PDA

View Full Version : "FEELGOOD" PRO-PRKA GUNBROKER EXPERIENCE!!!

supersonic
10-01-2009, 8:11 AM
I just had a very good experience with an out-of-state vendor regarding some reloading components. In his auction, he had some steel core bullets for sale, and at the end of the description, it said "Do not bid if you live in a state where such items are illegal: CA, NY,.........." I promptly sent the guy a message informing him that his information regarding CA was inaccurate. NOW: usually I will get a response very similar to "I don't care" "You're wrong" "Until you gunnies vote the liberals out etc..etc....." ...and on and on........... SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!! This morning I had the distinct pleasure of opening this email:

Dear Scott-

I WILL SHIP to California. Thanks for pushing me to do more research.

Apparently, only API and Tracers are illegal in Kali.

Take care,

-David
Edgewood, NM

It;s nice to be reminded once in a while that we do have more people on our side out there than we know. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.:thumbsup:

MP301
10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I sure do like it when these guys just honestly dont want to break the law as opposed to getting on the anti-Ca bandwagon because they are lazy and/or ignorant. $+1 for this seller!

supersonic
10-01-2009, 4:45 PM
I sure do like it when these guys just honestly dont want to break the law as opposed to getting on the anti-Ca bandwagon because they are lazy and/or ignorant. $+1 for this seller!

Exactly.:cool:

Blackhawk556
10-01-2009, 4:48 PM
wow this is new

wildhawker
10-01-2009, 4:56 PM
Nice story, glad to see someone willing to do their homework.

Is there anyone else who sees a bit of irony in that we want respect from other states but we residents continue to reinforce the negative terms of "kalifornia", "prk" and their variants?

supersonic
10-01-2009, 7:20 PM
Nice story, glad to see someone willing to do their homework.

Thank you. I thought so, too.:D

Is there anyone else who sees a bit of irony in that we want respect from other states but we residents continue to reinforce the negative terms of "kalifornia", "prk" and their variants?

Nope. This is purely a thread about a positive experience. No one said anything about 'wanting respect' from other states. Someone got it right, finally, is all. Let's not drag it into the mud just for the sake of doing it, O.K.?? 'PRK' and 'Kalifornia' are not 'negative.' They are merely commentary on the oppressive 2ndA climate in our state.;)......

dantodd
10-01-2009, 7:24 PM
Might as well out him, I'm sure there are some folks here who reload and might be willing to throw some bids his way.

supersonic
10-01-2009, 7:27 PM
Might as well out him, I'm sure there are some folks here who reload and might be willing to throw some bids his way.

I'll ask for his permission to post his name. When he returns my email, I'll post it (assuming he says yes).

supersonic
10-01-2009, 7:38 PM
I sent him an email and also included a link to this thread in case he wants to come on & chat with us.:D

ke6guj
10-01-2009, 7:41 PM
good for you.

I saw Dave ask for help about this on the FCSA member forum last night and get the info he needed from some CA guys.

wildhawker
10-01-2009, 7:56 PM

Understood wrt the positive experience at GB, which is a very good sign. I was commenting on 'PRK' and 'Kalifornia', which have an intentionally negative connotation and don't do much to further the image of California/ns.

KylaGWolf
10-01-2009, 8:05 PM
Good for the dealer hopefully it means that there are some that are not scared of digging in to the law books and finding out what is and is not legal. Hopefully he won't have a problem of having his name put out here and it sends more business his way.

supersonic
10-01-2009, 9:28 PM
Yeah, it was Dave! And he did check @ FCSA & ARF.COM. His GB handle is:nmmi9100.

B Strong
10-02-2009, 6:27 AM
I just had a very good experience with an out-of-state vendor regarding some reloading components. In his auction, he had some steel core bullets for sale, and at the end of the description, it said "Do not bid if you live in a state where such items are illegal: CA, NY,.........." I promptly sent the guy a message informing him that his information regarding CA was inaccurate. NOW: usually I will get a response very similar to "I don't care" "You're wrong" "Until you gunnies vote the liberals out etc..etc....." ...and on and on........... SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!! This morning I had the distinct pleasure of opening this email:

Dear Scott-

I WILL SHIP to California. Thanks for pushing me to do more research.

Apparently, only API and Tracers are illegal in Kali.

Take care,

-David
Edgewood, NM

It;s nice to be reminded once in a while that we do have more people on our side out there than we know. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.:thumbsup:

Good Job! I don't have too much faith in successfully educating those GB sellers with the anti-California rants, but you did it!