PDA

View Full Version : Question: Current Sources for USGI M1 Carbine Wood Sets?

campperrykid
09-30-2009, 3:00 PM
So , what's the word on current sources for USGI M1 Carbine wood sets?
I haven't bought any in a couple or three years.
IIRC , last time I got some 'What a Country ' and ' Northridge ' both had some good deals for the money.
Who has the good stuff at decent prices now?

5hundo
09-30-2009, 5:22 PM
Point of clarification:

Are you asking where you can find a good deal on stocks for a USGI M1 Carbine?

...or are you asking where you can find a good deal on USGI stocks for a USGI Carbine?

campperrykid
09-30-2009, 5:28 PM
Wood sets.
Either M1 Carbine walnut or M2 potbelly birch or walnut. With all metal fitting if possible.
I'm looking for info on what's for sale now and some feedback on what various venders have sold customers recently.

Thanks .

NRAhighpowershooter
09-30-2009, 6:37 PM
I have bought a few sets from 'What a Country' average in quality...decent prices

http://www.whatacountry.com/

TRICKSTER
09-30-2009, 6:51 PM
http://www.sarcoinc.com/
http://www.thecollectorsource.com/page/1227235 Expensive, but new old stock.

Spiggy
09-30-2009, 6:55 PM
if you buy stuff from the Northridge Guy when he's at the gunshow, you can haggle with him.

Sometimes, you might actually win.

smle-man
09-30-2009, 8:37 PM
I picked up a NOS birch M2 stock and handguard from Northridge last year for $50. Don't know if they are still around or not.

davfink
09-30-2009, 10:35 PM
if interested, i have birch m2 stocks with all metal for sale for 45$. pm me if interested

campperrykid
10-02-2009, 8:48 AM
Thanks for all the info , guys.

:)

Iknownot
10-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Sarco was the only place we could find that actually had decent condition, reasonably priced, old stocks when were were calling around for a family member's carbine a couple of months back. We ended up with a pretty nice Inland stamped walnut stock, that was in reasonable condition for what was going to be a shooter.

Fulton has a bunch of birch potbellys, if you don't mind that. But pretty much Sarco only had anything in walnut that was reasonably priced ($60-70) and we called around everywhere.

If you call sarco, make sure you ask to speak to the guy that runs the parts department. He hand selected a stock based on what we are looking for. The people who answer the phone just know how to run the computers. Make sure you ask to be transferred to the person in back who actually deals with stocking the parts, to see what they actually have.

All the carbines coming back through the CMP has made finding certain Carbine parts at reasonable prices, pretty difficult. Who knows if anyone has anything reasonably priced at this point.

campperrykid
10-03-2009, 2:15 AM
When Denmark released it's Garands , there were metrics tons of parts , tools , bayo's , gear , and very good ammo turned loose , especially near the end of the process.

I will be very surprised if the ROK pattern is much different. Typically the most common major parts that buyers choose to replace are barrels and wood sets.
According to the Chosun Ilbo , the ROK plans to release well over 600,000
Carbines by 2020. That is huge.