PDA

View Full Version : Rock river complete rifle kit legal?

trevork22
09-26-2009, 1:12 PM
I am going to buy a Mega lower receiver at a gun shop here in CA. i put in an order for complete Rock River rifle kit and i was wondering if that will be legal with the "OLL" and if I get a bullet button with 10 round magazine. here is the link to what I ordered

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=199

technique
09-26-2009, 1:15 PM
you're good!!!!

trevork22
09-26-2009, 1:24 PM
check out this website and click on the roster of ak and ar-15 weapons. Rock river is on there and it shows Car A4 flat top. is this referring to what my gun will be or is it just talking about if you don't have an OLL or fixed magazine?

shark92651
09-26-2009, 1:27 PM
But you said you were going to use a Mega lower receiver - your gun will be marked Mega, not RRA.

swerv512
09-26-2009, 2:01 PM
yes, legal.

trevork22
09-26-2009, 3:07 PM
ok cool. so the only thing that matters is the lower receiver? you can have any other evil features as long as the mag is fixed with a 10 round clip? thanks for your quick replies. I really appreciate it

Greg-Dawg
09-26-2009, 3:12 PM
ok cool. so the only thing that matters is the lower receiver? you can have any other evil features as long as the mag is fixed with a 10 round clip? thanks for your quick replies. I really appreciate it

Clip.:cool:

You can get a Rock River Arms complete AR as long as it's not on the list.

trevork22
09-26-2009, 11:50 PM
has anyone really had cops stopping the at the range or anything to see their rifles? the only thing i can imagine is if you are transporting it to the range or something and get pulled over

oaklander
09-26-2009, 11:59 PM
I've heard of no problems at ranges. Even though the rifle is legal, I would use caution transporting. . . as with any OLL.

See this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186405

has anyone really had cops stopping the at the range or anything to see their rifles? the only thing i can imagine is if you are transporting it to the range or something and get pulled over

9-12
09-27-2009, 7:34 AM
I have a copy of the flow chart and lists of banned lowers (both available on this site) with me at all times when I'm transporting my rifles. They're a full 8-1/2" x 11" size piece of paper and I went to Kinko's and had them laminated in clear plastic. I know that if a cop wants to take your guns, he's going to take them and you're not going to stop him, but having the law in two forms right there to show him im full color (and black and white) may be helpful. A lot of LE aren't 100% clear on the laws regarding legal AR style rifles. I believe RR LAR15 lower receivers and complete rifles (with mag lock of some sort) are CA legal, but don't quote me.

trevork22
09-27-2009, 2:11 PM
printing them out is a good idea. i'm sure i will do that.