PDA

View Full Version : Daniels Defense

Isaiah4Autumn
09-30-2009, 2:43 PM
I'm new to cal guns (ie my post count) and pretty new to OLL and all the laws I have been learning as I continue to do research on what is legal here in CA.

I'm checking into getting my first AR-15 and I was curious to know what my fellow cal gunners think about daniel Defense's products and if they are even legal in CA to own...thanks for all your help :D

djleisure
09-30-2009, 2:50 PM
Daniel Defense stuff is good to go! CA legal and very well made. If you are looking for a complete rifle, then Riflegear.com has a great Daniel Defense special (http://www.riflegear.com/m-39-daniel-defense.aspx) with money back!

jdberger
09-30-2009, 2:54 PM
Errr... DD Rifles are California Legal if configured correctly.

Please check out the Flowchart (http://calnra.com/cgi-bin/flowchart.cgi) to determine legal compliance.

I know, it's a PITA, but once you have it down, you'll remember it forever and won't have to worry about being stopped for a traffic violation, etc.

Jicko
09-30-2009, 2:58 PM
With the $250 DD parts rebate (basically can get you a free 7" Omega free float rail), the DDXV rifle is probably the BEST deal you can EVER get out there right now!! Top quality, and probably one of the lowest price!

Off the top of my head:

DDXV @ riflesgear.com $1149 (CA configured, BB + 10/30 mag, but you will have to pay your CA use tax right the way instead of putting it off till the end of the year)

DDXV @ rainierarms.com $999 (you would have to get an addition BB, and 10 rounds magazine, but then you don't have to pay your CA use tax right the way)

technique
09-30-2009, 3:35 PM
Daniel Defense is the ****!

Requiem
09-30-2009, 3:50 PM
Wait... Ca use tax???? Wth is that?

NSR500
09-30-2009, 3:56 PM
Use Taxes are for State residents to pay taxes on products that they've purchased from out of State.

You are paying your Use Taxes, right?
If not, someone might come and kill your dog.

Flying Bones
09-30-2009, 4:06 PM
Use Taxes are for State residents to pay taxes on products that they've purchased from out of State.

You are paying your Use Taxes, right?
If not, someone might come and kill your dog.

+1. I always pay them quarterly. My puppy is healthy.

And really, DD is awesome. If you purchase the above DDXV you go straight to the top of the food chain as far as AR stuff goes. I just got my first DD rail...first of many to come.

IsaacGlass
09-30-2009, 4:17 PM
Daniel Defense is the ****!

Hey Technique what was that, I couldnt hear ya? :D

Buddhabelly
09-30-2009, 4:58 PM
With the $250 DD parts rebate (basically can get you a free 7" Omega free float rail), the DDXV rifle is probably the BEST deal you can EVER get out there right now!! Top quality, and probably one of the lowest price!

Off the top of my head:

DDXV @ riflesgear.com $1149 (CA configured, BB + 10/30 mag, but you will have to pay your CA use tax right the way instead of putting it off till the end of the year)

DDXV @ rainierarms.com $999 (you would have to get an addition BB, and 10 rounds magazine, but then you don't have to pay your CA use tax right the way)

What $250 DD parts rebate? Can you send me a link?

IsaacGlass
09-30-2009, 6:31 PM
What $250 DD parts rebate? Can you send me a link?

Check Riflegear.com

Isaiah4Autumn
10-01-2009, 6:22 AM
wow...thanks for all the responses folks

tenpercentfirearms
10-01-2009, 6:27 AM
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/GiftCard1.pdf

I have them in stock at my shop in the Bakersfield area if you don't want to mess with transferring one and be able to just walk in and buy it. The $250 gift card is good any where you use it.

shark92651
10-01-2009, 8:18 AM
Hey Technique what was that, I couldnt hear ya? :D

I think he said Daniel Defense is the bomb! :D

Yes, the DD rifles are great - I also would recommend you get the XV and then use the $250 gift card to get an Omega 7.0 rail to go with it.

Barney Gumble
10-01-2009, 8:42 AM
If the lower receiver is not listed on the Kasler list then the lower itself is off-list by definition. As long as you configure it legally (bullet button with 10-round mag or featureless build) you're good to go with any OLL.

Kasler list: http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf

campperrykid
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
More info about the $250 gift card/rebate here:
www.danieldefense.com

DD has won some government contracts. Larry Vickers works with DD on some products.
ETA:
There are ( IIRC ) at least 3 reviews of the 9 & 7inch Omega Rails on Brownells' site.

fcr
10-01-2009, 11:56 AM
DD makes top notch gear. It is very well made.

Isaiah4Autumn
10-01-2009, 12:14 PM
yeah i'm going to go w/DD with the rail...I'll get you some pics when I get it..thanks for the suggestions

RECCE556
10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Big +1 on DD products. I use and recommend them.

JimAmentler
10-01-2009, 8:54 PM
DD makes great gear. I now have two of their M4's and they are outstanding weapons.

tomd1584
10-01-2009, 8:57 PM
another big +1 to Daniel Defense.. I have the Omega rail and their A1.5 fixed rear sight. both are great products!

the rear sight had a little play side to side, I emailed them up and within the hour i had a return authorization # to send it back. great CS

supermario
10-01-2009, 9:17 PM
If you want to make it easy on yourself, just buy from a California gun shop that sells Daniel Defense rifles and they will be all cali compliant. There are many Cali vendors that have them ready to go...

Z.1
10-17-2009, 6:13 PM
Am I to deduce from everyone's responses that a Daniels Defense LPK would be a good bet? Found one for $70

Also, who actually pays use tax? I have a family member who has been a tax professional for 10+ years and has come across maybe 1 individual who has consistently paid it.

ArkinDomino
10-17-2009, 6:52 PM
Am I to deduce from everyone's responses that a Daniels Defense LPK would be a good bet? Found one for $70

Also, who actually pays use tax? I have a family member who has been a tax professional for 10+ years and has come across maybe 1 individual who has consistently paid it.

:eek:
We ALL pay our use taxes!!!
:TFH:

JCal49
10-17-2009, 9:29 PM
Im in the same boat as OP. This seems like an awesome deal here. What are your guys' view on the DD M4 Carbine or DDM4v2. Seems like the rail is only is the difference between the two.

Or do recommend just sticking to the DDXV and picking up the Omega X7.0 rail with the rebate?

Z.1
10-19-2009, 6:08 AM
:eek:
We ALL pay our use taxes!!!
:TFH:

but of course, i don't know what i could have been thinking ;)