PDA

View Full Version : 'Why does daddy wear a gun?' - A Children's Book

Liberty1
09-30-2009, 10:55 PM
enjoy and hopfully Californians will have a reason to buy this soon!

http://www.lulu.com/content/5510716

'Why Does Daddy Wear a Gun?"
by John Pierce

Description:

Presents the story of a young boy named Corwin who has a question about why his daddy carries a gun. Corwin's search for the answer leads him to learn about parental responsibility, gun safety and the birthright of every American child. This is a wonderful book to give to any child whose parents avail themselves of the right to keep and bear arms.

HondaMasterTech
09-30-2009, 11:00 PM
One of the greatest gifts you can give your child is the truth.

Liberty1
09-30-2009, 11:03 PM
One of the greatest gifts you can give your child is the truth.

I want to see this in school libraries right next to "Heather has two mommies". :eek: Wouldn't that frost the antis. I might just buy my library a copy.

yellowfin
09-30-2009, 11:04 PM
I like it! I'd buy a copy right now but don't want the Mrs.to get the wrong signal.

dantodd
09-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Great idea, the preview on the site doesn't make it look very well executed though.

HondaMasterTech
09-30-2009, 11:19 PM
A more mature presentation may induce a more calm and respectful mentality about the subject.

loather
10-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I like it! I'd buy a copy right now but don't want the Mrs.to get the wrong signal.

Not quite ready for her to start squirtin' out kids, eh? :)

7x57
10-01-2009, 12:16 AM

:rofl:

7x57

7x57
10-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Great idea, the preview on the site doesn't make it look very well executed though.

I agree. The artwork is too over-the-top for me.

7x57

PEBKAC
10-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I agree. The artwork is too over-the-top for me.

7x57
+1.

I think "generic" was the word that came to mind for me. Also perhaps the color contrasts are too marked. It's truly unfortunate because we need books like this.

But yeah, not a huge fan of the art...

7222 Hawker
10-01-2009, 8:13 AM
I want to see this in school libraries right next to "Heather has two mommies". :eek: Wouldn't that frost the antis. I might just buy my library a copy.

That's funny. Saw some cartoon book the other day about what a great guy Obama is and how he's gonna save the country.

ChuckBooty
10-01-2009, 8:22 AM
I actually have a copy of this book. It's not what you think...his daddy wears a gun because he's an enforcer for the Aryan Brotherhood.

CSACANNONEER
10-01-2009, 8:25 AM
Man, I just got half way through the book and now, I can't read the last 12 pages on line. Am I going to have to buy it to find out how it ends? I really didn't see anything wrong with the artwork though. It's just not my style.

I actually have a copy of this book. It's not what you think...his daddy wears a gun because he's an enforcer for the Aryan Brotherhood.

Da brotherhood don't need guns! I'd believe you if you said daddy was a Black Panther though.

Maestro Pistolero
10-01-2009, 9:04 AM
Why does Mommy wear a gun? Perhaps more than a little oversight in today's presumptively non-gender specific world. Mommy has at least the same need, rights, and capability to protect herself and her family. I love the concept for the book, but I can't believe that glaring omission got by a publisher.

yellowfin
10-01-2009, 9:05 AM
Not quite ready for her to start squirtin' out kids, eh? :)Bingo. But I think I will go vomit now because you mentioned it. :puke: The very thought of that gives me the heebie geebies.

Fate
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
LOL at the illustration/description of the Dad. He looks like a punk. Would much rather he came across a little more mature and professional.

CSACANNONEER
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Why does Mommy wear a gun?

Start writing it! After that, may I suggest a couple that might even sell in SF, "Why do both my mommies wear guns?" or "Why do my daddies wear guns?"

ChuckBooty
10-04-2009, 7:20 AM
Start writing it! After that, may I suggest a couple that might even sell in SF, "Why do both my mommies wear guns?" or "Why do my daddies wear guns?"

Or "Why do two gay penguins own a small arsenal of rifles in 7.62x39?"

"Why are the Dikes on Bikes buying so much fertilizer?"

"Why is that guy dressed as a nun in clown make-up? uh..and he/she has some kind of revolver?"

Santa Cruz Armory
10-04-2009, 8:04 AM

Are you actually serious? :confused:

MrClamperSir
10-04-2009, 10:58 AM

HORRIBLE would be an accurate assessment of the execution. I have small children and thought for a second I might be interested, however, previewing it just saved me $13 and a huge bout with frustration upon arrival.

MrClamperSir
10-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Or "Why do two gay penguins own a small arsenal of rifles in 7.62x39?"

"Why are the Dikes on Bikes buying so much fertilizer?"

"Why is that guy dressed as a nun in clown make-up? uh..and he/she has some kind of revolver?"

LOL:clown: