PDA

View Full Version : Need some college prop help...

pullnshoot25
10-01-2009, 12:19 AM
OK, here is the deal; I want to get some props to bring onto UCSD so that we can get some attention going for the Marksmanship club (which, BTW, has a REALLY good start this year)

Here is what I know and/or want to know.

1) Musket=no good (firearm under 626.9)
2) Blue gun=GOOD
3) Airsoft gun that has been deactivated (plugged, springs taken out, etc) and painted blue=?

I kind of have an idea for using the pseudo-airsoft gun to have a "who can change their magazines the quickest?" contest AND for conducting group safety demonstrations.

What say you Calgunners on this idea? Will it pass muster?

ac427cpe
10-01-2009, 12:30 AM
I'd suggest against the airsoft idea, simply because the original state was something probably banned in the student code.

remember that if you get hassled the student conduct rules work both ways: http://spja.ucsd.edu/16_00.html

16.10. Exercise of Constitutional Rights: UCSD is committed to ensuring that the exercise of constitutional rights of free and open discussion, expression, and advocacy are not only protected but encouraged as a vital aspect of the spirit of free inquiry appropriate to a university setting.

I'd also check with UCSD police to make sure the blue props are ok.

pullnshoot25
10-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I'd suggest against the airsoft idea, simply because the original state was something probably banned in the student code.

remember that if you get hassled the student conduct rules work both ways: http://spja.ucsd.edu/16_00.html

I'd also check with UCSD police to make sure the blue props are ok.

They are A-OK. Nothing prohibiting them in either PC or policy.

I could ask that cute lawyer in Student Services...

natasha69
10-01-2009, 1:19 AM
When I was at UC Davis, the town cops were so over aggro about guns that they descended upon the ROTC cadets, who were carrying blue guns while practicing their marches. I hope your cops are not as dim witted and overzealous.

pullnshoot25
10-01-2009, 5:25 AM
When I was at UC Davis, the town cops were so over aggro about guns that they descended upon the ROTC cadets, who were carrying blue guns while practicing their marches. I hope your cops are not as dim witted and overzealous.

I have no doubt in my mind that they are.