PDA

View Full Version : Total cost for a Noeske lower?

SoCalRandy
09-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Can anybody give me an idea of the total out the door cost for a Noveske N4 lower? Riflegear has them for $199 and bullet buttons for $25. I am located in San Diego, If I were to use a local FFL like Gussler's what other additional costs could I expect to pay? DROS? Tax? Shipping? etc...?

$199 lower
$25 bullet button
$18.48 tax
$28.50 DROS
$XXX Shipping
$???? Transfer fee?

Is that everything or am I forgetting something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Greg-Dawg
09-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Dang, with that price you might as well get a complete lower locally.

swerv512
09-26-2009, 10:41 AM
sad thing is that many a shops were selling lowers only for more than all that put together a few months back. i remember noveske lowers going for $289 at a CWS sponsored store...

fcr
09-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Just drive up there and save a little, Calif goes beyond Pendleton .:p

SoCalRandy
09-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Just drive up there and save a little, Calif goes beyond Pendleton .:p

Thanks for the advice but it would cost less to just have it shipped. I would have to drive up there twice, once to fill out the paper work then drive back up there 10 days later to pick it up.

fcr
09-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Make it a tour of shops. I'm just giving you crap, I make the drive to SD often, family in Leucadia and PB.

missiontrails
09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Can anybody give me an idea of the total out the door cost for a Noveske N4 lower? Riflegear has them for $199 and bullet buttons for $25. I am located in San Diego, If I were to use a local FFL like Gussler's what other additional costs could I expect to pay? DROS? Tax? Shipping? etc...?

$199 lower
$25 bullet button
$18.48 tax
$28.50 DROS
$XXX Shipping
$???? Transfer fee?

Is that everything or am I forgetting something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gussler will charge $60 for everything if he receives it from another FFL. Dude, for that price you can have a MEGA Billet lower from Rainier arms. However, if you are going to spend the $60 on a FFL to FFL transfer, you might as well just get a factory assembled one, for example, a LMT defender lower with SOPMOD for about $450. Also, I think Kaiser downtown SD sells some assembled, and you can do DROS there. I just sold a complete factory Noveske lower that came on my Recce rifle, sold it for $650 complete as they assembled it with the VLTOR stock. Do you really want the Noveske rollmark?

SoCalRandy
09-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Do you really want the Noveske rollmark?

I know, I know, it sounds really pathetic once you start to rationalize it but I finally received my N4 Recce Low Pro and I just wanted a matching lower :confused: It came with a Vltor upper receiver and I think it's actually billet? So, now you've got me thinking, maybe I can go with a billet lower too???

missiontrails
09-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I know, I know, it sounds really pathetic once you start to rationalize it but I finally received my N4 Recce Low Pro and I just wanted a matching lower :confused: It came with a Vltor upper receiver and I think it's actually billet? So, now you've got me thinking, maybe I can go with a billet lower too???

Nothing wrong with that, that's what I was hoping you would say. I get it. Get a good LPK for that lower, like the Armalite kit, or CMT/Stag kit.

shark92651
09-26-2009, 5:40 PM
DROS is $25, not $28.50. Is someone charging you tax for DROS? We are not THAT far from SD so you can save the transfer fees by driving up here twice. If you time is worth more the $50-$100 transfer fee then just have it shipped local.

Your total cost will be the price of the parts you order, + 8.75% tax, + shipping, + DROS. If shipping to a local dealer, tack on another $50-$100 or whatever your FFL charges for a transfer. Shipping would probably be around $8.00.

technique
09-26-2009, 5:51 PM
I paid $80ea. for Both my Noveske lowers.

shark92651
09-26-2009, 6:28 PM

Ok, then you sell him one of yours :D

zman
09-26-2009, 6:44 PM

You have the Noveske upper already so go ahead and get the N4 lower. I know that's what you want anyway :D

technique
09-26-2009, 7:25 PM
Ok, then you sell him one of yours :D

I got them a while back.....at dealer cost:cool2:

Ones a CMT cut, the other is an LAR.....got have one of each you know.

SoCalRandy
09-26-2009, 9:21 PM
DROS is $25, not $28.50. Is someone charging you tax for DROS?

I just checked my old receipts and sure enough I paid $28.50 for DROS on only some of my guns??? One of my local shops charges a $3.50 "processing fee"....

veeklog
09-26-2009, 10:41 PM
DROS is $25, not $28.50. Is someone charging you tax for DROS? We are not THAT far from SD so you can save the transfer fees by driving up here twice. If you time is worth more the $50-$100 transfer fee then just have it shipped local.

Your total cost will be the price of the parts you order, + 8.75% tax, + shipping, + DROS. If shipping to a local dealer, tack on another $50-$100 or whatever your FFL charges for a transfer. Shipping would probably be around $8.00.

I live in San Diego, but my family lives in Huntington Beach. I have gonbe to Riflegears shop many times, and they are awesome guys. I would make the drive to deal with them.

Acorn556
09-26-2009, 11:36 PM
For that price send two to Reno NV and I'll pick up the transfer fee as well as deliver it to you. Won't have to pay DROS and once you get it its yours to keep. I'd take a lower in exchange for picking up the fees. Just have to keep it California legal as far as registration and ownership*.

SoCalRandy
09-27-2009, 10:08 AM
For that price send two to Reno NV and I'll pick up the transfer fee as well as deliver it to you. Won't have to pay DROS and once you get it its yours to keep. I'd take a lower in exchange for picking up the fees. Just have to keep it California legal as far as registration and ownership*.

You have got to be joking, right? :confused:

Darklyte27
09-27-2009, 10:26 AM
acorn?...hmmmmm

ya and when did a dros become 28.50?

CavTrooper
09-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Damn... I got ripped off! I paid 75 each for Stag lowers! Of course they were shipped to my FFL from out of state.

Well, I guess I may have made out allright, since there was no DROS fee or 10 day wait.

CavTrooper
09-27-2009, 10:35 AM

Hi.

New here?

Welcome.

missiontrails
09-27-2009, 11:16 AM

I'm calling Reno 911, the blonde with the watermelons.