PDA

View Full Version : Czechpoint SA VS 58 rifle. Good?

dadoody
09-28-2009, 6:24 PM
Turns has it for 900 bucks. Anyone know if this is a decent rifle?

I have a Yugoslavian SKS that I'll probably sell off to compensate. Anyone know if this is a better alternative to the SKS or is it not as accurate or reliable?

This rifle is light and balanced when I felt it. Anyone ever fire this thing?

smlockdown
09-28-2009, 6:27 PM
do a search

69Mach1
09-28-2009, 6:29 PM
Excellent rifle, but avoid the plastic thumbhole stock.

dadoody
09-28-2009, 6:36 PM
Excellent rifle, but avoid the plastic thumbhole stock.

Bad stock? That's the only one turners has.

69Mach1
09-28-2009, 6:38 PM
Bad stock? That's the only one turners has.

Look up. Czechpoint has a banner here on Calguns. Just buy directly from them. Get the military configuration. I think it comes out cheaper too. They will pay your DROS, if that special is still valid.

69Mach1
09-28-2009, 6:40 PM
Would you rather have the cheezy black platic stock, or the beautiful red bakelite..
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/DSC03583.jpg

lineman66
09-28-2009, 8:40 PM
^^^
what he said, IMO looks and feels so much better.

mid range ak's will run you about the same price, get the VZ, you'll be glad you did.

reidnez
09-28-2009, 9:06 PM
Not to mention, Turners' ad lists it as a "non-detachable magazine" and shows it being top-loaded with stripper clips. Given that Turner's refuses to deal in any sort of OLL tomfoolery, this leads me to think that it might be a welded-magazine rifle, like the Bushmaster/Vulcan AR's that hardly anyone buys anymore. I could be wrong. Anyone know?

And you definitely don't want one of those when it's so easy to get a CA-legal, relatively unmolested rifle directly from the importer.

69Mach1
09-28-2009, 9:12 PM
Not to mention, Turners' ad lists it as a "non-detachable magazine" and shows it being top-loaded with stripper clips. Given that Turner's refuses to deal in any sort of OLL tomfoolery, this leads me to think that it might be a welded-magazine rifle, like the Bushmaster/Vulcan AR's that hardly anyone buys anymore. I could be wrong. Anyone know?

And you definitely don't want one of those when it's so easy to get a CA-legal, relatively unmolested rifle directly from the importer.

It's already been confirmed. Turner's version is not welded, but it is blocked and not a "bullet button" type lock. It's strictly a "top loader". The Czechpoint has a "BB" type lock.

Hoop
09-28-2009, 9:13 PM
Do they have a scope rail?

sevensix2x51
09-28-2009, 9:15 PM
when did bakelite become beautiful? i guess if you want to smack your power lines with the rifle, then you're gtg... :D:D:D

reidnez
09-28-2009, 9:17 PM
when did bakelite become beautiful? i guess if you want to smack your power lines with the rifle, then you're gtg... :D:D:D

Hey man, you never know. Here at CalGuns we are all about preparedness! When SHTF, you are going to need some way to test those downed power lines. :eek:

69Mach1
09-28-2009, 9:18 PM
Do they have a scope rail?
Nope.

Someone asked how I got the bakelite so shiny. It's just that way. They polished up the resin and it's smoooooth.

dadoody
09-28-2009, 9:55 PM
http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/files/images/vz58_007_01.jpg

If wood is for aestics and nothing else, then I dunno....synthetic looks prettttty nice :)

69Mach1
09-28-2009, 9:57 PM
http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/files/images/vz58_007_01.jpg

If wood is for aestics and nothing else, then I dunno....synthetic looks prettttty nice :)

Really? I think it's time for a pole. :)
Anyway, the bakelite isn't a wood stock. There are pieces of wood in it, but.....:D

campperrykid
09-29-2009, 3:55 AM
Turns has it for 900 bucks. Anyone know if this is a decent rifle?

I have a Yugoslavian SKS that I'll probably sell off to compensate. Anyone know if this is a better alternative to the SKS or is it not as accurate or reliable?

This rifle is light and balanced when I felt it. Anyone ever fire this thing?

D-Technik S. A. VZ58's from CzechPoint are GtG.
I grabbed a D-Technik S.A. during a group buy a year & a half ago. InRange set-up the buy back then , but D-Tech is the brand that CzechPoint-USA sells now. The D-Tech has run 100% with FMJ , HP , and SP ( several different brands including Wolf , Barnual, Gold Tiger , and S&B ) in all of over 20 mag's that I have tested.
I bought another brand in a group buy. It does OK for a plinker , with FMJ and with most Mag's.
CzechPoint-USA has a sub-forum on this site and over on theakforum.net.

ETA: PRI makes a rail for the VZ58. There are a couple of rail designs that are available in Canada as well.
CzechPoint is Rok steady -- they set the standard for VZ58 excellence -- nobody else comes close.

SPUTTER
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
BTW, there is another option besides the bakelite, they now have wood.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=225393

I suggest buying one directly from Czechpoint. Customer service is great too.

glennsche
09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
i currently have the sporter stock on my vz which i bought from the nice lads at czechpoint. i got it because a) i kinda wanted an evil black gun, and secondly because i think the wood composite stocks look terrible. however, i would looove to get (indeed, would've preferred) a nice wooden one, i'll look forward to that when/if its sold as a seperate stock set.

Crazed_SS
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
These things seem a bit pricey. What's the advantage to getting one of these over a Saiga 7.62 for half the price?

efnick
09-29-2009, 1:47 PM
hey so my question is; can i turn my turners raped vz58 into a bullet button using spare parts ordered off of cz's website? if so, anyone have an idea how?

09-29-2009, 1:51 PM
hey so my question is; can i turn my turners raped vz58 into a bullet button using spare parts ordered off of cz's website? if so, anyone have an idea how?

You can simply knock the pin off and replace it.

09-29-2009, 1:59 PM
These things seem a bit pricey. What's the advantage to getting one of these over a Saiga 7.62 for half the price?

You need to hold one in your hand and shoot it to see and feel the difference.

Design, quality, and accuracy are head and shoulder above the Saiga.

I can get 2-3MOA on the VZ against 4-6MOA from Saiga. The VZ is lighter, and smoother action. The gas system is also in tighter tolerance which has less fouling of carbon on the bolt and receiver.

Make friend to a VZ owner and try it out. :D

efnick
09-29-2009, 2:28 PM
im in love with my vz and havnt even shot it yet- quite a few field strips/ lubrications/ wipe-downs. im in need of a trip to "A place to shoot" in the valley here in california. my plans are to change it to all wood furniture and replace mag pin with bullet button release. anyone have pics and part numbers for the things i need to accomplish the mag mod? i dont even know how to get to the pin i need to remove...

campperrykid
10-02-2009, 7:59 AM
Rings true:

You need to hold one in your hand and shoot it to see and feel the difference.

Design, quality, and accuracy are head and shoulder above the Saiga.

I can get 2-3MOA on the VZ against 4-6MOA from Saiga. The VZ is lighter, and smoother action. The gas system is also in tighter tolerance which has less fouling of carbon on the bolt and receiver.

Make friend to a VZ owner and try it out. :D

Some other big time advatages:
Lighter weight.
Bolt locks back: Both ways -- manual and , after the last shot in the mag.
Can be loaded from the top with Czech stripper clips.
Changing from wood/bakelite to folding stock ( where & if legal ) is fast and easy.

The safety doesn't suck.
There's more -- but you can see where this is headed. Just make sure to get a D-Technic from CzechPoint.

NorthCountySC
10-04-2009, 1:49 PM
Turners has them on blowout price right now for 849.99. Last time i went into turner's they were 999.99

HeyZeus
10-04-2009, 5:26 PM
Turners is going to stop carrying them so get them soon. That is the rumor. I have the black plastic stock and i love it. As far as the bullet button just call Czeckpoint and they will ship one. It is a well made gun.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/pbcHeyZeus/100_2372.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/pbcHeyZeus/100_2374.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/pbcHeyZeus/100_2386.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/pbcHeyZeus/100_2378.jpg

campperrykid
10-10-2009, 5:23 AM
Czechpoint has some great flat rate deals. They pay the shipping and the FFL transfer fee.
www.czechpoint-usa.com

dadoody
10-10-2009, 8:34 AM
If the synthetic stock is still @ turners for 8-fiddy then I guess I'll buy it.