PDA

View Full Version : AK Parts Help

1siktkt
09-26-2009, 1:43 PM
I am looking for some parts to upgrade my Romanian and Hungarian AK(s)

First the list: Tapco collapsible T6 UTG quad rail
Low profile mount for the side rail on the romanian
trigger ERGO grip Tapco full stock
2 gas pistons (US made) Single point sling adaptor

Second Questions??
Am I missing anything?
Who has the best prices/is it a Calgun friendly person??

Thanks for the help, Finally want to complete the projects from 8-9yrs :eek:ago.After these are done then it is going to be the AR's turn;)

technique
09-26-2009, 1:47 PM
Redchevyman for the Tapco stuff.

duraglock
09-26-2009, 4:54 PM
Have some option listed at solartactical.com. Dont have the vltor stock adapters yet but the have built in single point adapters and are top notch.

sspen003
09-26-2009, 5:10 PM
Stay away from UTG stuff. Its cheap pot metal thats only meant to be used on Airsoft

1siktkt
09-27-2009, 5:34 AM
thanks for the help

sspen003 have you had bad luck with UTG? I have one quad rail on one of my aks and it seems like a solid secure mount

Requiem
09-27-2009, 8:47 AM
People have mixed opinions on UTG products. I suspect it's cause they're so much lower in price that people rag on em so much, but if it does the same job as a similar product that's $100s more why not go for it?

sspen003
09-27-2009, 11:17 AM
The product works fine, its just UTG was not meant for real firearms. They are simply parts for airsoft guns. It sounds foolish to put something that is made in china from cheap pot metal on a GUN.

Just how I feel. It will work for what you want it too but I just recommend that you spend the extra 50-60 bucks now and get something your proud of and that will last a lifetime.

I had a UTG Quad rail on my AR, but quickly changed it out when to A Midwest Industries one when I found out what UTG was

1siktkt
09-27-2009, 1:57 PM
sspen003 thanks for the input what rail system you have on your AK? If you got a pic handy that'd be great, I'm wanting to finish putting that parts list together and order stuff then I need to decide what kind of paint scheme I wanna do on them

sspen003
09-27-2009, 2:02 PM
Your building one? I just finished mine about 3 weeks ago.

Im using a Tapco furniture set. It has a rail on the bottom covered by a handguard and a removable rail on the top. Lighter weight and built for a gun!

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=STK06311BLACK

Here is a pick of the AK. Sorry dont have any with the new stock set on it

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu118/sspen003/IMG_5390.jpg

sspen003
09-27-2009, 2:07 PM
Alright here ya go

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu118/sspen003/IMG_5411.jpg

1siktkt
09-27-2009, 3:45 PM
Nice
No I'm not building them I have 2 RAW AKs and I'm just modifying them to make them more user friendly. My FEG has a lame thumbhole stock and I want to put a collaspible on it and the Romy has a tapco waiting for it I need to get the rest of the compliance parts and I want to mount a holo or red dot on it with the siderail scope mount but all ones I've seen are too tall. Any suggestions are welcome.

sspen003
09-27-2009, 3:47 PM
screw the red dots etc... its an AK. The Iron sights are all you need

1siktkt
09-28-2009, 4:51 AM
Red dot more for low light conditions and fast target aquisition
sspen003 that a real ACOG on the AR?? I wanted one of those but couldn't justify the cost

sspen003
09-28-2009, 8:56 AM
sspen003 that a real ACOG on the AR?? I wanted one of those but couldn't justify the cost

Yeah its real. I said the same thing but when I started looking for optics I knew I would just end up replacing it down the road with something I could "grow into."

If you shop around you can get a good deal. I got mine for 600 on this forum. Saved about 400 bucks. Check ebay and the for sale thread often and you will find something that works for you.

Word of advice though. Stick with proven brands. Trijicon, EOTech or Aimpoint.

drummerdude1188
09-28-2009, 10:04 AM

Are you planning on using this rifle in a serious role (like your "bump in the night" gun) or a range toy?

1siktkt
09-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Mostly a "range toy" but also for SHTF at home (and Mr. Kimber or Mr.Glock can't handle it)or if it really hits the fan and I have to "bug out". I wouldn't put an ACOG on an AK but I would like to put something it (AK). I have a Holosight on one of my ARs and like it a lot.