PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!! - 5 DAYS LEFT TO DEFEAT AB962 - FULL COURT PRESS

natasha69
10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
October 11th is not this Sunday, but next.

The Governor's office had to add another fax line to accomodate all the traffic. I want to see an article saying they had to do it again.

We have only one more working week before this bill becomes law ladies and gentleman. Set those fax machines to auto dial, do your 20 calls a day in opposition, write letters, tell 5 supportive friends to join the fight each day. We need the last week to be a crushing wave which tells the Governor he needs to close shop on this bill.

wildhawker
10-02-2009, 1:12 PM
WE. CAN. DO. THIS.

Come on, Calgunners! Grab or print some flyers and hand them out, hire a scribe and make your own, borrow a loudspeaker, make a sandwich sign, twirl a sign at an intersection - DO SOMETHING!

sd_shooter
10-02-2009, 1:21 PM
Just got through 5 times, the phones are not busy enough!
Keep up the heat! :chris:

kf6tac
10-02-2009, 1:21 PM
The Governor's office had to add another fax line to accomodate all the traffic. I want to see an article saying they had to do it again.

Good to know that we've been a nuisance, if nothing else (though hopefully we've been an informative nuisance). Here's hoping Arnie is listening and paying attention.

bomb_on_bus
10-02-2009, 4:58 PM
So is there any info on weather or not the Governator will veto it, sign it, or let it go unnoticed and become law?

I still haven't found anything online or otherwise that can at least let me know one way or the other.

natasha69
10-02-2009, 5:09 PM
So is there any info on weather or not the Governator will veto it, sign it, or let it go unnoticed and become law?

I still haven't found anything online or otherwise that can at least let me know one way or the other.

if he doesn't sign it by october 11th, then it becomes law. inaction = bad.

BigBamBoo
10-02-2009, 5:36 PM

Rem222
10-02-2009, 5:40 PM
Keep calling... I got through 5 times today and sent another letter as well.

odysseus
10-02-2009, 5:41 PM
I really hope that big powers are being pushed out of the political world to have Arnold's ear on the matter. I do hope that he is not just whistling through this on his own without the Repub party having his ear on the matter and taking court on this issue. I can only hope. The voice of the people are certainly not being addressed or heard on this. I shall continue to call and push my friends to do the same.

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 6:29 PM
Guys, I just called 5 minutes ago and got through every time. Not enough calls. Instead of reading this, pick up the phone for gods sake!!!

Ricewatcher
10-02-2009, 6:33 PM
Guys, I just called 5 minutes ago and got through every time. Not enough calls. Instead of reading this, pick up the phone for gods sake!!!

Are you sure it helps to call multiple times from the same phone? I called once from each phone I own but that is it!

I wonder why we don't have a pocket veto at the state level...

natasha69
10-02-2009, 6:55 PM
if you are concerned, turn your caller id off, but yes it helps to call.

better to get others to help. and get them to recruit others. 5 days to bring the rain down on our governor.

not sure if we can do this, but a post like this across other pro-2A websites across the nation might get some new recruits calling for us. remind them that what happens in CA doesn't stay in CA. we need your support to turn the tide over here.

make your calls. but more importantly, recruit at least 2 others a day to make those calls and recruit 2 more each.

if you call 10 times a day, that's 50 calls this week.
if you recruit 2 people each day to call 10 times a day, and those people recruit 2 people each day, that's 3630 calls over 5 days, and 32790 calls over 7 days.

make your calls...but recruit recruit recruit....imagine 33,000 faxes inbound to the governor's office!! LOL.

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 7:44 PM
if you are concerned, turn your caller id off, but yes it helps to call.

better to get others to help. and get them to recruit others. 5 days to bring the rain down on our governor.

not sure if we can do this, but a post like this across other pro-2A websites across the nation might get some new recruits calling for us. remind them that what happens in CA doesn't stay in CA. we need your support to turn the tide over here.

make your calls. but more importantly, recruit at least 2 others a day to make those calls and recruit 2 more each.

if you call 10 times a day, that's 50 calls this week.
if you recruit 2 people each day to call 10 times a day, and those people recruit 2 people each day, that's 3630 calls over 5 days, and 32790 calls over 7 days.

make your calls...but recruit recruit recruit....imagine 33,000 faxes inbound to the governor's office!! LOL.

33,ooo plus my 10!!!

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 7:44 PM
Get on it boys... NOW!!!!!!!!!

unusedusername
10-02-2009, 8:28 PM
I'm spending all day tomorrow pounding pavement to get flyers in the hands of as many people as I can....

Let's all spend our time handing out flyers instead of going to the range!

7222 Hawker
10-02-2009, 8:35 PM
I was at Imbert and Smithers the others day and didnt see a flier one. I know they have been hit up. Not supporting?

KylaGWolf
10-02-2009, 8:47 PM
I will keep calling and emailing and tweeting :) till I have to get on the airplane to go to my dads. Unfortunately my printer's power supply bit the dust so my making fliers is out of the question.

natasha69
10-05-2009, 8:31 AM
bump

obeygiant
10-05-2009, 9:56 AM
I was at Imbert and Smithers the others day and didnt see a flier one. I know they have been hit up. Not supporting?

you can always download the pdf and print some out if you'd like to drop some off. what area are you in?

Harley Quinn
10-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Many of the supporters are plain old business folks, gun owners or not, they realize it is good for, business and taxation.

That is what this country runs on, we are Capitalistic...Remember:confused:

Make money here in CA.

Many will just have to shop around and go to many locations, if that is what it takes to get ammo.

Heck some stores might even start selling ammo again, because it will bring in customers;)

I have done, what I can do, earlier and at this late date...

Regards

unusedusername
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM

I gave them a big stack last week... maybe they ran out?? :confused:

I'll bring them more today.

223andme
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Every day, multiple times.

Blackhawk556
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
I just tried calling, it was busy

that's good to hear :)

has anyone read if the antis are also calling or setting up auto dialers?????

natasha69
10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
they seem to be publishing the same editorial across multiple papers (nyt, sf chronicle, la).

but we have to assume they are doing something, esp the Brady folks. so keep it up guys.

stag1500
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Since Arnold doesn't have to face re-election next year, do you think he's going to veto this bill or just say, "F*ck it"?

Harley Quinn
10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Since Arnold doesn't have to face re-election next year, do you think he's going to veto this bill or just say, "F*ck it"?

As I have said before...Gov has a responsible relationship with the business community and he will go in that direction... Money into the state treasury...

End result is not banning ammo, just allowing more to have their fingers in the pie, in CA for profit. It would be nice if he did veto it, and allowed the next Gov. to face the fire, again...But:confused:

Regards

Esquire
10-05-2009, 12:54 PM

There is a Calgun thread that said the lobbyist/rep from Turners met with a governor's staff and was told the governor is likely to veto. I had high hopes after reading that, but days came and days went without a veto - now only this week left and that's it. So, I feel like the governor is leaning toward the "F*ck it" option. It's politically safe choice for him, in case he runs for U.S. Senate in the future.

natasha69
10-05-2009, 1:16 PM
There is a Calgun thread that said the lobbyist/rep from Turners met with a governor's staff and was told the governor is likely to veto. I had high hopes after reading that, but days came and days went without a veto - now only this week left and that's it. So, I feel like the governor is leaning toward the "F*ck it" option. It's politically safe choice for him, in case he runs for U.S. Senate in the future.

the interesting thing is that he hasn't signed or veto'ed most bills. see this article.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/181/story/1095944.html

this week should be interesting.

916Plinker
10-05-2009, 3:43 PM
made 20 copys of the pdf spread it out at work, got all of them to call and email. Some did it twice on the spot. Lines are busy by the way.

devildog999
10-05-2009, 4:09 PM
Every time I call, I get a busy signal

USAFTS
10-05-2009, 6:00 PM
Every time I call, I get a busy signal

I hope that it is because we are all calling and not because they have the phone off the hook to avoid the calls.

I have made the calls and I sent another letter to the Governor last night. All we can do is hope that he decides to actually represent "the people" and not the agenda.

rxdealer71
10-05-2009, 6:10 PM
Does anyone have a lead on the statistics of support and oppose info from our calls, letters, etc. Cant imagine it's just sitting there on his desk and he hasn't seen it. He's not running for re-election, interested in money or political capital, or is he? I dunno, but if "it's not a tumor", it sure is affecting his decision making abilities! :mad:

packnrat
10-05-2009, 6:16 PM
Every body says they can get through.
Always busy when I try.
But will try again, and again, and again.