PDA

View Full Version : Is this real or Photoshop/scam?

Chatterbox
09-27-2009, 6:29 PM
I found a website, http://cbrps.com , which professes to provide customized stocks for a variety of rifles. A quick search has shown no history or references to this site on other boards, but the pictures look...realistic. Interested in opinion of the community.

evollep3
09-27-2009, 6:34 PM
i like the 22

Hayashi Killian
09-27-2009, 6:36 PM
If it's a Photoshop it's a damn good one.

The domain name was registered back in June 10, 2009. It has real contact info and is being hosted on a reliable host (Homestead). I'd say it's not a Photoshop but just some new company.

strangerdude
09-27-2009, 6:53 PM
Looks real to me, If it is i'm getting that sks stock.

dieselpower
09-27-2009, 7:01 PM
I like the mosin nagant.

Stringer
09-27-2009, 7:04 PM
Me too! Pretty sweet stuff, even if it looks all mall ninja.

Fantasma
09-27-2009, 7:05 PM
I like the mosin nagant one.

joelberg
09-27-2009, 7:05 PM
Those look awesome. The bolt action bullpup seems a little strange to me, but it looks great.

Merc1138
09-27-2009, 7:08 PM
That would be one hell of a photoshop considering that they have a video towards the bottom of the page.

bomb_on_bus
09-27-2009, 7:21 PM
Now this is what I am talking about!

Can't wait to see them come out with a 5.56 or .308 platform............... just drooling over what that guy could design on the R700 platform.

WokMaster1
09-27-2009, 7:28 PM
I like the SKS short chasis. Wonder how it shoots.

brian24
09-27-2009, 7:32 PM
did you watch the video? I think that is papa smurf...:D

Richie Caketown
09-27-2009, 7:36 PM
looks real to me

StevieC
09-27-2009, 8:00 PM
the video was worth the download

that guy dropped an sks barreled action in there in about 6 seconds

sspen003
09-27-2009, 8:03 PM
Thats damn sweet. Looks real to me, but you never know. Doesnt look like they use much of the original gun though

StevieC
09-27-2009, 8:04 PM
watch the video

Fantasma
09-27-2009, 8:18 PM
Wow the video is Nice! makes that SKS look so cool....

Check out the videos....

Hey but would these even be legal? because of the pistol grip?

AJAX22
09-27-2009, 8:32 PM
That Nagant stock is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for my FBP16.... :D

I might even have to do another one just because...

mydogsmonkey
09-27-2009, 8:39 PM
man would love to seethese in some bolt precision gun, goodness with these cheap prices even with some added cost from bedding would still be a good deal, would be a good optioon for those who can't afford the $4-5K bullpup DTS gun

AlliedArmory
09-27-2009, 9:07 PM
looks legit to me. seems to be a home based establishment since some of the pics are taken on somebodys bed

dragonbait1a
09-27-2009, 11:39 PM
That Mosin stock looks heavy as all get out... the 22LR stocks remind me of District 9, not a bad thing.

RGB

Maltese Falcon
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
...some serious out of box designs... let's hope they are sucessful.

nic
09-28-2009, 7:42 AM
Very surprised that there's no Ruger 10/22 version on their site...

Clydedog
09-28-2009, 8:15 AM
...the site mentioned that a 10/22 as well as a Mauser stock was on it's way. It did seem strange that they would have a Mossberg Plinkster stock before a 10/22 stock....

xibunkrlilkidsx
09-28-2009, 8:15 AM
Very surprised that there's no Ruger 10/22 version on their site...

GOOD I WASNT THE ONLY ONE! i didnt see any mention of it on their site. but that would be sweet.

but i am curious about a R700 model. that would be sweet if the stock was going to be go of good quality. i would love a bullpup bolt, like the desert tactical arms..mmmmm sexy.

mydogsmonkey
09-28-2009, 8:20 AM
i sent the guy an e-mail about any future designs for a stock for one of those bolt action guns such as a remington 700 or savage 10. ill let u guys know if he replies

professionalcoyotehunter
09-28-2009, 8:22 AM
Anyone order anything from him yet to see if it was a dupe or not?

ChrisDM
09-28-2009, 8:38 AM
I found a website, http://cbrps.com , which professes to provide customized stocks for a variety of rifles. A quick search has shown no history or references to this site on other boards, but the pictures look...realistic. Interested in opinion of the community.

Ummm, there's videos on that page as well....

ChrisDM
09-28-2009, 8:39 AM
GOOD I WASNT THE ONLY ONE! i didnt see any mention of it on their site. but that would be sweet.

but i am curious about a R700 model. that would be sweet if the stock was going to be go of good quality. i would love a bullpup bolt, like the desert tactical arms..mmmmm sexy.

Its in the "Coming Soon" section.

StevieC
09-28-2009, 8:42 AM
I was wondering how the trigger is on the sks
the sks already has a terrible trigger and then add the false trigger, a linkage rod, and a plastic disc to actuate it

Clydedog
09-28-2009, 8:46 AM
Anyone order anything from him yet to see if it was a dupe or not?

....It'll be intresting to get some feedback from the first person who takes the plunge. I'd love to read some reviews. Their website is promising more info and some upcoming videos of their products. Guess I'll just wait and see. I've already taken the plunge on the Shernic SKS bullpup, got one on pre-order. I'm hoping for delivery within a month and am crossing my fingers...:rolleyes:

mydogsmonkey
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
heres the e-mail i got, bigger guns seem like a no go, especially those with heavy recoil

Ernest -

Thank you for the query and the interest.

When time allows, I do investigage other possibilities. There are some structural requirements at the front end of a given receiver that qualify barrelled actions for our system. With limited recoil some of these items present less of an issue. However, with increase in recoil force due to caliber increase, the trunnion must be of such a nature to interlock with our grip system.

Regrettably, neither the Remington 700 or Savage 110 have the structural element needed to accomodate concerns for extreme recoil utilizing our CBRPS system.

Secondarily, one of the signature elements of our Patent is the barrel nesting in our mounting system. As such, the normal bedding process I believe you are referencing is not possible in the CBRPS.

Again, I thank you for your visit to the site and hope you are able to accomodate your clients with a suitable product for your parameters.

Best regards,

Bernie Rolfe

Pistolwhipped
09-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I just ordered the Mosin set up. I will video the build and give you guys a feel review. Then ill take it to the range.

Hayashi Killian
09-28-2009, 1:06 PM
I would like to know about the Mosin set up. Would be interesting. Please do let us know.

ar15barrels
09-28-2009, 2:35 PM

It's now possible to produce a 100% finished looking plastic prototype from a design without ever going through the whole process of making molds.
The pictures you see are of real stocks, though they may not be the exact same thing you would get if the designs ever get produced through normal injection molding processes.

Here is a link to a 3d printer.
Watch the demo yourself.

http://www.dimensionprinting.com/

stix213
09-28-2009, 2:40 PM
Nice, maybe I should do this to the Mosin Nagant I'm picking up friday

Seesm
09-28-2009, 6:23 PM
Pretty nice stuff... Looks expensive.

Chatterbox
09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
I just ordered the Mosin set up. I will video the build and give you guys a feel review. Then ill take it to the range.

Very curious about the end result. Did you get a shipping date?

zhyla
09-29-2009, 2:17 PM
A bullpup 10/22 could be fun I guess. An AK would be pretty awesome too.

Bizcuits
09-29-2009, 2:25 PM
hmm same concept as the bullpups for the rugers, my guess is its real

mif_slim
09-29-2009, 3:08 PM
I hate ALL bullpup designs except for the AUG. Reason is because THEIR NOT LEFTY FRIENDLY!! But I do love how they look though. :)

Victory
09-29-2009, 3:26 PM
The video game geek in me wants a few of these, as they remind me of some of the rifles in Frontlines: Fuel of War.

I'll be watching this thread, that's for sure!

-Vic

JayRuff
09-29-2009, 5:19 PM
looks so futuristic

916Plinker
09-29-2009, 5:24 PM
One pimped out Mosin Nagant:eek:

Pistolwhipped
09-29-2009, 5:42 PM
No shipping date yet. I should have one by the end of this week.

I will keep you guys posted.

Very curious about the end result. Did you get a shipping date?

Brianguy
09-29-2009, 5:53 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting your review :cool:

Pistolwhipped
09-29-2009, 5:58 PM
I am too! I will have it up in a couple weeks.:D

I'm anxiously awaiting your review :cool:

bondmid003
09-29-2009, 6:21 PM
Is it just me or does the system make the 22 look like the rifle from Halo?

MikeR
09-29-2009, 6:30 PM
To bad im a left eye dominate a-hole. :mad:

It's now possible to produce a 100% finished looking plastic prototype from a design without ever going through the whole process of making molds.
The pictures you see are of real stocks, though they may not be the exact same thing you would get if the designs ever get produced through normal injection molding processes.

Watch the demo yourself.

^Soooo fricken sweet!!!^ I saw a very large one used to make F1 molds, technology kicks ***!! AND HEY its under $15k lol I look forward to the day when i can goto Best Buy and pick up my 3D printer for under $100. I would never get out of the house!

Pistolwhipped
09-29-2009, 6:31 PM
Hey guys I inquired about what comes with the kit and this is the response I got:

Kevin -

There are video instructions that come with the unit.

The unit comes in three pieces, front (including trigger mechanism) and rear and scope mount.

After you have removed the wood stock and front sight from the barrelled action:

1) The barrelled action slides into the cavity above the pistol grip until the Mosin rear sight butts into the rear of the scope mount, and the mounting trunnion fits over the Mosin mounting trunnion. The screw that held the front of the Mosin receiver is fed through the magazine and the mounting trunnion and screwed in. This is the critical recoil affected area of the CBRPS. Make sure the screw is in properly and as tight as possible.

2) After aligning the CBRPS trigger engagement piece on the face of the factory trigger, the Mosin bolt is opened, locked up and open and the buttstock slips over and is attached with two screws, one on each side at the rear of the center balanced grip, while the buttstock is compressed against the angled rear Mosin receiver machine bolt.

3) The 4 scope mount allen screws attach the scope mount on the shroud. The last item - the barrel lock screw is tightened with the allen wrench until the barrel is snug.

This process normally takes no more than 2-3 minutes. we provide you with the allen screws and wrenches.

Your unit is then ready for optics.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I guess from what they say the front sight needs to be removed. How much of the front sight needs to be removed I am unsure. I hope there is no grinding involved because that would mean that I would have to get another mosin all together because I don't want to destroy the only mosin I have.

Any of your thoughts are appreciated just incase I over looked something.

Brianguy
09-29-2009, 8:18 PM
The wait is killing me! I hope you paid for overnight delivery:D btw how much was shipping?

Hey guys I inquired about what comes with the kit and this is the response I got:

Kevin -

There are video instructions that come with the unit.

The unit comes in three pieces, front (including trigger mechanism) and rear and scope mount.

After you have removed the wood stock and front sight from the barrelled action:

1) The barrelled action slides into the cavity above the pistol grip until the Mosin rear sight butts into the rear of the scope mount, and the mounting trunnion fits over the Mosin mounting trunnion. The screw that held the front of the Mosin receiver is fed through the magazine and the mounting trunnion and screwed in. This is the critical recoil affected area of the CBRPS. Make sure the screw is in properly and as tight as possible.

2) After aligning the CBRPS trigger engagement piece on the face of the factory trigger, the Mosin bolt is opened, locked up and open and the buttstock slips over and is attached with two screws, one on each side at the rear of the center balanced grip, while the buttstock is compressed against the angled rear Mosin receiver machine bolt.

3) The 4 scope mount allen screws attach the scope mount on the shroud. The last item - the barrel lock screw is tightened with the allen wrench until the barrel is snug.

This process normally takes no more than 2-3 minutes. we provide you with the allen screws and wrenches.

Your unit is then ready for optics.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I guess from what they say the front sight needs to be removed. How much of the front sight needs to be removed I am unsure. I hope there is no grinding involved because that would mean that I would have to get another mosin all together because I don't want to destroy the only mosin I have.

Any of your thoughts are appreciated just incase I over looked something.

ar15barrels
09-29-2009, 8:42 PM
I look forward to the day when i can goto Best Buy and pick up my 3D printer for under $100. I would never get out of the house!

Are you going to buy the real-flesh cartridge with the printer? :eek:

JohnBrian
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Are you going to buy the real-flesh cartridge with the printer? :eek:
:drool5: :tt2:

Stamatos
09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
I'd love to drop one of my Norincos in one of these but it says it is for the Yugo SKS, that kinda sucks :(
Anyone know if it would fit anyway?

Hayashi Killian
09-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Best way to find out is to e-mail them and ask them.

harmoniums
09-30-2009, 9:50 AM
So I ordered one, Bernie the owner had one made up for me.
He doesn't bill till he has the unit in hand ready to ship (Shernic could take a hint here).

He also sent me a pic of the actual unit he's sending out to me today
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2480/3968687951_84dd91e72f_b.jpg

I should have it by the weekend and will write up a review

Pistolwhipped
09-30-2009, 9:55 AM
Shipping is only $14!! Not bad.

The wait is killing me! I hope you paid for overnight delivery:D btw how much was shipping?

Pistolwhipped
09-30-2009, 9:56 AM
Awesome I can't wait to see what these are actually like.

So I ordered one, Bernie the owner had one made up for me.
He doesn't bill till he has the unit in hand ready to ship (Shernic could take a hint here).

He also sent me a pic of the actual unit he's sending out to me today
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2480/3968687951_84dd91e72f_b.jpg

I should have it by the weekend and will write up a review

motorhead
09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
their instructions read like translation from chinese.

doughboy334
09-30-2009, 8:52 PM
if this works well this should bring some new life to my beater mosin

tankerman
09-30-2009, 9:06 PM
Sure looks like you'll be putting your face right on top of the SKS bolt, hope you buy quality ammo.

MrSlippyFist
09-30-2009, 9:32 PM
Meh. Looks like anime crap.

harmoniums
10-02-2009, 3:45 PM
OK the stock arrived today, looks good, maybe a lil bit "alpha"
I'll put up a video review later tonight.
What would you gheys like me to wear?

ar15barrels
10-02-2009, 4:10 PM
I'll put up a video review later tonight.

A bananna hammock.
Nothing else.

Merc1138
10-02-2009, 4:43 PM

Borat swimsuit http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00426/Borat_280_426010a.jpg

doughboy334
10-02-2009, 4:51 PM
WE NEED A PIC NOW! :eek:

(of course of the new drop in stock)

evollep3
10-02-2009, 5:18 PM
just so you know im trying to find a damn SKS now lol

DNA
10-08-2009, 12:07 AM
any updates?

Dan

Brianguy
10-08-2009, 12:26 AM
I guess he likes the stock so much he hasn't been able to pry himself from it to post a review:D

ShelbyGT500
10-08-2009, 1:36 AM
some of those remind me of Starship Troopers rifles

mmartin
10-08-2009, 2:09 AM
Watch the demo yourself.

oh OH oh I SooooOOo want one of those!!!! :eek:

<<<technology envy>>> :D:D :tt1:
megan

gunrun45
10-08-2009, 5:15 AM
Very interested in a review...
Anything more?
A company that offers the all-elusive SKS bulpup stock AND a mosin stock... I never even dared to dream about a bulpup mosin stock that I didn't have to make myself.

Chatterbox
10-08-2009, 7:41 AM
His review is here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=228060

Brianguy
10-08-2009, 11:27 AM
His review is here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=228060

damn looks a little disappointing. Thanks for the link. Now we just need the mosin review:cool:

tiger222
10-08-2009, 12:17 PM
very cool - i like the white ones, reminds me of the district 9 guns.
though after seeing the review, the home cobbled look ruins it for me :(

Pistolwhipped
10-08-2009, 1:18 PM
I was lucky enough to get a look at a friends before I purchased the Mosin stock.
When I went over to his house to check it out I was so disappointed with the fit and finish. I was really looking forward to a cool new fun way to enjoy the cheap guns. First imppressions are DAMN! it looked awesome but after futher inspection the kick in the gut came around. The plactic parts and covers look like they were cut from sheets and the edges were rough and even on some parts sharp and will remove skin. It looks more of a toy then something I would put on an actual fire arm. As he said everything is attached to the stock its self so therefor there is shifting and any type of optic you wish to use will move a few MOA after each shot(especially with the Mosin). The installation is simple and quick. Takes maybe 5 min if you've never removed a Mosin stock before. The action and the barrel seem to be nice and tight in its new home and should prove to be very accurate providing the optics mount is fixed and somehow trued to the reciever.
All in all I am not bashing this product at all if there was a way you could leave the Iron sights on and use them I would own one. I wish I could post pics of his new stock but he hasn't emailed them to me yet. But if you look at the link in this thread to the other review its almost exactly the same finish.

I would give these stocks a 4/5 rating and the only reason it scores so high is for being the first to make something pretty cool looking like this and ease of installation.

Like my fellow Calgunner said in his review they have a ways to go before I think they are worth the almost $400 price tag.

Kev~

bomb_on_bus
10-12-2009, 4:17 PM
I think these will be retooled and the finished product will get better with time but I would also expect to see a jump in price.

But then again it isnt everyday you see a tacticool mosin!

Brianguy
10-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Anyone else buy one?

Greenspartan117
10-24-2009, 4:46 AM
some of those remind me of Starship Troopers rifles

Think Master Chief... BR time!!!!