PDA

View Full Version : Potential Job Posting in San Diego - Cisco Voice/network Person

ptdog
09-29-2009, 1:08 PM
I was just given the heads up that we, a big medical device company in San Diego, will be posting for a new position. We have to expand the networking/telecommunication dept. We will be looking for a Cisco network and voice person for the job. If anybody fits this description, let me know.

loather
09-29-2009, 6:49 PM
I'm a networking guy but I don't have any cisco voice experience. To be honest, I've stayed away because it's a total SNAFU. Networking, on the other hand, i can do.

What are the details of the position?

ptdog
09-30-2009, 4:45 AM
Configured incorrectly, Cisco voice will not work well. Configured correctly and with change controls, you will have a really stable and reliable network and voip. The job will not really be doing day in day out break/fixes. It will be working on projects to configure and deploy voice and networking. There will be too much to do.

Cisco voice experience is a must.

The on the personal side, knowing voice pays.

Digital_Boy
09-30-2009, 11:46 AM
I have a 15 year background in telco, communications and everything from component level to full system level troubleshooting for landline, terrestrial and satellite based cellular telephony systems. I've worked extensively with Cisco equipment, but don't have a CCNA. I was tracking through the Cisco Academy offered through the San Diego Community College program at the skills center down near National City, but had to stop due to schedule changes at AT&T.

Would the best path be to email my resume to you, or go through your company's website, or some other option?

ptdog
09-30-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a 15 year background in telco, communications and everything from component level to full system level troubleshooting for landline, terrestrial and satellite based cellular telephony systems. I've worked extensively with Cisco equipment, but don't have a CCNA. I was tracking through the Cisco Academy offered through the San Diego Community College program at the skills center down near National City, but had to stop due to schedule changes at AT&T.

Would the best path be to email my resume to you, or go through your company's website, or some other option?

PM sent.

6172crew
09-30-2009, 6:01 PM
Im on my final unit in the CCNA program, I hope something like this shows up north.

Not much experience, but should have the cert in a couple of weeks.