PDA

View Full Version : Help... looking for a good deal

DK9mm
09-26-2009, 9:28 AM
I have been searching and could not find what I am looking for. I currently have a pending order with Del-ton and I am getting itchy waiting.

Can someone point me in the right direction as I would like to get a complete upper with LPK and colapsable stock and PG together for the same pricing as Del-ton.

16 inch middy

Flat top upper

ANY HELP would be appreciated.:gene:

Greg-Dawg
09-26-2009, 9:40 AM
Rifle Gear and Brownells are great.

rct442
09-26-2009, 9:50 AM
Whats your price range? Is this for punching holes or self-defense? Do you want to shoot 77gr bullets, or will you stick to just 55gr?

There are alot of good deals in the Private Firearm Accessories forum right now.

LPK $50 to 75
Upper $400 to 600
BCG & Charging Handle $150
Rear Iron Sights $50 to 150
Stock & PG $50 to 300

You can skimp on the accessories, but put most of your budget into the upper, BCG, and LPK.

DK9mm
09-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I am looking for something to start out with. I can always upgrade later. My current order is $500 for everything to complete a kit minus the OLL.

55gr. is fine.

Target shooting.

fuegoslow
09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
What's Del-ton's pricing? I just picked up a Del-Ton AR kit on Gunbroker. $499. M4 1:9 twist Flat top upper with BCG, LPK, and 6 pos. Stock. All I need is a lower. At that price I had to get it, still three days out from sending payment. Comparable kits go between $550-$799.

fuegoslow
09-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Is there an estimated time for delivery or backorder status? Great price for the kit.

rct442
09-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I am looking for something to start out with. I can always upgrade later. My current order is $500 for everything to complete a kit minus the OLL.

55gr. is fine.

Target shooting.

I hear this all the time, people want to enter the world of EBRs, but the first time they always under budget, then they end up getting disappointed in the lack of quality in their cheap builds.

There are countless stories on this board where people buy stuff at bottom of the price/quality scale, then complain when it malfunctions or doesn't live up to their expectations.

My suggestion is to wait, do heavy research and comparison shopping, and in in the meantime save, save, save your money. Read reviews, and don't impulse buy like a lot of us. That way you only pay what you want to pay, and not a single penny more.

rct442
09-26-2009, 10:15 AM
I assume your building up from a stripped lower, and you haven't bought any other parts right?

DK9mm
09-26-2009, 10:16 AM
What's Del-ton's pricing? I just picked up a Del-Ton AR kit on Gunbroker. $499. M4 1:9 twist Flat top upper with BCG, LPK, and 6 pos. Stock. All I need is a lower. At that price I had to get it, still three days out from sending payment. Comparable kits go between $550-$799.

This is the kind of deal I am looking for. Del-ton is $486 with at least a 16 week backlog.

DK9mm
09-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I assume your building up from a stripped lower, and you haven't bought any other parts right?

I got a great deal on a C3 defense billet OLL for $169. No other parts yet.

DK9mm
09-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I hear this all the time, people want to enter the world of EBRs, but the first time they always under budget, then they end up getting disappointed in the lack of quality in their cheap builds.

There are countless stories on this board where people buy stuff at bottom of the price/quality scale, then complain when it malfunctions or doesn't live up to their expectations.

My suggestion is to wait, do heavy research and comparison shopping, and in in the meantime save, save, save your money. Read reviews, and don't impulse buy like a lot of us. That way you only pay what you want to pay, and not a single penny more.

I did allot of research on different sites/forums prior to starting with Del-ton. Good reviews eventhough it is not top of the line product. Those that had comments said they were happy with the product and had lots of rounds with no issues.

rct442
09-26-2009, 10:34 AM
What's your location?

My suggestion is to PM senior members in your area, and ask to shoot their ARs. I don't recommend approaching random people at the range, unless you know their Calgunners.

If you have the chance to shoot a bunch of different ARs, in different configurations (eg: 14.5/16/20") or Carbine/Mid/Rifle Gas systems, you will get a feel for your options.

Personally, I find a 16" mid-length gas system and heavy buffer more enjoyable to shoot then a carbine gas system, because of the less recoil.

DK9mm
09-26-2009, 12:37 PM
What's your location?

My suggestion is to PM senior members in your area, and ask to shoot their ARs. I don't recommend approaching random people at the range, unless you know their Calgunners.

If you have the chance to shoot a bunch of different ARs, in different configurations (eg: 14.5/16/20") or Carbine/Mid/Rifle Gas systems, you will get a feel for your options.

Personally, I find a 16" mid-length gas system and heavy buffer more enjoyable to shoot then a carbine gas system, because of the less recoil.

Agreed. I have determined that I want a 16 inch mid length for the same reason you mentioned. I am comfortable with my decission on the type of upper I want.

I am just looking to see what options I have based on my budget since I am now in the waiting mode.

Thanks for response.