will I vote for this guy.......

kf6tac
10-02-2009, 1:27 PM
Responses like these tempt me to send a letter back with a photograph of my middle finger taped over what they sent to me.

arfan66
10-02-2009, 1:32 PM
I definitely let him know what I think about his choice. What an @$$!

Caseless
10-02-2009, 1:53 PM
Why can't such lawmakers all move to PRC, People's Republic of China, where anything firearms related is banned.:puke:
Last time I checked, the U.S. constitution hasn't been repealed yet.

1923mack
10-02-2009, 2:34 PM
So much for supporting the constitution of the United States!!

97F1504RAD
10-02-2009, 2:52 PM
You should send him a reply letting him know that due to his irrational behavior on such flawed legislation and his total disregard towards the Constitution that he has now made it clear that you will vote for whomever runs against him in the next election and you will also do everything in your power to make sure he never gets elected again.

That's what i do anyway.

mmartin
10-02-2009, 3:07 PM
You should send him a reply letting him know that due to his irrational behavior on such flawed legislation and his total disregard towards the Constitution that he has now made it clear that you will vote for whomever runs against him in the next election and you will also do everything in your power to make sure he never gets elected again.

That's what i do anyway.

+100

bsim
10-02-2009, 3:12 PM
Yeah, but not even a "I appreciate your opinion..." piece.

(sigh)

Fate
10-02-2009, 3:15 PM
Cliff Notes version: "I will do whatever I damn well please, peon!"

liquidmx
10-02-2009, 3:21 PM
I agree with 97F15404Rad. I would print something out in the exact same format he sent to you in the format below with a sticky note saying "fixed this for you". Feel free to edit as you see fit.

""Thank you for your recent communication in opposition to AB 962 (De Leon). I fixed a few things in regards to your recent response, please see the bold(ed) words. This bill seeks to increase the violation of constitutional rights by ensuring that sellers of handgun ammunition are legitimate, regulated businesses required to follow procedures to deter law abiding citizens' acquisition of handgun ammunition. It would do this by requiring anyone involved in the sale of more than fifty rounds of ammunition per month to acquire a vendor’s license. It would also require businesses to perform background checks on employees, store ammunition behind the counter, and prohibit mail-order sales to facilitate less ammunition sales and more government intervention into private enterprise.

Currently, there is little control over CRIMINALS since we all know if they are planning on shooting someone they have no regard for the law in the first place, even while there is much regulation of gun sales. By making sure ammunition is sold only to legal gun owners through the implementation of more expensive government requirements requiring store practices and control of ammunition sales, AB 962 seeks to reduce law abiding citizens’ access to ammunition while not caring about the interests of legal gun owners in mind. This bill was passed by the Assembly and when it came before me on the Senate floor I voted in support because I dont care about the sentiments of the citizens I represent...such as yourself. It is now awaiting the governor’s signature or veto."

I would like to further note that I plan on voting for anyone but you in the next election. I also intend on spending as much of my freetime as possible lobbying AGAINST you in the next election.

Double Tap
10-02-2009, 3:41 PM
remember this when its time to vote

vladbutsky
10-02-2009, 4:45 PM
Send him this link: http://www.reformcal.com/cms/ ;)

At least your "representative" responded to you. Mine doesn't even bother to respond and still voted for both AB962 and SB585. I guess I'm not that important to spend time responding...:mad:

Kid Stanislaus
10-02-2009, 7:20 PM
From Senator Steinberg:

"Thank you for your recent communication in opposition to AB 962 (De Leon). This bill seeks to reduce gun violence by ensuring that sellers of handgun ammunition are legitimate, regulated businesses required to follow procedures to deter illegal acquisition of handgun ammunition. It would do this by requiring anyone involved in the sale of more than fifty rounds of ammunition per month to acquire a vendor’s license. It would also require businesses to perform background checks on employees, store ammunition behind the counter, and prohibit mail-order sales to facilitate safer ammunition sales. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue. Currently, there is little control over ammunition sales, even while there is much regulation of gun sales. By making sure ammunition is sold only to legal gun owners through the implementation of better store practices and control of ammunition sales, AB 962 seeks to reduce criminals’ access to ammunition while still keeping the interests of legal gun owners in min. This bill was passed by the Assembly and when it came before me on the Senate floor I voted in support. It is now awaiting the governor’s signature. You can read more about the status, history, and analysis of this and other bills online at www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html . While you are online, please check out my website, www.sen.ca.gov/steinberg, to learn of community events and other issues in which I am involved. If you need my assistance or have concerns about any other matter, please do not hesitate to call my office at (916) 651-1529.Sincerely, DARRELL STEINBERG President pro Tempore 6th Senate District"

Send him the following message: "Hey Darrell, how 'bout you take this POS response to my letter and shove it up your backside, Jack."

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 7:39 PM
From Senator Steinberg:

"Thank you for your recent communication in opposition to AB 962 (De Leon). This bill seeks to reduce gun violence by ensuring that sellers of handgun ammunition are legitimate, regulated businesses required to follow procedures to deter illegal acquisition of handgun ammunition. It would do this by requiring anyone involved in the sale of more than fifty rounds of ammunition per month to acquire a vendorís license. It would also require businesses to perform background checks on employees, store ammunition behind the counter, and prohibit mail-order sales to facilitate safer ammunition sales. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Currently, there is little control over ammunition sales, even while there is much regulation of gun sales. By making sure ammunition is sold only to legal gun owners through the implementation of better store practices and control of ammunition sales, AB 962 seeks to reduce criminalsí access to ammunition while still keeping the interests of legal gun owners in min. This bill was passed by the Assembly and when it came before me on the Senate floor I voted in support. It is now awaiting the governorís signature.

You can read more about the status, history, and analysis of this and other bills online at www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html . While you are online, please check out my website, www.sen.ca.gov/steinberg, to learn of community events and other issues in which I am involved.

If you need my assistance or have concerns about any other matter, please do not hesitate to call my office at (916) 651-1529.

Sincerely,

DARRELL STEINBERG

President pro Tempore

6th Senate District"

I did not nor will I vote for this guy.......

I sent Dianne Fienstien an F U response after she sent me some similar crap.

bombadillo
10-02-2009, 7:59 PM
What do you expect. We live in a liberal state where garbage like this will eventually turn us all into felons. I know what to expect from them anymore, vote accordingly and slowly am planning on moving to a free state because I just cant handle the idiocy of it anymore. Its like fighting with a wall here. I want to say that I love my state enough to fight the good fight, but honestly they have pretty much gotten the better of me and i'm looking at other routes at this point. Its pointless so i'm going somewhere that my money counts, my vote counts, and I can save up an arsenal to be reckoned with for WHEN there are major gun confiscations and they'll magically end up in a "boating accident"

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 8:43 PM
What do you expect. We live in a liberal state where garbage like this will eventually turn us all into felons. I know what to expect from them anymore, vote accordingly and slowly am planning on moving to a free state because I just cant handle the idiocy of it anymore. Its like fighting with a wall here. I want to say that I love my state enough to fight the good fight, but honestly they have pretty much gotten the better of me and i'm looking at other routes at this point. Its pointless so i'm going somewhere that my money counts, my vote counts, and I can save up an arsenal to be reckoned with for WHEN there are major gun confiscations and they'll magically end up in a "boating accident"

Fight it bro. Fight it with every fiber of your bean. Don't give in. F the Aholes. They are elected bu us. Hit em hard.

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 8:45 PM
Please don't quite on CA. It is the front.

KylaGWolf
10-02-2009, 9:01 PM

That's what i do anyway.

I will second that one. I would also write a letter back. Saying well considering the federal government already tried this little stunt and it backfired on them. Also might throw some good stats like states that have less gun control than CA actually have less crime.

dwtt
10-02-2009, 9:08 PM

That's what i do anyway.

I have done this for Alberto Torrico, the lowlife that represents Fremont, and it's useless. The state is gerrymandered and the Democrat politicians will just laugh at your letter since there's no way they will be voted out of office. That's the sad reality. That's also why we can make a bigger impact by supporting statewide candidates for offices such as the attorney general, treasurer, and governor.

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 9:30 PM
Maybe so, but I will still fight these Aholes.

andrewj
10-02-2009, 9:38 PM
That disgusts me

domokun
10-02-2009, 9:55 PM
look at the demographics of the Bay Area, and the number of voting people who moved here from countries with blanket gun bans and consider that to be normal.

Not just East Asians, but Eastern bloc countries, Africa, Indian subcontinent, etc.

This is VERY true. Even if those immigrants from such countries end up owning firearms in the US, they maybe already used to the idea that it's OK to give up the guns if the "greater good of society" will be "better" without them. It's already "normal" in their minds the possession of guns is not vital to a well functioning and orderly society with the exception being indivduals with special permitting and following other restrictive laws in place that basically ban general possession + ownership or restrict the use of firearms to a "hobby" that isn't a individual right. For the most part of their lives, the only folks they've known that have guns are the police, military, and criminals.

This is the mentality we have to fight for immigrants who come to the US. We really need to reach out to this demographic to get them to treat the rights provided to us via the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution with the importance and priority they give to having their kids attend top notch nationally ranked schools. Perhaps then at that point they'll step up and fight for their rights and prevent others from eroding and marginalizing them.

However, this is a generalization. As such, there are definitely many exceptions to the rule here and is not meant to be a fully accurate representation of the demographic indicated.

maxima
10-02-2009, 10:54 PM
look at the demographics of the Bay Area, and the number of voting people who moved here from countries with blanket gun bans and consider that to be normal.

Not just East Asians, but Eastern bloc countries, Africa, Indian subcontinent, etc.

As I know, a lot of new immigrants from gun ban countries wanted to buy guns and involved in shooting sports, but got treated badly in the local gun store/FFL because they were not citizen yet.

Hunt
10-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Responses like these tempt me to send a letter back with a photograph of my middle finger taped over what they sent to me.

thanks for the idea will do

not-fishing
10-03-2009, 3:27 AM
A little backround....My father's family came over from Scotland about 50 years before the Revolutionary War. My mothers's Irish family came over before the Civil War.

My wife's Cantonese family came over before Chairman Mao got into power. My son's Chinese Grandfather served in the US Army (with a M1 Garand) while his 20 year old pregnant (2nd child) wife was living in Iowa and didn't speak a word of English.

All of my wife's Chinese family who didn't immigrate to the US were "Re-educated" and haven't been found since. Many live in San Francisco and New York now.

It's the first generation born Immigrant Americans that are the problem. They drank the Kool-Aid from the 60's-on and have forgotten their History.

I'm always astonished at my San Francisco Jewish friends who lost family during WWII at German Concentration Camps and are Anti-Gunners.

The original Asian immigrants will always remember the past and vote conservatively. They had their fill of "Change" in the old country.

Mark

NRA life, Father of PFC Scott -1st Battalion, 7th Marines, Charley Company

arfan66
10-03-2009, 5:44 AM
A little backround....My father's family came over from Scotland about 50 years before the Revolutionary War. My mothers's Irish family came over before the Civil War.

My wife's Cantonese family came over before Chairman Mao got into power. My son's Chinese Grandfather served in the US Army (with a M1 Garand) while his 20 year old pregnant (2nd child) wife was living in Iowa and didn't speak a word of English.

All of my wife's Chinese family who didn't immigrate to the US were "Re-educated" and haven't been found since. Many live in San Francisco and New York now.

It's the first generation born Immigrant Americans that are the problem. They drank the Kool-Aid from the 60's-on and have forgotten their History.

I am a first generation American of Filipino descent born in the late '60's. However, I am a staunch Republican, an NRA/IDPA/local gun club member, Retired USAF (my Dad is retired USN & Grandfather was retired USA). We have not forgotten our history and cherish the freedoms we now enjoy. ;)

I'm always astonished at my San Francisco Jewish friends who lost family during WWII at German Concentration Camps and are Anti-Gunners.

The original Asian immigrants will always remember the past and vote conservatively. They had their fill of "Change" in the old country.

Mark

NRA life, Father of PFC Scott -1st Battalion, 7th Marines, Charley Company

I replied to Sen. Steinberg's email and all I got was a canned automated response :(.

KylaGWolf
10-03-2009, 4:10 PM
What amazes me is even if you raise a child to be OK around guns how fast that opinion can change. My daughter was OK with guns in the house until she went to high school. Then she became anti-gun, anti-military and voted for Obama. Now mind you that is now how I raised her but its sad she bought in to all the garbage she heard. I hope someday she will wake up from it but until then I just shake my head.

Scratch705
10-03-2009, 4:17 PM
it is b/c there is a lot of liberal mindset in public schools. plus most of the young media/culture is centered around being against "the man".

for me, i went the opposite. when i got into school, i become so fascinated with the history of war that i loved it. i would study all i can about war, weapons, strategy, etc. my mentality is that war is a good thing. without war, half the inventions we have today would not be available, or so soon. to quote "War is the mother of all inventions".

CalNRA
10-03-2009, 4:30 PM

That is true. What doesn't help is that the current wave of immigrants from Asia, the ones that came during hte high tech boom, are comfortable with complete gun bans because that's all they know.

It sounds like a lot of them in the Bay Area want a stronger government to protect them, instead of being able to protect themselves.

unfortunately that generation is dying, since they are nothing like the first generation immigrants we see today who were educated under communist regimes.