PDA

View Full Version : Ak47 bolt dislodged/stuck can't remove bolt spring

Don'tTreadOnMe
09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Anyone had this where the bolt gets dislodged and the bolt carrier is not really movable because the recoil spring is holding it in place? And Hammer is in fired position stuck.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/152/picturel.jpg (http://img264.imageshack.us/i/picturel.jpg/)

Can't seem to remove the spring to remove the bolt carrier to move the bolt :mad:

Thanks.

technique
09-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Let me guess...you were cleaning a rifle that needs no cleaning, were reinserting the bolt and carrier and the bolt fell out?

A punch and a hammer is what I would do....its an AK, you can light it on fire and it might help.

Don'tTreadOnMe
09-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Let me guess...you were cleaning a rifle that needs no cleaning, were reinserting the bolt and carrier and the bolt fell out?

A punch and a hammer is what I would do....its an AK, you can light it on fire and it might help.

Hah. Actually I was installing an M1 Hand Guard on it, and yeah, the bolt fell out after inserting recoil spring :(

The hammer seems to be the main problem now, not being able to go back into position stuck against the dislodged bolt.

Thanks.

technique
09-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Just try and manipulate it as best you can....the hammer should have some play. Push it down and try to move the bolt as far forward as possible, then see if you can move the carrier forward a bit....then the spring.

technique
09-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Nevermind....just noticed the hammer in the fired position...

Don'tTreadOnMe
09-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Just try and manipulate it as best you can....the hammer should have some play. Push it down and try to move the bolt as far forward as possible, then see if you can move the carrier forward a bit....then the spring.

Ok you rock. Didn't have a punch but used a hammer and improvised screw driver. With wifey's help and a lot of cursing, was able to dislodge it. Just needed 4 pairs of hands. :D

Thanks x10

GoingPro
09-26-2009, 12:35 PM
something similar happened with me and my S12 when i first took it apart and tried putting it together.....man i was sweating bullets bro, because i thought i jacked up my new gun! i'm very careful now when putting these back together.

69Mach1
09-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Wow! Glad you got it out.

technique
09-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok you rock. Didn't have a punch but used a hammer and improvised screw driver. With wifey's help and a lot of cursing, was able to dislodge it. Just needed 4 pairs of hands. :D

Thanks x10

Cool, I wasn't sure you could do it with the hammer up....Next time be carefull it can't fall out. I have been there before. :o Cussing for sure!

Now I keep the muzzle up so the bolt cant fall in.

Don'tTreadOnMe
09-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow! Glad you got it out.

/phew :) The big pain now is the stupid cover. The notch for the recoil spring to hold it in place isn't very user friendly.

Thanks.

Don'tTreadOnMe
09-26-2009, 12:54 PM
something similar happened with me and my S12 when i first took it apart and tried putting it together.....man i was sweating bullets bro, because i thought i jacked up my new gun! i'm very careful now when putting these back together.

Yeah man. At least the new hand guard looks nice :D

SJgunguy24
09-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Why didn't you pop out the axis pins and just remove the hammer?

Don'tTreadOnMe
09-26-2009, 1:01 PM

Got it worked out but thanks for the suggestion.

God Bless The Mauser
09-26-2009, 1:39 PM

That would probably be very hard to do with the bolt carrier in the way.

SJgunguy24
09-26-2009, 1:42 PM
That would probably be very hard to do with the bolt carrier in the way.

My bad, the pic is a bit fuzzy.
Yeah, I think i'd use the 5lb finish hammer.