PDA

View Full Version : Placerville shooting???

SAMoody
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Can anyone recomend a clean,legal and safe place to do some plinking in Placerville? Thanks

SAMoody
10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Feel free to PM me. Thanks

Rodical
10-02-2009, 1:42 PM
Used to have lots of open space to shoot 20 yrs back, but would not recomend any now. Go up to Iron Mountain Rd. on the back side of Jenkins lake Sly Park. Drive up to any of the turn offs, past the information board. There are many. Used to log up that way 30 yrs ago, so just drive down the small roads. You won't get lost.

afro
10-17-2009, 6:10 PM
So what's the deal on the BLM land up there now? Crowded? Small?

Harley Quinn
10-17-2009, 10:58 PM
You could always get in touch with the El Dorado Rod & Gun Club.

Regards

Uriah02
10-17-2009, 11:08 PM
depending on how far you are willing to drive, not far from Lincoln is Dillman range. I'd recommend checking out the Lincoln Rifle Club.

Crust
10-18-2009, 9:50 PM
Go up to Iron Mountain Rd. on the back side of Jenkins lake Sly Park. Drive up to any of the turn offs, past the information board.

Road sign says Mormon Emigrant Trail, east off of Sly Park Rd. Turn at the second right just (50 feet or so) after the info sign. You will see the spots used for shooting. There are lots. Please clean up what you can. Was cleaned not long ago and looks like :cuss: already.

afro
10-18-2009, 10:11 PM
That a bit far for me, I'm coming from El Dorado Hills. Google maps says an hour and a half... no one knows about those BLM spots?

Harley Quinn
10-19-2009, 7:36 AM
That a bit far for me, I'm coming from El Dorado Hills. Google maps says an hour and a half... no one knows about those BLM spots?

Eldorado Gun Club has quite a few members. Find some, they might know of variable locations...

The one in "Ione" is closer to you though... 6 of one, half a dozen...As they say:)

Daddy4zack
10-19-2009, 7:47 AM

I am in EDH also.. i always have to go to sly park or past kyberz. I wish i knew a closer place.

mike22ca
10-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I love the El Dorado Gun Club range up by union mine. Awesome lil gem.

Harley Quinn
10-24-2009, 9:44 AM
I love the El Dorado Gun Club range up by union mine. Awesome lil gem.

It has become a nice spot, I recall in the 80's when we were working on it, red tape etc...Thanks to Ozzie, Arnold, Bill and others, for it... Was a dump:D

Regards

Crust
10-26-2009, 6:45 PM

Google maps is on glue! An hour at most.