PDA

View Full Version : Surefire m910 vertical foregrip installation

waitwha?
09-27-2009, 8:29 PM
I purchased the surefire m910 foregrip off a friend for my ar15 and he had thrown away the manual. I have seen some pictures of people who have the light placed quite far back on the rail and some people who have it installed very far forward. Is there a "Proper" way to install the foregrip for maximum effectiveness or is it just a personal preference type thing?

For reference: http://www.surefire.com/M910A-Vertical-Foregrip

Plisk
09-27-2009, 8:55 PM
Ive used one, but don't own one. But I would guess you want to mount it as forward as is comfortable, so the light isn't obstucted by anything.

technique
09-27-2009, 8:58 PM
Its kinda a personal preference thing....Whatever is more comfortable for you.

joelogic
09-27-2009, 9:43 PM
From what I have seen it seems to have a lot to do with stance. I trained using a square stance so my forward grip is close to the mag well. But if you stand more bladed then the grip is out further for stability.

dieselpower
09-27-2009, 9:43 PM
Just don't mount it on the left side of the rail...I got funny looks when i did that...or maybe it was cuz the carry handle was on the right side...dont know.

I roll my way....

gunrun45
09-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Just don't mount it on the left side of the rail...I got funny looks when i did that...or maybe it was cuz the carry handle was on the right side...dont know.

I roll my way....

?????
This was a crazy picture in my head man!

Anyway...
I have owned one and shot extensively with one. That being said, I sold mine. Loved the light, hated the length of the grip.

I mounted mine in just about the center of the rail on my 16in barrel setup. Shadows were never really an issue with that light due to the intensity (I ran the larger head unit also). I have large ape-like arms though so my freak of nature frame is more acomidating than some others :rolleyes:

09-28-2009, 5:23 AM

Exactly

evollep3
09-30-2009, 10:59 PM

+1 i mount mines closer to me since i dont grip it fully

aplinker
10-01-2009, 12:02 AM
The best/most comfortable thing to do is to put it in the CG classifieds or on eBay.