PDA

View Full Version : Ammo from Sportsmansguide?

CaliJeff
10-01-2009, 8:46 AM

Darklyte27
10-01-2009, 9:02 AM
anti CA no thanks.

rp55
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
If they have it you should jump on it. Their best club price is $85.47 for $200. I have had zero problems with SG but you absolutely have to be home to sign for it when it comes. They are not anti CA. CA gun laws are so screwed up and with the anything goes long arm statute they are just cya. I used to have an FFL in different state 27 years ago and if I still did I'd do the same thing.

GMG
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I had SG ship 1000 rds of belted 7.62 to where I work.:eek:

1snotrocket
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
There web site tells you were they can ship in california.I have ordered over 15 thousand rounds of ammo from them with no problems.If you can.Have it shipped to your work address so there is some one to sign for it.

Scratch705
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM
have a neighbor you trust and stay home all day? have it sent to their house.

i have done that a few times (none gun related though)

E-120
10-01-2009, 2:58 PM
I find that they are dishonest to buy from. Purchased 1000 rounds of 7.62 by 39 for 216 earlier in the year. Showed in stock on web. A few day later I get a letter that says out of stock will ship when in. A month later I get a letter that my order was dropped, but now its in stock for 320. Called customer support to try to have them honor original purchase and was told it was void.

Nate74
10-01-2009, 3:34 PM
I find that they are dishonest to buy from. Purchased 1000 rounds of 7.62 by 39 for 216 earlier in the year. Showed in stock on web. A few day later I get a letter that says out of stock will ship when in. A month later I get a letter that my order was dropped, but now its in stock for 320. Called customer support to try to have them honor original purchase and was told it was void.

Yeah, that sucks. But honestly with what's been going on with ammo prices, a company could put itself out of business by trying to honor pricing that is more than a month or two old. There for a while it was changing (higher) so quickly it was hard for vendors to keep up. I think now that things have sort of stablized, you won't see as much of this sort of thing.

rp55
10-01-2009, 5:19 PM
I don't have a work address right now. If no one is home will it go back to the ups depot for me to pick it up? Is there anything that will notify ups or the receiver what is in the box?

You will get a prerecorded call the day before letting you know it is coming (I got one today) and you can call them beforehand and arrange to pick it up. The box is marked ORM-D so the driver should know what it is. ORM-D = Other Regulated Material Class D = small arms ammunition.

coq
10-01-2009, 6:05 PM
anti CA no thanks.

I know your frustration, as I just got done giving them a bunch of crap for refusing to send me a AR barrel wrench. But...their prices are good, they don't gouge, and you can order ammo, nicknacks, lawn ornaments, barbecues and bed sheets all at the same time.