PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Backlog

FullMetalJacket
09-26-2009, 10:24 PM
There doesn't seem to be any 8-10 month backlog warnings on the DPMS website anymore...Is anyone having reasonably fast turnaround ordering uppers, etc. from them?

I know the frenzy seems to be over, but I don't want to pull the trigger on a new purchase only to find out it's the better part of a year from delivery...

cr042202
09-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I saw that too on their websight so I called and the person I talked to said its atleast a 6 month wait

wooger
09-27-2009, 7:51 AM
6 to 12 month wait depending on parts.

swerv512
09-27-2009, 7:53 AM
nope, i waited 25 weeks for mine....

FullMetalJacket
09-27-2009, 9:44 AM
Thanks, all.

SkatinJJ
09-27-2009, 11:46 AM
There doesn't seem to be any 8-10 month backlog warnings on the DPMS website anymore...Is anyone having reasonably fast turnaround ordering uppers, etc. from them?

I know the frenzy seems to be over, but I don't want to pull the trigger on a new purchase only to find out it's the better part of a year from delivery...

I ordered a .308 upper from them in september 2008.

Still, no joy.

Choose wisely on who you will depend.

JJ

P.S. Please note that it was before the "Obama Sales Craze"

Barney Gumble
09-27-2009, 12:40 PM

DPMS .308 or 5.56?

There's no reason to wait for 5.56 DMPS parts when you can get other stuff all over the internet, no waiting.

dachan
09-27-2009, 1:02 PM
There is pretty much no wait for DPMS 5.56 stuff. All the distributors have DPMS rifles, uppers and lowers in stock available for immediate shipping. An order direct from DPMS today is taking about 4wks; my order for kits placed 6wks ago shipped last week.

1GooDDaDDy
10-03-2009, 3:09 PM
Just saw this thread. It seems I was a little late to the party.
I've been drooling over building me up an AR 308 type long gun lately. (I already have 3 AR-15's in the house since Nov. 4th, 2008).
A few days ago, I went directly to DPMS's web site and ordered a custom Model: 308-BA-18, 18" .308 Bull Barrel Assembly from them.
$1088.00 total. Put it on my card.
There was no "Out of Stock" warning on the page, or any other indication of any delays in shipping as I filled out the necessary forms, so I assumed all was well.
Yesterday, I received a conformation e-mail with the run down of my order but again, with no shipping date included.

I e-mailed them this morning with this:

Hi,
Since ordering my custom upper on line from DPMS several days ago, (order #W55474), I've spent many hours on different gun forums, (including DPMSís own web site), getting a better understanding of my new rifle.

From what I was able to glean from all that reading, it became evident that a turn around/shipping time/wait time, for the upper is well over 12-18 months. And, it has many, many jam problems. Is this true?

There was no indication of this long wait time anywhere on your web site, (Iíve looked everywhere, maybe Iíve missed it), or even something said about the shipping date on my order confirmation e-mail that I received just yesterday.
Please let me know what my shipping date is.

Thanks.

Me.

I'm not waiting a year or more for my .308, not when the "Zombie Horde", coming over my fence, is only a few months away.
I'm giving them a call on Monday morning to see what's up.

Any thoughts?

Not Over.