PDA

View Full Version : AK trigger?

1siktkt
09-27-2009, 10:08 AM
How difficult is it to change a single hook trigger out to a double hook and is there a big advantage to it?:confused:

SJgunguy24
09-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Not hard at all, but you'll need to make a cut in the receiver to allow the other hook to rotate.

Redchevyman
09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
There is no advantage to a double hook trigger over a single hook. But if you decide to buy a double hook, I have them on my web site http://www.rcmgunparts.com

God Bless The Mauser
09-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Most AKs never had double hook triggers originally except for Yugoslavian AKs.

sspen003
09-27-2009, 12:24 PM
No Advantage. Replacing the stock one is highly recommended in order to get rid of trigger slap though

1siktkt
09-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks
I knew I could count on ya'll to help me.
I'll keep the single hook and just replace it with a tapco.

Redchevy I took a look at your site thanks.

duraglock
09-27-2009, 1:07 PM
Yeah no advantage. Tons of builds and they all have single hooks. Also have tapco and arsenal trigger groups listed.

vandal
09-27-2009, 1:48 PM
There is an advantage if the first slot is cut too long (NDS-3). You can cut the 2nd slot to the proper length and correct overtravel trigger problems using a double-hook.

duraglock
09-27-2009, 4:23 PM
Vandal I wonder what serial number range with the nds -3 has those problems. I have 3 nds 3s that have single hooks that I shoot all the matches with. I will have to try and find out .

vandal
09-27-2009, 5:29 PM
All 3 NDS-3 receivers I've had had a single slot, cut too long. It did lead to "function problems" with the Tapco G2 trigger set. Fun! Gunplumber has great instructions on how to modify the G2 double-hook triggers to work right with the NDS-3s.

Compare the length of the NDS-3 slot to the AK-builder flats.

The other NDS receivers have always had the right length slots.

Vandal I wonder what serial number range with the nds -3 has those problems. I have 3 nds 3s that have single hooks that I shoot all the matches with. I will have to try and find out .

gregorylucas
09-27-2009, 6:08 PM
I was under the impression that the double hook served as a backup so that if one of your hooks broke you would at least have another one to fall back on.

Also this could be the quality of the rifle but the double hook seems ALOT smoother on the trigger pull (WASR vs Vector AK's).

Greg

sspen003
09-27-2009, 6:46 PM
That would make sense. Not really sure though. When I built my AK I was reading on the subject and read something to the notion that double hooks wont work on some ak applications. I figured I would stay on the safe side and just get the single hook