PDA

View Full Version : Quesion on Lowers For the local San Jose/South Bay/Easy bay folks

Flying Bones
09-28-2009, 4:25 PM
My friend is looking to pickup a lower or three in the San Jose, East Bay, South Bay area. I'm out of the loop on the deals down there. Are any of you locals aware of a place with a good price right now?
If he orders a spikes online, it'll cost $90+$30 dealer fee+25 dros +shipping $160ish total. Anyone down there going to have this beat?
Also, do you know of any shops will accept the lowers for DROS and what's their fee?
Thanks,
Josh

jchen76@gmail.com
09-28-2009, 5:26 PM
That's about as cheap as it goes.

Roger's relics will accept lowers for 65 for first lower.

You might find a cheap lower for around 110 - 120 around the area, + DROS + tax. That might squeak under your 160 amount.

Bullseye range in San rafael were selling house brand lowers for 90 + DROS + tax at the Cow Palace show last weekend.

swerv512
09-28-2009, 5:38 PM
$160 OTD cost sounds pretty darn good to me....

smarter
09-28-2009, 6:47 PM
bay area gun vault in mountain view has several selections of lowers. last time i was there they had s&w, stag, cmmg, and another brand. lowest priced one was 160, not sure if that included dros+fee,etc.

DK9mm
09-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountain View

J&R Sports Supply in Livermore

Irvington Arms in Fremont

Reeds in Santa Clara

All of the above carry OLL.

Ezekiel2000
09-29-2009, 6:56 AM
My friend is looking to pickup a lower or three in the San Jose, East Bay, South Bay area. I'm out of the loop on the deals down there. Are any of you locals aware of a place with a good price right now?
If he orders a spikes online, it'll cost $90+$30 dealer fee+25 dros +shipping $160ish total. Anyone down there going to have this beat?
Also, do you know of any shops will accept the lowers for DROS and what's their fee?
Thanks,
Josh

Who in this area does the transfer for $30??? That's a good price!

Actually if you're going to buy three lowers, or even just two, you could have them sent to J&R in Livermore, who I believe will charge $50 for up to 5 if they are ordered and DROSed at once...(10 bucks each if you get 5 at same time). Read this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=168337) for more info on J&R policy...and probably wouldn't hurt to check that the info there is still current. Buy 5 locks at Walmart before picking up...keep the locks receipt for easy return after.