PDA

View Full Version : Nightforce Velocity Reticle on SPR?

Rukus
09-28-2009, 9:19 AM
Has anyone used this reticle? It seems to be an easy style to work with, I am looking at purchasing optics for my SPR and think this would work out nicely. I am a total beginner when it comes to optics and after doing some research this sounds like it would be very user friendly.

I know I'm going to get the traditionalists who insist on getting a mildot reticle, but lets face it, I'm not an operator, this isn't a "field" rifle. Realistically this will see most use as a target shooter at known distances.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

phish
09-28-2009, 9:57 AM
It sounds like you know what you want the scope for, an moa reticle seems to fit the bill then. I've peeked through the new 2.5-10x32 NF scope, it's pretty sweet. My hang-up about these compensating reticles is that they're set for a certain bullet and speed, so you're kind of locked into one type of ammo if you want to maximize the reticle's usefullness. For shooting known distances, I don't see much need for this over an NP-R2 reticle. Hell, once you know your rifle's dope, you can just dial it into the scope with a simple duplex style reticle.

rksimple
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Bdc reticles are very ammo and condition specific. There's a reason most will tell you to get a mildot reticle or equivalent.