JohnZ
09-26-2009, 2:47 PM
Deleted

Vin496
09-26-2009, 2:55 PM
Your joking right?

rocketrod
09-26-2009, 3:01 PM
Yup, gotta find an evil-rifle friendly FFL and re-do that puppy, or the Dark Glasses 'n' Black Helicopter guys are gonna be at your door...

I'd be interested to see what the heck the DOJ was referring to in that letter.

rocketrod
09-26-2009, 3:01 PM
Yup, gotta find a black-rifle friendly FFL and re-do that puppy, or the Dark Glasses 'n' Black Helicopter guys are gonna be at your door...

I'd be interested to see what the heck the DOJ was referring to in that letter.

fairfaxjim
09-26-2009, 3:06 PM
:lurk5: Holy Crap! This oughta get interesting!

inkedshooter
09-26-2009, 3:07 PM
First this post should be in the FFL section. Second you should do a PPT transfer through an FFL, NOT get a form from the DOJ website. Some of us have done pleanty and know the routine. Go to a gun shop, buyer fills out the yellow firearms reg form, gun dealer does their online log and asks for seller and buyer's ID, dealer prints out form, buyer and seller signs, buyer and seller puts their right thumb print on back of paper, pay PPT fee and buyer waits 10 days.

5shot
09-26-2009, 3:13 PM
Last year I bought a rifle but no gun store near me would do the transfer, it was a Ak with a monsterman grip. But the seller said we could do it with a private party transfer form. He got the form off the California DOJ website I believe, we both filled it out and he sent it in. Then a few months later I recieved a letter from the DOJ saying the transaction was complete. Does anyone know what this form is technically called and where I can find it. The reason I ask is because my friend would like to buy on of my Ak's but the local dealer is telling me it has to have a radlock and I dont want to waste my time and money when I dont have to. Thanks

I've actually had a FFL give me the forms to do the mail in registration. This one:

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf

JohnZ
09-26-2009, 3:34 PM
5shot, that is what I filled out

imtnt10
09-26-2009, 3:43 PM
Sales, Loans, or Transfers of Firearms
It is unlawful for a person who is not a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Penal Code section 12071, to sell, loan, or otherwise transfer a firearm to a non-licensed person unless the sale, loan,or transfer is completed through a licensed firearms dealer. (Penal Code 12071, 12072, 12082.)
Exceptions
1) The dealer licensing and reporting requirements do not apply to the sale, lease, or transfer of any firearm in the following instances (Penal Code 12078(u)):
Firearms obtained by individuals through operation of law, such as:
- the executor or administrator of an estate;
- a trustee in a bankruptcy proceeding;
- an assignee for creditors;
- a receiver for an estate in receivership;
- a surviving spouse;
- a transfer of property between spouses.

5shot
09-26-2009, 3:47 PM
5shot, that is what I filled out

---

5shot
09-26-2009, 4:02 PM
Sales, Loans, or Transfers of Firearms
It is unlawful for a person who is not a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Penal Code section 12071, to sell, loan, or otherwise transfer a firearm to a non-licensed person unless the sale, loan,or transfer is completed through a licensed firearms dealer. (Penal Code 12071, 12072, 12082.)
Exceptions
1) The dealer licensing and reporting requirements do not apply to the sale, lease, or transfer of any firearm in the following instances (Penal Code 12078(u)):
• Firearms obtained by individuals through operation of law, such as:
- the executor or administrator of an estate;
- a trustee in a bankruptcy proceeding;
- an assignee for creditors;
- a receiver for an estate in receivership;
- a surviving spouse;
- a transfer of property between spouses.

That's very true, and the absolute best way to do things.

IsaacGlass
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds like LEO is going to be ringing peoples door bell in the near future.