PDA

View Full Version : 375 Ruger

GunLover
10-01-2009, 1:01 PM
I just bought a ruger Alaskan in 357 ruger. It has great ratings and I got a pretty good deal that i could not pass up. Has anyone shot one of these rifles before?. It felt comfortable and was a very quick pointer. Ammo is 65 dollars per 20. I just ordered the dies for my reloading bench. I will reload after firing a couple of boxes of factory stuff. I am going to put a low powered scope with quick detach rings on it since it has open sights also.

tube_ee
10-01-2009, 1:45 PM
I just bought a ruger Alaskan in 357 ruger. It has great ratings and I got a pretty good deal that i could not pass up. Has anyone shot one of these rifles before?. It felt comfortable and was a very quick pointer. Ammo is 65 dollars per 20. I just ordered the dies for my reloading bench. I will reload after firing a couple of boxes of factory stuff. I am going to put a low powered scope with quick detach rings on it since it has open sights also.

Designed to be a ballistic twin to the .375 H&H, but will fit in a standard (.30-06) length action.

Factory velocities have been reportedly unmatchable with handloads, due to non-canister powders being used in the factory ammo... but you should be able to get close.

It's going to be more expensive to feed, and harder to find ammo for, than a .375 H&H, but if you're handloading, that's not as much of an issue.

Recoil should be... ummm... noticeable.

Match your scope to the ballistics... the .375s (Ruger and H&H) are about as flat-shooting as big-bore rifles get. There's probably more range in there than you think.

Start saving for Africa.

You've got the rifle... you're gonna want to go.

--Shannon