PDA

View Full Version : pk as s

dwa
09-30-2009, 5:11 PM
i was considering this optic for my saiga 5.45 which is currently in gun jail :mad:.

i believe this is the model which according to tantal is offset to the left in the traditional Russian style as opposed to over bore as is western custom.

im curious for user feedback on people who have the sight mounted on saiga with "hunting" stock that the saiga comes with.

what has your experience been with the aiming with the left when firing right handed?

are you able to get a good cheek weld (my primary concern just from looking at pictures)

thanks for your help.

Jpach
09-30-2009, 5:49 PM
i was considering this optic for my saiga 5.45 which is currently in gun jail :mad:.

i believe this is the model which according to tantal is offset to the left in the traditional Russian style as opposed to over bore as is western custom.im curious for user feedback on people who have the sight mounted on saiga with "hunting" stock that the saiga comes with.

What do you mean by this? What exactly is offset?

69Mach1
09-30-2009, 6:57 PM

The Russian "offset" puts the optic slightly off to the left of the rifle, instead of directly over the bore.

reidnez
09-30-2009, 6:58 PM

I think he's referring to the SVD/PSL setup, where the optics are indeed offset (i.e., not mounted centerline with the bore.) They did this because the original design was meant to be able to top-load from stripper clips.

I confess that I've never seen an AK with optics in the flesh, but I'm *assuming* that since the AK cannot be top-loaded, there would be no reason to mount the optics offset.

dwa
09-30-2009, 7:07 PM

i mean not center but offset to the left. for some reason tantals wont load for me right now or id post the link.

69Mach1
09-30-2009, 7:09 PM
You can see the "off set" on this scope.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3493/3827490997_2dd342f1ab_o.jpg

sd1023x
09-30-2009, 8:08 PM
So why the PK-AS-S? AK types always present an interesting dilemma in optics choice.

dwa
09-30-2009, 8:18 PM
So why the PK-AS-S? AK types always present an interesting dilemma in optics choice.

it interest me. i believe the reticule is also similar to that of an eotech of which i am a fan.