PDA

View Full Version : California Legalities.

jaytee
09-26-2009, 9:32 PM
Ok, please excuse my ignorance, but I have searched around and can't seem to find an appropriate answer...
I want to build (my first) AR, so I am am wondering - can I use an OLL and still use any parts? Example, I buy an OLL and use all RAA parts.. is that still legal?
The reason I ask is that I've seen an AR kit that I would buy tomorrow, but it's RRA, which I believe, is not Cali legal... or is it just the RRA lower is not legal, so I could have all RRA rifle (but not just the lower receiver) and that would be ok?? Yep, it's confusing, especially for me...

technique
09-26-2009, 9:35 PM
RRA is a tricky one. They are listed as configurations...

Buy your RRA kit and use a different lower. Or- be specific to what kit, it may not be a listed configuration and you may be safe with a RRA lower too....

But I would just get a different lower.

technique
09-26-2009, 9:40 PM
More reading material on the subject.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=141885

Ross
09-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I think you are asking "if I have an OLL, can I use any parts to build it?".
If this is accuarate, the answer is yes. If you have a line on an RRA and want to swap all the pieces and parts over, go for it. Make sure you have a BB though and it is completely semi (no burst action). Also, do it out of state and then sell the RRA lower for $80 - $100.

Course if that is not what you are asking...

Greg-Dawg
09-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Just don't build the Rock River Arms on the list.

technique
09-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Let me put this bluntly:

RRA lower(LAR-15) - Legal
RRA parts - Legal

The combination of the two built together - hazardous, use caution - see above link I provided.

old and wary
09-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I agree with Techique

evidens83
09-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I have a complete RRA LAR15 lower. As long as its not mated with a RRA upper you are GTG!