PDA

View Full Version : remington 700 bdl

smilee
09-30-2009, 4:57 PM
i am new to CG it seems as though there is a lot of knowledge here, so hopfully someone can help. my remington 700 bdl 7mm rem mag has a hard time loading 3 rounds in the magazine. the first two seem to go great but the third wants to keep popping up. when it seems as though the third round is set down where it should be and i try to close the bold to load one round it pops up and tries to load the first and second round at the same time. when i try it with two rounds in the magazine it cycles smoothly. to me it seems as though the spring it to stiff. but i am not sure. any help would be a great help. i have had this gun for a few years, and i have had the problem from the beginning.

swerv512
09-30-2009, 5:24 PM
when i usually load a full magazine in my 700 and i want to load an additional one in the chamber- i have to push down on the top round while i slide the bolt forward over the top round just enough to prohibit it from popping up. once the bolt is over the top round, then load the final round into the chamber and slide the bolt all the way forward...

smilee
09-30-2009, 5:43 PM
under my assumption the rifle should hold 3 in the magazine +1

swerv512
09-30-2009, 6:00 PM
oh, i think i misunderstood your first post. your rifle, having a full magazine (3rds.), is trying to load two rounds instead of one...correct.

smilee
09-30-2009, 6:07 PM
correct

swerv512
09-30-2009, 6:23 PM
does the mag follower produce a cant to the rounds? is the rim of the cases visibly higher than the bullets? your mag spring my be the issue- does the mag follower look okay with an empty magazine?

smilee
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
what do you mean "does the mag follower produce a cant to the rounds"? i t seems to me that the case is highter than the bullets. and the mag follower looks as if there is nothing wrong with it to me.