PDA

View Full Version : S. Korean Commercial M1 Carbine Mag's at AIM Surplus.

campperrykid
09-30-2009, 5:20 AM
These seem to getting good reviews. "...Summer Special Price $9.95..."

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/15rd_Mil_Spec_.30cal_M1_Carbine_Magazines.html

These are not ( according to Bill Ricca on the M1 Carbine Forum ) military magazines.

I bought a couple and plan to get more. They seem to be much better than the usual aftermarket junk.

EastBayRidge
09-30-2009, 6:18 AM
Does AIM sell rebuild kits ?

5hundo
09-30-2009, 6:38 AM
I bought a couple and plan to get more. They seem to be much better than the usual aftermarket junk.

How did you buy them? It's not really legal to do that, unless you live outside the state.... :confused:

maxx424
09-30-2009, 8:36 AM
+1 on that question.

campperrykid
10-01-2009, 6:17 AM
Not all Californians stay in California all the time.

:)

campperrykid
10-10-2009, 4:04 AM
Aim was sold out , but Cope's had some.
Last time I checked.

hawk81
10-10-2009, 2:31 PM
I got some 30 round south korean rebuild kits. They are good kits. I am lucky because I have relatives in Texas, so I can get any rebuild kit I want.

Quiet
10-10-2009, 3:10 PM
The South Koreans have been using M-1 Carbines from the late-40s to the early-80s, so they have "some" experience in making quality magazines for it. ;)

Xerxes
10-10-2009, 9:47 PM
South Korea is shopping over 80,000 Garands and over 30,000 carbines on the arms market.

I have not heard if CMP is making a bid on them.

South Korea is dumping all there 1950's weapons provided by the US. I heard rumors it includes some 1911's.

I have not heard anything about their grease guns or 1919's or BAR's though.

Mostly I heard they are trying to get the Garands and Carbines to the US market since the Garand retails for over $800 and the Carbine for over $400 and they should get at least half that in bulk sell.

They are also suppose to be selling many millions of rounds of 30-06 and carbine rounds.

Rumor has it that they hope to get as much as $100 million for those old reserve stocks of ammo and firearms to help finance their military during this world wide recession.

I read this all on the Internet at new/military/blog sights so it must be true right?;)

Also read that if they dump this many Garands and carbines on the market all at once that it would severely impair the current price of these suckers.

Truthfully I doubt the current Obama Anti Gun Administration would allow such a large importation of these firearms.

Maybe a few thousand through a half dozen importers might slip under the radar.

Oh, the Internet says that many of these rifles are in near new condition and that they include many rare versions.

Also each rifle comes with the 28 female virgins that were promised to the Mad Muslim Bombers that did not kill the required thousand american each!:eek:

NRAhighpowershooter
10-11-2009, 9:54 AM
South Korea is shopping over 80,000 Garands and over 30,000 carbines on the arms market.

I have not heard if CMP is making a bid on them.

:

It has been posted many times on the CMP forum and I posted here under the subject.. It is not in the CMP charter to buy or bid on anything.. the CMP gets their guns from the US military only as returns from other countries that had said guns loaned to them. All the Korean Garand and Carbines were sold to them. Also when they will get here... who knows.. it will depend on how long it takes to get the importing approved... nothing is set in stone yet...only the fact that the S. Korean Govt wants to sell them.

bigstick61
10-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Supposedly the price the South Koreans want for them is $230 for the Garands and $180 for the carbines, and that a number of the weapons may be sealed in the original packages they were sent to South Korea in all that time ago. I wonder how much U.S. companies would ultimately charge for them. I would actually find it somewhat upsetting if they were marked up to the point where CMP guns would cost less or the same.