PDA

View Full Version : What Biblical Verse on your Trijicon Acog?

skip
10-01-2009, 7:54 AM
I like this one: at minute 3:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTRkmwDP-c&feature=fvw

AndrewMendez
10-01-2009, 8:00 AM
If i could afford one, I would tell you.

TMC
10-01-2009, 8:11 AM
My TA-11 has MT5:16

Matthew 5:16

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"

brando
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah, Trijicon, BladeTech, even In-n-Out Burger feel like they have to surreptitiously evangelize. No doubt there would be people with their panties in a bunch if it was Darwin Evolve fish logos instead of Jesus fish ;)

Stringer
10-03-2009, 9:07 AM
"For those of you that aren't Christians...well, whatever...get over it"

:rolleyes:

If Trijicon's optics were as good as In-N-Out's burgers, then all would be forgiven.

bohoki
10-03-2009, 9:54 AM
lev 26:7

boy leviticus is strict we all goin to hell

kombat_unit
10-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, Trijicon, BladeTech, even In-n-Out Burger feel like they have to surreptitiously evangelize. No doubt there would be people with their panties in a bunch if it was Darwin Evolve fish logos instead of Jesus fish ;)

The screams of "oppresion" and boycot would be loud indeed!

Not that bright
10-03-2009, 6:12 PM
john 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

bombadillo
10-03-2009, 6:21 PM
Eh, if you don't like it, don't buy the products.

sevensix2x51
10-03-2009, 7:12 PM

that was the best quote ive heard in quite a while, and i am by no means a bible-thumper...

POLICESTATE
10-03-2009, 7:21 PM

Too bad that isn't in the Bible LOL

Suvorov
10-03-2009, 7:46 PM
I'll have to see what is "written" on my Tri-Power when I get back to the PRK.

hamster
12-24-2009, 1:40 AM
john 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

I got the same.

Cokebottle
12-24-2009, 2:03 AM
I had a "thumper" making the rounds at the tables pointing out the Biblical references on In-n-Out packaging go ballistic and storm out of the place yelling that all of the employees were going to hell for being Mormons when I showed him that I knew about the reference to Nahum on the bag for my burger.

That cat knew his Bible pretty well ehh :D

If you're going to thump your Bible, at least know your minor prophets.
And for the record... I thought the same thing for a long time (I was never heavy on the OT, particularly the prophecies), which was how I knew to point it out and see if I'd stump him with it :p

seth12
12-24-2009, 5:58 AM

theres a difference there. the darwin fish is taking an existing religious symbol and desecrating it. it would be like taking a star of david or a sikh symbol and slightly changing it to mean something offensive... a blasphemous symbol such as the darwin fish would not be taken lightly if it were directed and any other religion than christianity.

cal3gunner
12-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I never knew anything about there being biblical vs on Trijicon products.

I just looked at my Accupoint and it has John 12:46 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

My RMR has 2nd Peter 1:19 "And in the written word of prophecy we have something more permanent; to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dimly-lighted place until day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts."

Interesting, very interesting

Mac Attack
12-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Heck, I didn't know either. Do all of their proucts have verses and where are they located. Pretty cool if you ask me but I doubt I will ever own one due to the high price to play.

RaymondMillbrae
12-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Cool!

In Christ: Raymond

MrSlippyFist
12-25-2009, 12:01 PM

HA!

+1

Mesa Defense
12-31-2009, 9:34 PM

_+1

NSR500
12-31-2009, 9:38 PM
Cool!

I already support In & Out and use Bladetech holsters. All I need now is optics from Trijicon.

Mesa Defense
12-31-2009, 9:46 PM
Never new that...cool though, thats for sure.

Bigballaizm
12-31-2009, 9:51 PM
I didnt know that either! Maybe when I can afford one I'll check it out...:D

oni
12-31-2009, 9:51 PM
Im Agnostic so I don't really care one way or the other.

However on my Accupoint 3-9x40 it is Revelation 21:24

Notorious
12-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Wait... Blade-Tech has verses on it too? I need to check my IWB holster.

As for ACOGs... wish I had known that before I bought my EOTech 517. I would so buy an ACOG just for that.

Personally, I would love to have something out of Revelations... seems appropriate on a scope made to bring evildoers to meet their just rewards in damnation.

yellowfin
01-01-2010, 4:42 PM
Anyone get Ezekiel 25:17?

doughboy334
01-03-2010, 1:17 AM
Ezekiel 25:17
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Not really hardcore Christian but would be cool to have this on mine (when I do save up for one) just bc of Pulp Fiction

Giovani X
01-03-2010, 2:04 AM
Notice that all the versus used mention light... it's in reference to the tritium. I'm a Jew and could care less what they print. I eat at in and out and I will shoot ACOG's because they work... well!

SikDMAX
01-03-2010, 7:44 AM
Yup all have refernce to some sort of light... Awesome!!

Is it just the verse name number or does it write the whole thing out? Is this on the packaging or the ACOG itself?

6172crew
01-03-2010, 6:54 PM

Same here.

bigmike82
01-03-2010, 7:31 PM
"john 8:12"
Mine too. TA31-FG

Loner
01-03-2010, 9:22 PM
Got that one on my TA31F.

joe_sun
01-03-2010, 9:37 PM
Not really hardcore Christian but would be cool to have this on mine (when I do save up for one) just bc of Pulp Fiction

The true Ezekiel 25:17 is as follows

Ezekiel 25:17 (King James Version)

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

killshot44
01-04-2010, 9:21 AM
Just strange.

brando
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
No kidding, though the irony being I'm sure if tactical gear was made in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia we'd be seeing similar quote from the Koran...

Gryff
01-04-2010, 3:00 PM
If Trijicon's optics were as good as In-N-Out's burgers, then all would be forgiven.

They're like the Domino's Pizza of the burger world, and people worship them. Our society is definitely doomed.

n2k
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Looks like they found them in Afghanistan & Iraq:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

Stringer
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the link!

KaTooM
01-18-2010, 11:33 AM
JN8:12 on mine.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

MasterYong
01-18-2010, 2:41 PM
I just searched and found this thread when I realized folks were freaking out on FARK about this whole thing.

I wouldn't see why it's an issue EXCEPT I could see how things may look being that we are in the middle east right now and back in the day there were those pesky little crusades...

:D:43::D

doughboy334
01-18-2010, 3:02 PM
time to bust out the white out!

unamused
01-19-2010, 6:57 AM
I love how people get all up in arms about something like this... if the company wants to do that, that is their call. In-n-out has always done it yet no one really cares.

I would love to own an acog and hope that one day i will be able to afford one.... how cool would it be if you could choose your own verse! haha

Swatguy10_15
01-19-2010, 8:39 AM
Mine says....JN8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Suvorov
01-19-2010, 9:02 AM
This has finally hit discussion on one of the tactical forums. The thing is that there is a non-evangelical explanation for this as well. Trijicon is a company that pioneered low light gun sights. All the of the biblical versus they place on their products make reference to the "darkness" and how they shall prevail though the "darkness." This really is in line with their products as well as any religious views they might have. If you are a Christian, perhaps the verse will comfort you. If you are an agnostic or atheist, then look at it as no more than a quote from a historic book on turning darkness into light.

mikengracie
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
My take on this is like the rest of things in life. If you don't like the music or what on TV turn it off or change the channel. You don't like the polititcians and policies then vote. If you don't vote don't complain. If it bothers you don't buy the product. I for one try not to buy anything manufactured in China. You know how hard that is these days but it is doable. But I don't think I would buy the sights if they quoted anything from the Quran. But its might right and I would not try to impose by will my beliefs on others. Now discussions about differences is another story,

audihenry
01-19-2010, 11:27 AM
My take on this is like the rest of things in life. If you don't like the music or what on TV turn it off or change the channel. You don't like the polititcians and policies then vote. If you don't vote don't complain. If it bothers you don't buy the product. I for one try not to buy anything manufactured in China. You know how hard that is these days but it is doable. But I don't think I would buy the sights if they quoted anything from the Quran. But its might right and I would not try to impose by will my beliefs on others. Now discussions about differences is another story,

This isn't about you, it's about the military being issued these WITH PUBLIC MONEY under EXPLICIT ORDERS to not do so. If Muslims came to your country with verses from the Koran in order to help out/invade/etc. your struggling country, believe me you'd feel different about the issue.

Suvorov
01-19-2010, 11:51 AM
This isn't about you, it's about the military being issued these WITH PUBLIC MONEY under EXPLICIT ORDERS to not do so. If Muslims came to your country with verses from the Koran in order to help out/invade/etc. your struggling country, believe me you'd feel different about the issue.

I see airplanes every day at work that have passages from the Koran on them. Their flights take passengers from my struggling airline and thus it hurts me. Still, it is their airplane and they can paint it how they want.

Would you be so offended if the scopes had passages from The Hobbit or for those who would object to the Christian undertones of Tolkien's words, Harry Potter? How about a passage from Musashi about killing your enemy? Why do words from the bible, which to anti-theists is nothing more than a book of words written by people, illicit so much anger?

SKSer
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Seriously Political correctness has got outta hand. F*** Political correctness, if you dont like Trijicon's ties to Christianity, then take off the sight (mail it to me) and use BUIS, or some of the inferior sights (like I just bought). Its their company, they can do what they want. If the Afghans and Iraqis dont like using our superior weapons and phenomenal sights, then they can go back to AK's and Irons.

audihenry
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I see airplanes every day at work that have passages from the Koran on them. Their flights take passengers from my struggling airline and thus it hurts me. Still, it is there airplane and they can paint it how they want.

Would you be so offended if the scopes had passages from The Hobbit or for those who would object to the Christian undertones of Tolkien's words, Harry Potter? How about a passage from Musashi about killing your enemy? Why do words from the bible, which to anti-theists is nothing more than a book of words written by people, illicit so much anger?

You're not understanding the issue here: the airplane that you're referring to is not funded by U.S. taxpayers and is not engaged in a war against explicit orders to not use such passages. If you don't see the distinction, there's really no point in explaining any further.

H2H
01-19-2010, 12:39 PM
first page on yahoo.com this morning...not cool..

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/secret-jesus-bible-codes-on-u-s-military-weapons-17700769

SKSer
01-19-2010, 12:51 PM
You're not understanding the issue here: the airplane that you're referring to is not funded by U.S. taxpayers and is not engaged in a war against explicit orders to not use such passages. If you don't see the distinction, there's really no point in explaining any further.

ok so lets take away all the ACOG's from our soldiers,give them an inferior sight, in turn putting their lives in danger, all so some chump somewhere doesnt get offended. Just like the FT Hood massacre. Soldiers lives on the line because people dont want to hurt other peoples feeling and spend the day in a sesitivity class.

zum
01-19-2010, 1:16 PM
first page on yahoo.com this morning...not cool..

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/secret-jesus-bible-codes-on-u-s-military-weapons-17700769

GREAT! more danger to our troops via ACOG :(

THANKS trijicon for the free al qaeda propaganda

SmokinMr2
01-19-2010, 1:20 PM

Your not getting in a huff about that whole "separation of church and state" myth are you?

a1c
01-19-2010, 1:21 PM
ok so lets take away all the ACOG's from our soldiers,give them an inferior sight, in turn putting their lives in danger, all so some chump somewhere doesnt get offended. Just like the FT Hood massacre. Soldiers lives on the line because people dont want to hurt other peoples feeling and spend the day in a sesitivity class.

You're completely ignoring the point he is making and now you are turning the whole discussion into another "us vs. them" simplistic debate. The alternative - and the right thing - is not to give our soldiers inferior sights. It's to give them the same sights, minus what is an obvious Biblical reference.

Sure, you can dismiss the thing as no big deal. But then you are dismissing two important things: first that the sights were commissioned and paid for with US taxpayers money (not everybody in this country feels the government should support a religious message - I support freedom of religion, but it should be a personal agenda, not a government mission), and then that those sights are going to be used - at least right now - in predominantly Muslim countries.

How do you think this kind of thing is seen over there? This great material for the radical imams who will see it as yet more evidence the US is leading a religious crusade over there. It's bad politics, bad diplomacy, and in the end it infuriates and motivates the enemies our troops are fighting.

SmokinMr2
01-19-2010, 1:25 PM
OMG the Gubment is buying Kosher food as well!!!!

What on earth should we do?... :rolleyes:

http://www.jewishatlanta.org/page.aspx?id=62609

For the first time, the U.S. Department of Defense is buying complete kosher-for-Passover meals for Jewish military personnel, allowing hundreds of them to celebrate the Festival of Freedom even while in combat areas.

brando
01-19-2010, 3:01 PM
Your not getting in a huff about that whole "separation of church and state" myth are you?

That's right - it's a myth - the Constitution provides special status for Christians in America.....whatever.

Cokebottle
01-19-2010, 3:41 PM
That's right - it's a myth - the Constitution provides special status for Christians in America.....whatever.
No, it doesn't.

It guarantees freedom from a government established religion IE: Church of England, to which all citizens are forced to belong.

Freedom of religion does not equal freedom from exposure to religion.

brando
01-19-2010, 3:49 PM
In other words, no religion can officially be endorsed by the government - they are all equal. As soon as one is endorsed by the government at the exclusion of others, you have an Establishment Clause problem. My sarcasm was pointing out the commonly held belief among many Christians in America that in fact their religion is more important than the others and deserves special status. We have the right to follow whichever religion we choose and the authority of the government will not favor one over the other - which is brilliant when you think about it. Religion is such a purely subjective idea, not unlike art, so to treat them equally is the only reasonable approach. Can you imagine if the government said "Art Deco is the only officially approved style of architecture"? ;)

SKSer
01-19-2010, 3:50 PM
You're completely ignoring the point he is making and now you are turning the whole discussion into another "us vs. them" simplistic debate. The alternative - and the right thing - is not to give our soldiers inferior sights. It's to give them the same sights, minus what is an obvious Biblical reference.

Sure, you can dismiss the thing as no big deal. But then you are dismissing two important things: first that the sights were commissioned and paid for with US taxpayers money (not everybody in this country feels the government should support a religious message - I support freedom of religion, but it should be a personal agenda, not a government mission), and then that those sights are going to be used - at least right now - in predominantly Muslim countries.

How do you think this kind of thing is seen over there? This great material for the radical imams who will see it as yet more evidence the US is leading a religious crusade over there. It's bad politics, bad diplomacy, and in the end it infuriates and motivates the enemies our troops are fighting.

Its not the government that is condoning this. it is part of the sight and part of the company that makes the sight, so you could also argue the point of the government trying to interfere with Trijicons buisiness. Do you seriously think that a muslim figured this out? Quit repeating the media's reason to make a story out of this. I bet you it was another do-nothing weiner that overheard about it, made a big deal about it, just because they have nothing better to do. The point is Trijicon can do whatever the he** they want with their sights, they shouldnt have to change a da** thing. The government needs to quit thinking about stupid political correctness and ask themselves "do these sights save american lives, and help us complete our objective?" answer yes, end of story.

Seriously, if the shoe was on the other foot, and there was a superior sight that was made by a muslim company with a verse from the qur'an, I would not care. Of course you would probably have some Christian radicals that would be screaming about that. But that company should also be allowed to put whatever they want on their product.

Have you heard a single instance of violence or anger from muslims over this, no, not untill the media heard about this and exaggerated that aspect of the story.

odysseus
01-19-2010, 3:53 PM
Someone explain to me how the government buying scopes from Trijicon, which Trijicon, an independent private company that uses a SN scheme on some products that translate to Bible veruses, is somehow violating tenets regarding separation of Church and State?

That is reaching.

Suvorov
01-19-2010, 3:55 PM
The Islamic radicals who are fighting against us views this as a Crusade/Jihad whether or not our troops have gun sights with Biblical verses on them or not. Honestly, your average Hajji is far more offended by the crap that Hollywood spews forth than they are a verse from the Christian Bible. Anyone who thinks that the ACOGs with verses on them are going to infuriate Hajji any more than he is right now is smoking dope and I would venture most (not all) are against the war effort in its entirety. To them it may matter but to Hajji or the troop on the ground with the rifle (most, for the most part is still at least at some level Christians), it isn't going to make a difference.

The First Amendment prohibits the Federal Government from establishing a State Religion, it does NOT say that religion can not be expressed by government workers, in fact it guarantees them that right. What is next, ban the little pocket bibles that the Military gives out to its soldiers? Disband the Chaplains Corps?

Once again, the passages the Trijicon uses all have to do with being delivered from darkness unto the light. These verses have as much to do with the product as as they do with any religious views the producers may or may not have and given the much greater context of the GWOT, much ado about nothing.

Cokebottle
01-19-2010, 3:57 PM
Someone explain to me how the government buying scopes from Trijicon, which Trijicon, an independent private company that uses a SN scheme on some products that translate to Bible veruses, is somehow violating tenets regarding separation of Church and State?

That is reaching.
That's the point... it doesn't.

It would be if the government contract specifications required the scripture references.

Aren't Bibles available in the PX?

brando
01-19-2010, 3:58 PM
It's not about political correctness - it's about them making their sights to milspec and I doubt milspec included surreptitious biblical references. I agree that's it's being blown out of proportion, but for a mil contract it's inappropriate to do stuff like that.

Seesm
01-19-2010, 4:03 PM
I think it is cool they put this on to them... We have lost christ is so many ways... So maybe a way to come back... ONE ACOG at a time... if anyone is sad there's has a biblical verse I will take it sight unseen if it works... Heck I may even pay you for it. :)

brando
01-19-2010, 4:05 PM
My favorite part of this entire story is the irony of "Thou Shall Not Kill"

word2smoth
01-19-2010, 4:20 PM
My favorite part of this entire story is the irony of "Thou Shall Not Kill"

If you are referring to one of the 10 commandments, it is better translated as "Thou shalt not murder". The original Hebrew, Greek and the context of the surrounding verses support this.

brando
01-19-2010, 4:23 PM
Interpretation is such a pain, isn't it?

word2smoth
01-19-2010, 4:29 PM
Not really, it's clear to me.

brando
01-19-2010, 4:35 PM
And many others, but I guarantee you'll all have a different interpretation. That's the crux of the entire issue with jihad. If murder is "killing the innocent" then how do you define "innocent"? Many will have wildly different views on that very subject.

This is exactly how extremists can cherry pick bits from their Bronze Age mythology and interpret them in the most narrow terms as justification for violence.

The cycle continues - big surprise.

Double_D
01-19-2010, 5:18 PM
Wow I didn't even know about this until I just saw a news video

sean2
01-19-2010, 6:13 PM
my ta55a has mt 5:16.....and its weird how its a 50mm and 5.5 X magnification ..but the acog body says acog 3.5x35MT516 hmmmm..im sure they just used the body of the 3.5 for it

IDZignIt
01-19-2010, 6:43 PM
And many others, but I guarantee you'll all have a different interpretation. That's the crux of the entire issue with jihad. If murder is "killing the innocent" then how do you define "innocent"? Many will have wildly different views on that very subject.

This is exactly how extremists can cherry pick bits from their Bronze Age mythology and interpret them in the most narrow terms as justification for violence.

The cycle continues - big surprise.

The only interpretation is the correct interpretation. Grammatically & Historically what the author intended.

~CP Hendsbee

mikengracie
01-19-2010, 7:03 PM

Nope if they came to my invade my I would use their sites to take em out pure and simple. I wouldn't care whats on the site as long as they worked. In fact it would make me proud to take em out with their own equipment.

RaymondMillbrae
01-19-2010, 7:25 PM
Funny how everyone talks about the "Evil Jesus Stuff" on the AGOG's...but say nothing about the "IN GOD WE TRUST" in all the monies they are drooling over.

Do you think the "In God We Trust" the founding fathers spoke about was not speaking of our Lord Christ? (Look at your paper money and coins).

It's all politics.

Majoring on the minors, and minoring on the majors.

Politics at their best.

In Christ: Raymond

Notorious
01-19-2010, 7:41 PM
I'm saving up for an ACOG just to support their company. Too bad I didn't know about this until after I bought my EOTech 517.

Any company that is willing to stand up for their principles and adhere to good Christian principles gets my business. That is my right as a God fearing American Christian.

brando
01-19-2010, 7:52 PM
Do you think the "In God We Trust" the founding fathers spoke about was not speaking of our Lord Christ? (Look at your paper money and coins).

If it said "In Christ We Trust" you'd have a point. "God" is a generic term and for a secular government with religious freedom it makes sense to use that term. But then again, the "In God We Trust" part wasn't included until the Red Scare in the early 50s, so it has zero to do with the Founding Fathers.

Mstnpete
01-19-2010, 8:27 PM
My Ta31DOC States :

JN8:12

" Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light Of the World:
he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light Of Light."

MAX100
01-19-2010, 9:11 PM
God & Guns and combining the two with religious beliefs just freaks me out. I don't want any part of it.

GC

Mstnpete
01-19-2010, 9:33 PM
It does not bother me a bit.

" IN GOD WE TRUST "

Notorious
01-19-2010, 9:46 PM
God & Guns and combining the two with religious beliefs just freaks me out. I don't want any part of it.

GC

Better close your eyes, then...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DHdatQq6K0Y/SnElvPCjyOI/AAAAAAAADWQ/_Pnq52Vf6t0/s400/wwjs-batch1.jpg

Suvorov
01-19-2010, 10:05 PM
My Ta31DOC States :

JN8:12

" Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light Of the World:
he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light Of Light."

And there you go. The company that pioneered the combat night sight is saying: trust your rifle sight in the darkness and you will be able to shoot as if it were light.

If you are a Christian, then take comfort in it. If you are an anti-theist, then take it as mythological words written some guys 2000 years ago.

I still don't understand why the anti-theists get so upset about phrases that in their minds are nothing more than words written in an old book. Is naming a class of guided missile cruisers "Aegis" a violation of the 1st Amendment because it was the shield of Zeus? Is in doing so, the government somehow establishing Zeus as the supreme being?

lairdb
01-19-2010, 10:23 PM
[...]Do you think the "In God We Trust" the founding fathers spoke about was not speaking of our Lord Christ? (Look at your paper money and coins).[...]

"In God We Trust" was not a sentiment of the founding fathers. It did not become the national motto until 1956(1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust)), and did not appear on currency until 1864(2 (http://www.treas.gov/education/fact-sheets/currency/in-god-we-trust.shtml)). Yes, some of us find it even more offensive on Treasury notes than on privately made riflescopes.

Cokebottle
01-19-2010, 10:26 PM
"In God We Trust" was not a sentiment of the founding fathers. It did not become the national motto until 1956(1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust)), and did not appear on currency until 1864(2 (http://www.treas.gov/education/fact-sheets/currency/in-god-we-trust.shtml)). Yes, some of us find it even more offensive on Treasury notes than on privately made riflescopes.
There is Biblical precedent for finding a reference to "God" on currency offensive ;)

Ever watch the movie "They Live"?
Wearing special lenses to block a mind-altering satellite transmission, currency was simply a white piece of paper with bold lettering "THIS IS YOUR GOD"

Notorious
01-20-2010, 12:21 AM
And there you go. The company that pioneered the combat night sight is saying: trust your rifle sight in the darkness and you will be able to shoot as if it were light.

If you are a Christian, then take comfort in it. If you are an anti-theist, then take it as mythological words written some guys 2000 years ago.

I still don't understand why the anti-theists get so upset about phrases that in their minds are nothing more than words written in an old book. Is naming a class of guided missile cruisers "Aegis" a violation of the 1st Amendment because it was the shield of Zeus? Is in doing so, the government somehow establishing Zeus as the supreme being?

Wow... we would have to make sure no government funds go toward the entire Mercury line of cars for saying they are like the Greek God that runs fast with his winged shoes. Also, no more Mars candy (Roman God of War), Avatar the movie (reference to Hindu manifestions of Vishnu), Saturn cars (Roman God), Saturn rockets, Apollo missions to the moon (Greek God of the Sun)... sure there's more but it's late and I digress.

I'm so glad all my latest pistol acquisitions were ordered with factory Trijicon night sights... my G34, 92FSS, G26, and my G21 that was traded away.

bubbapug1
01-20-2010, 12:47 AM
We are all going to die in a holy war for things no one can prove besides hearsay....like einstein said.....

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

4thSeal
01-20-2010, 1:16 AM
WWJD?

He would buck down Hadji with his ACOG ...

SKSer
01-20-2010, 1:55 PM

Great point

Notorious
01-20-2010, 7:46 PM
Team America, **** YEAH!

bubbapug1
01-21-2010, 10:18 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/ap_on_re_as/as_new_zealand_weapon_sights

RWxtremist
01-21-2010, 1:59 PM
Trijicon caves in and voluntarily offers to remove bible passages from their products. Sad.

http://www.trijicon.com/whats_new.cfm?whats_newID=170#170

doughboy334
01-21-2010, 2:01 PM
Thats nice of them, free of charge!

Hoop
01-21-2010, 3:14 PM
There is Biblical precedent for finding a reference to "God" on currency offensive ;)

Ever watch the movie "They Live"?
Wearing special lenses to block a mind-altering satellite transmission, currency was simply a white piece of paper with bold lettering "THIS IS YOUR GOD"

+100000000000000000000000000000 for epic movie reference.

That was my favorite scene.

psssniper
01-21-2010, 3:19 PM
Exd 22:24 at least that's what I would put on mine:rolleyes:

preyx
01-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Provide 100 modification kits to forces in the field to remove the reference on the already forward deployed optical sights.
$20 says this "kit" is a hand-file or a piece of sandpaper.

Notorious
01-22-2010, 1:04 AM
Tactical 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper to be exact!

RWxtremist
01-22-2010, 7:37 AM
Hadn't thought of fine sandpaper as a serial removal kit. If it fell apart during use, it would be Trijicon's only defective product. And I'm OK with that.

bodega bob
01-26-2010, 6:59 PM
I predict that someday, the unmodified units will become valued collector's items, like Rock-Ola carbines.

homechicken
01-26-2010, 7:46 PM
theres a difference there. the darwin fish is taking an existing religious symbol and desecrating it. it would be like taking a star of david or a sikh symbol and slightly changing it to mean something offensive... a blasphemous symbol such as the darwin fish would not be taken lightly if it were directed and any other religion than christianity.

Right, b/c christians are known for being so tolerant.

homechicken
01-26-2010, 8:01 PM

And Under God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance#Addition_of_the_words_.22unde r_God.22) was only added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1953.

lairdb's mistaken assumption is precisely what was intended by those who added the "God" references. They hopped that by putting such phrases on money and in The Pledge, that by the next generation, people would just assume they'd been there since the beginning. Very devious - and unfortunately effective.

For those who think the Founding Fathers were all Christians a few quotes:

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government." - Thomas Jefferson

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." - James Madison

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." - John Adams

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." - Benjamin Franklin

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." - Thomas Jefferson

farnorcal
01-26-2010, 8:48 PM
i have the 3x9 accupoint with rev 21:23...And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Notorious
01-26-2010, 8:57 PM
What does that have to do with Trijicon making a product that is superior to anything that is on the market?

Vinz
01-26-2010, 8:58 PM
would the charge me extra to put revelations 19:11 15 on my ACOG thats sitting on my christian holy hell fire moulten lead unleasher?

haa!! a "they live" reference, now the parties on. And Im all out of bubble gum.
vinz

habendanio
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Sadly my acog is a clone. Just checked and I don't see a verse. Nice for what I paid but missing those little touches.

kamagong
02-11-2010, 6:41 PM
Luke 22:36 - "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

Acorn556
02-14-2010, 7:06 AM
John 8:12

Funny how so many people had no clue this was on there for many years. Private company founded on Christian principles.

To all you antis.....Better not shop at Summit Racing. They have a biblical reference on every catalog.

sirnonz
02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
JN 8:12 on my TA31F

Big B
02-23-2010, 9:40 PM
Ezekiel 25:17
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Although that line in Pulp Fiction sounds good, it is not a Biblical quote. Ezekiel 25:17 reads: "I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes; and they will know that I am the LORD when I lay My vengeance on them." The first part of the quote is to my knowledge not anywhere in the bible, and it for sure is not in Ezekiel 25:17 or any of the immediately preceding verses. Also, all the scriptures on ACOGs include a reference to light.

eastershawn
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
geeze this thread really hit a nerve for some people. anyway mine has mathew 5:16. its a 3.5x 35 ta11f, oh yeah and btw, its SICK!

greenpea76
02-26-2010, 2:06 AM

Funny how so many people had no clue this was on there for many years. Private company founded on Christian principles.

To all you antis.....Better not shop at Summit Racing. They have a biblical reference on every catalog.

Mine says JN 8:12 also!
On a TA01 NSN

Notorious
02-26-2010, 6:49 AM
Jealous... saving up for one.

GP3
02-26-2010, 7:10 AM

I haven't visited this topic for a while.

My question is when did the 'antis' get upset about these biblical verses?!?

Friar_Tuck
02-27-2010, 2:25 PM
Can you custom order your verse? Can they engrave in Hebrew or Aramaic?

Notorious
02-27-2010, 5:16 PM
I doubt you can custom order one, but you can pick yours out from dealer stock, I am sure. Just have to have your Bible with you so you can look up the verses right there on the spot.

fairfaxjim
02-28-2010, 9:06 PM

I guess they are not so sure they are right! Would suck to be them and find out you're wrong - no going back at that point.

Notorious
03-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Just checked again... it's not on my serial # but it's on the model number right afterwards so if you aren't careful, you will miss it. The factory rubber bikini cover also covers it up since it's on top. The serial # is on the side.

Mine is 2COR4:6

2 Corinthians 4:6 (King James Version)

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This is so coooool! I got me a JESUS rifle! Now I am an official pork-eating Infidel!

Notorious
03-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Just re-read the thread, seems like John 8:12 is a common one.

bubbapug1
03-07-2010, 2:59 AM
JN8:12 on mine too.

One day we will all realize we are common brothers and not let things like religion, race, skin color, preferance for glocks, and nationalism be used by crooked megalomaniac politicians to drive us to kill each other over private beliefs and map lines on paper.

Until that time its best to keep your AR and trijicon close to you.

Notorious
03-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I sleep in the bath tub clutching my AR/Trijicon like Will Smith does in "I am Legend".

mikengracie
03-08-2010, 4:56 PM
And Under God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance#Addition_of_the_words_.22unde r_God.22) was only added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1953.

lairdb's mistaken assumption is precisely what was intended by those who added the "God" references. They hopped that by putting such phrases on money and in The Pledge, that by the next generation, people would just assume they'd been there since the beginning. Very devious - and unfortunately effective.

For those who think the Founding Fathers were all Christians a few quotes:

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government." - Thomas Jefferson

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." - James Madison

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." - John Adams

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." - Benjamin Franklin

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." - Thomas Jefferson

So why then is there so many references to God and Christianity in the Constitution? And why then did these same men build this country around Christianity? Just wondering.

rct442
03-08-2010, 5:30 PM
I predict that someday, the unmodified units will become valued collector's items, like Rock-Ola carbines.

I doubt it. Check Trijicon's website: http://www.trijicon.com/faq.cfm#f54

Question: Does Trijicon inscribe biblical references on its consumer products?

Answer: Yes, Trijicon places a small biblical reference on the products we sell. It is a tradition started by our founder and we continue it as a reflection of our company values. Although Trijicon has now offered to remove these references for military issued products, we will continue to inscribe our consumer products with biblical references.

Back on topic... Mine says JN 8:12

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5008/dsc0140h.jpg (http://img66.imageshack.us/i/dsc0140h.jpg/)

lairdb
03-08-2010, 6:34 PM
lairdb's mistaken assumption[...]

Heh. I think you have me confused with someone else.

So why then is there so many references to God and Christianity in the Constitution? And why then did these same men build this country around Christianity? Just wondering.

Er... perhaps you could point them out for us? Here (http://www.usconstitution.net/const.txt) is a handy plain text copy for you.

And why then did these same men build this country around Christianity? Just wondering.

There were certainly Christians among the authors of the Constitution, and among many of their associates, correspondents, and peers. Despite attempts to conflate the issues, there is little doubt that while the principles that guided them had much in common with Judeo-Christian ethics, they worked carefully and diligently to make sure that the government they were forming was not Christian, or any other religion.

The text of the 1796 treaty with Tripoli, authored by Washington's administration and signed by John Adams, says "As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion[...]" and goes on from there. Aside from Weems's made up fables (Weems also made up he "cherry tree" story) there is no evidence that Washington was a practicing Christian.

TonyM
03-08-2010, 6:42 PM
Pulled two that were in the front of the safe out:

TA33r8: JN1:7
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

TA31DOC: The very popular JN8:12

I'd pull the others but suspect they will be the same as these two.

dakobster81
03-10-2010, 2:03 AM
I sleep in the bath tub clutching my AR/Trijicon like Will Smith does in "I am Legend".

me too...every night...with my eyes open

Notorious
03-10-2010, 7:22 AM
Is there any other way to sleep?

mitchsti
03-13-2010, 5:42 PM
My TA31ECOS and TA01NSN both have jn 8:12

kcjr1125
01-10-2014, 4:32 PM
Is trijicon still doing this? I think it's pretty cool. Can Any owners who recently purchased one chime in?

Droppin Deuces
01-10-2014, 5:03 PM
Is trijicon still doing this? I think it's pretty cool. Can Any owners who recently purchased one chime in?

They have no reason to stop :cool:

freedom-lover
01-10-2014, 5:41 PM
They have no reason to stop :cool:

Do they have any military contracts? I wouldn't be surprised if the muslim kenyan made them stop.

Notorious
01-10-2014, 5:52 PM
From what recall when this blew up, Trijicon agreed to not have any Biblical verses on the military contract optics because CAIR or whoever complained that we were sending over "Jesus" rifles to kill Muslims... ummm... no... we're sending over American men and women with the best equipment to eradicate radical Islamic terrorists. Get that straight.

In any event, once that story blew up, I made sure to buy Trijicon on everything I had, including handgun night sights, even if it costs $20 more than Meprolight on a Glock pistol, and I also wrote Trijicon and had a nice brief exchange with their VP/President about how I will always support their product because they are unashamedly Pro-Christ.

Droppin Deuces
01-10-2014, 8:28 PM
Yeah, I think that's why the verses are now laser engraved instead of being part of the forging. Easier to omit it for government contracts.

sumdood
01-10-2014, 9:01 PM
My ACOG I bought in November 2013 has no verse. Bummer, wish it did.

Echidin
01-10-2014, 9:26 PM
TA31F

Droppin Deuces
01-10-2014, 9:30 PM

What model is it?

Btw, mine is a TA31 ECOS, so it has JN8:12 and also whatever the RMR has.

sumdood
01-10-2014, 10:09 PM
TA31F .223 BDC/FT - Red Chevron BAC

(from the label)

Droppin Deuces
01-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Strange. Well, if it did have one, it would be JN8:12.

North Bay Guy
01-11-2014, 12:00 AM
I would love to own an ACOG, I hope they still sell them with John 8:12.

John72
01-11-2014, 8:02 PM
TA31F

BajaJames83
01-11-2014, 8:04 PM
When I was in Afghanistan they called us all in and chiseled off the inscriptions on all of our acogs.

FiveSeven
01-12-2014, 12:51 AM
I bought 3.5x35 (.308) a few months back. Interesting that serial # and Mt5:16 on left side in white but it's not forged on lower right side.

MrPlink
01-12-2014, 3:00 AM
I think I am gonna buy a knock off ACOG and put a Dianetics quote on it.

But seriously, if anybody has seen an Acog with Romans:831, lemme know

Absocold
01-12-2014, 9:41 AM
I bought a TA31F RCO late last year. It's apparently different form some of the older models, but it has JN8:12 on it.

Notorious
01-12-2014, 10:43 AM
When I was in Afghanistan they called us all in and chiseled off the inscriptions on all of our acogs.

That is pure crap.

GlockedAndLoaded
01-12-2014, 10:46 AM
That is pure crap.

For real....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

beagoodgirl
01-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Do they have any military contracts? I wouldn't be surprised if the muslim kenyan made them stop.
Well being that the muslim kenyan doesn't believe in God - or more to it....thinks he is God.....it isn't surprising.

Press Check
01-12-2014, 2:07 PM

Yes, they are still doing it. The TA02 is a relatively new product, and mine has JN8:12, as did two other ACOG's I owned.

daveinwoodland
01-12-2014, 2:18 PM
EKTRkmwDP-c&feature

darrin17
01-15-2014, 3:28 PM
Mine will say (when i get it) "JESUS WEPT"!

dtrump
01-17-2014, 7:25 PM
I didnt know about this. Irs pretty cool though I dig all the references to light.

colossians323
01-18-2014, 10:26 AM
As written on scope 1JN 1:7

1 John 1:7

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Darklyte27
01-19-2014, 6:36 AM
Got my acog about 5 months ago, it has JN 8:12

esp1
01-19-2014, 7:12 AM

Silly hobbit. Religion is for humans.

01-19-2014, 8:09 AM
I was in Iraq when this was "discovered". everyone who had an ACOG had to take it to the armorer so he could grind off the bible references.

Notorious
01-19-2014, 11:51 AM
I was in Iraq when this was "discovered". everyone who had an ACOG had to take it to the armorer so he could grind off the bible references.

I would make sure I was very unavailable or forgetful about my appointment to go to the armorer.:chris:

01-19-2014, 6:37 PM
I would make sure I was very unavailable or forgetful about my appointment to go to the armorer.:chris:

haha it wasn't a big deal. besides there was only one per squad, so they were escorted to it.

<IXOYE><
01-21-2014, 6:41 PM
TA31F

36Ford
01-21-2014, 7:35 PM
Psalms 144:1

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

problemchild
01-23-2014, 4:58 AM

Funny......

Your avatar shows a military guy. The military stands up for the constitution and fights for our rights to be free Americans yet you shoot Trijicon in the back for using their 1st amendment rights.

Just an observation.... Oh and you used the wrong word. Nothing clandestine about letters/words printed on the outside in plain sight.

SURREPTITIOUS=: acting or doing something clandestinely : stealthy (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stealthy) <a surreptitious glance>

CombsForce
01-24-2014, 9:52 AM
Im Agnostic so I don't really care one way or the other.
However on my Accupoint 3-9x40 it is Revelation 21:24

Though I don't think that was the original inent of agnosticism (and I am not an agnostic but a Christian), I admire your true-to-form opinion. ;)

Snotcycle
01-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Buds 4:20
And the Lord said unto Abraham, "Let he who is without sin cast the first rock, and I shalt smoketh it"

Simi-Surfer
01-31-2014, 12:30 AM
Great way for the company to get the Word out to those that would most likely never read the bible. Just look at all of you checking (reading the Word) to figure out what the verse is - love it.

bmacpolo
02-06-2014, 9:46 PM
REV 21:23 Accupoint

"And the city hath no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine upon it; For the glory of God did lighten it, and the lamp thereof [is] the Lamb"

Sniper3142
02-06-2014, 10:25 PM
TA31 RCO-M4

IrishJoe3
02-07-2014, 9:04 PM
I etched PSA 23:4 into the serial number of my last 80% build. I thought "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me" was completely appropriate.

Press Check
02-07-2014, 9:15 PM
REV 21:23 Accupoint

"And the city hath no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine upon it; For the glory of God did lighten it, and the lamp thereof [is] the Lamb"

That's just downright awesome.

crazyalskn
02-07-2014, 9:48 PM
If i could afford one, I would tell you.

:rolleyes:

These...Amen!:D

mlevans66
02-07-2014, 10:01 PM
I etched PSA 23:4 into the serial number of my last 80% build. I thought "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me" was completely appropriate.

Welp, that pretty awesome cause that is VERY appropriate.

LiferLance
02-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Fgnrlf fgnignataln aye aye Cthulhu fthagn!

daorozco86
02-27-2014, 11:27 PM
"Save me Jebus!"
- Homer Simpson.

Anthracis
02-28-2014, 2:38 AM
"Goodbye."

Mesa Defense
03-03-2014, 9:09 AM
"Send It"

yobless
03-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Just checked my ACOG TA31F and it has John 8:12

gizmo7718
03-05-2014, 2:09 PM
Just checked my ACOG TA31F and it has John 8:12

Have the same on my TA31RCOM150 and TA31H-G

Oceanbob
03-09-2014, 4:17 PM
"Smile, wait for the flash"

"Don't run, you'll just die tired"

Xanatos
03-09-2014, 10:10 PM
TA31-F has JN8:12
RMR01 has 2PE1:19

Better question is how can I remove this bull**** from my optics and/or change it to EZ25:17 instead?

Mr357magnum
03-09-2014, 11:54 PM
"GAWWWWWWDDDD"

TacticalPlinker
03-10-2014, 4:47 AM
"It is better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven."

No... Wait... That's not right.

"God is dead, and we have killed him."

No... Wait... That's not right, either. :reddevil:

Anyway... I'm not religious to any degree, even by the largest stretch of your imagination. I also don't personally care if you are and are not, what you believe or don't believe, or what the founders/owners/employees of any specific company do with said company or what they in turn believe, blah blah blah... You get the point.

I'm also not a particular fan of Pulp Fiction, but some parts of the movie were memorable. Obviously Mr. Jackson changed some of the words for the movie, but as another member posted on page #1, if I had to pick something, for lack of anything better (I confess, I don't read the bible), I would have to go with Ezekiel 25:17, or at least part of it.

"I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."