PDA

View Full Version : mopnsterman alternative cow palace gun show

jesse3533
09-26-2009, 4:17 PM
Hi to all I was at the Sf cow palace gun show this last sat (sat sept.19 2009) and I saw a product that was very interesting!!!! It was what looked like a piece of abs plastic heated up and formed around the pistolgrip of a rifle, secured in place with 3 small screws. The vendor said it was a great alternative to the monstermangrip. I handled the ar that had the product affixed to it and to my great suprise I was incredibly comfortable. Unlike the monsterman grips I have held before. Instead of putting the largest meat of the plastic down the middle of the grip they pushed it very far over to the left of the grip which allowed you hold the grip firmly.and to top it off. they added an ambie safety selector switch where your thumb rested very comfortably I might add. Does any one have any extra info on these vendors. they were charging 40 bucks for the grip attatchment and it looked well worth the money. Anyone have any more info on theese guys at all?

jchen76@gmail.com
09-26-2009, 4:19 PM
http://www.solartactical.com/

http://www.solartactical.com/category.sc?categoryId=19

The vendor is on the forum.

Saigon1965
09-26-2009, 4:25 PM
What's up Jesse? The guy's screen name is Duraglock -

KAVEMAN762
09-26-2009, 4:48 PM
i like the monsterman grip, the grip angle is pretty good when shooting in the prone position. But I never seen that before, nice find

duraglock
09-26-2009, 7:25 PM
Jesse order from the website in the special notes section put that you want an offset for a right or left hand shooter. We got tons of great feedback and sales at the show.

joelogic
09-26-2009, 7:29 PM
Buy this grip and never look back.

Flogger23m
09-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Looks good. I am thinking of replacing my MMG with one.

Acorn556
09-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I bought one of these and I love it. I have the off set right handed one and I actually like it even MORE shooting left handed. I'm able to rest my thumb on the safety selector and shoot. It's a great deal and duraglock let me pick it up from his house. I probably shot the breeze with him longer than I needed since he was working on other things. Awesome guy.

VaderSpade
09-27-2009, 7:53 AM
It comes down to what feels best to each end user. I was holding out for a U-16. When I finely gave up on that idea I bought the solar tactical.
I didn't like it, but I had already built my featureless AR so I bit the bullet and bought a MMG. Day and night differences for me I like the MMG (can't say I love it as I would rather not have either). In either case you will need a left handed/ambidextrous safety.