PDA

View Full Version : Magpul PRS "Clones" on Ebay?

Nate74
09-29-2009, 7:33 PM
I'm thinking of replacing the A2 stock on my recently completed 24" AR build with a Magpul PRS. In searching I found what appears to be a clone on ebay for a bit less $$$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SNIPER-Rifle-Stock-Black-Adjustable-223-PRS-style_W0QQitemZ170383689770QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item27aba8c82a&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Anybody have any experience with these? Man, it sure looks similar to the PRS from Magpul.

THT
09-29-2009, 7:38 PM
I wouldn't put ANY clone part on a firearm. You never know what sort of consequences may result when the firearm is in use especially when a genuine one can be had for a little more. Note Magpul's warning on the UBR: http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/counterfit_ubr.pdf

daerror12
09-29-2009, 7:44 PM
Air soft stocks have no place on a firearm. spend the 60 dollars extra and get a real Magpul.

Nate74
09-29-2009, 7:47 PM
Well in this guy's defense, he's not claiming he's selling Magpul. Just noticed this is under airsoft... 'nuff said. That being said, who would pay $180 for an airsoft stock? Don't airsoft rifles cost less than that?

THT
09-29-2009, 7:52 PM
Well in this guy's defense, he's not claiming he's selling Magpul. Just noticed this is under airsoft... 'nuff said. That being said, who would pay $180 for an airsoft stock? Don't airsoft rifles cost less than that?

No way, electric M4 airsoft replicas cost more than a CMMG bargain bin rifle.

Nate74
09-29-2009, 7:54 PM
No way, electric M4 airsoft replicas cost more than a CMMG bargain bin rifle.

Really:eek: I had no idea. Never had any interest in 'em. When I can't plink with a real gun, I go with my Red Ryder!:D

TZL
09-29-2009, 7:59 PM
last PRS i bought was used but in as-new condition, i paid $200 for it, just keep looking on the classified sites

Nix78
09-29-2009, 8:22 PM
put it like this I sold all my Airsoft junk to pay for my B.R build......what was cool is that I kept the real rifle stuff and tranfered it over the High rise , sling and tac light are good. That BSA reddot sight CRAP, look at my pic below.
You'll spend the same amount on A plastic crap that will break if you literally drop it than buy the real thing,Airsoft is Airsoft folks,thats all there is to it....

Vinz
09-29-2009, 8:33 PM
Really:eek: I had no idea. Never had any interest in 'em. When I can't plink with a real gun, I go with my Red Ryder!:D

yeah but does good ole Red go full auto? LOL

Please don't support these Asian knock offs they hurt small US companies like Magpul.
vinz

Nate74
09-30-2009, 6:59 AM
Placed an order from my new buddy THT @ MIDWESTPX.COM.

B Strong
09-30-2009, 7:28 AM
I'm thinking of replacing the A2 stock on my recently completed 24" AR build with a Magpul PRS. In searching I found what appears to be a clone on ebay for a bit less $$$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SNIPER-Rifle-Stock-Black-Adjustable-223-PRS-style_W0QQitemZ170383689770QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item27aba8c82a&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Anybody have any experience with these? Man, it sure looks similar to the PRS from Magpul.

I'm leery of everything sold on Ebay at this point. There are so many Chinese copies of everything from furniture to optics that buying from an Ebay seller is truely a crap-shoot.

Get the real thing from a reputable dealer and avoid the agita.

WeekendWarrior
09-30-2009, 8:22 AM
WWRTW

gn3hz3ku1*
09-30-2009, 9:00 AM
You're asking for trouble with clones and will feel stupid when you have to pay thousands of dollars for medical treatment after your rifle blows up in your face or when your family has to pay thousands of dollars for your funeral. Those clone parts are not built to spec and were not designed to handle the energy and pressures that occur when firing a rifle.

how would a stock blow up in someone's face?

Darklyte27
09-30-2009, 9:12 AM
My real PRS was about 170$ AFTER bing.com/ebay cashback

ar15barrels
09-30-2009, 9:35 AM
The linked clone stock is a clone of the 1st gen PRS.
The 2nd gen has a rubber buttpad and some other small changes.

Don't spend $180 on a clone when the real thing does not cost much more...

And just so you know, the PRS is HEAVY.

tomd1584
09-30-2009, 9:50 AM
wow, that really isnt a whole lot cheaper than the real thing.

bomb_on_bus
09-30-2009, 9:53 AM
Spend the few extra dollars and get the real deal. You will feel better about it in the end! :D

Nate74
09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
I'll say again:

Placed an order from my new buddy THT @ MIDWESTPX.COM. for a realy Magpul.

chee_seen
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM

Airsoft guns can cost hundreds and probably a lot more depending on how nice you want it. Ive played airsoft for years and love it. The airsoft market is really big in Asia and the replicas are the closest they can get to the real thing.

A lot of you guys bash on the airsoft replicas but remember these were never intended to replace the real deal. It could be really nice on a airsoft gun. A lot of times airsoft components don't even fit on the real thing.

Just stick to what is for airsoft and what is for the real deal. Its simple as that.

reidnez
09-30-2009, 10:34 AM
From Magpul's announcement: use of this item on a real firearm could result in serious injury or death.

Isn't that just being a *little* dramatic? I could definitely see a counterfeit stock breaking in real-world use, but the worst consequence I imagine from that is maybe a bruised ego. We're not talking about a barrel or a bolt which has to withstand tens of thousands of PSI. We're talking about a buttstock that absorbs a relatively mild amount of shock and transfers a few pounds of recoil energy to your shoulder. I wouldn't buy a knockoff stock simply for fear of it breaking, but fearing for my life? Gimme a break.

I can understand them being tweaked about someone making a blatant ripoff of their quality product, but trying to scare people with warnings of "death or serious injury" is rather misleading.

WeekendWarrior
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
WWRTW

MT1
09-30-2009, 12:09 PM
And people complain about loosing American jobs and the piss poor quality of over-seas parts....yet they keep supporting the Chinese.:rolleyes:

Not to mention that the item in question is a direct knockoff of a patented American product.

gn3hz3ku1*
09-30-2009, 7:31 PM
The BCG could go flying out the back of the stock, or get stuck in the buffer tube that comes with it that is out of spec, there are a lot of things that could go wrong there.

1. doesnt come with a tube.
2. BCG flying out the back of the stock? let's be serious.. it would have first break the tube then the stock.

it can break im not arguing it and it is only like 30 bucks cheaper than the real thing.. but let's not pretend the thing is going to blow up in your face. its a stock not a upper receiver.

evollep3
09-30-2009, 7:33 PM
just so you know i sell my PRS the same price as that on the classifield not too long ago till i traded it with another member but i recommend to baby sit that if you want to save a little money other wise dont bother