PDA

View Full Version : You guys with Solar Tactical bullet buttons..

Ruiner
09-25-2009, 8:18 PM
Is this allowed? :D

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3353/img0427so.jpg

Jaiofspam
09-25-2009, 8:19 PM
lol nice

professorhard
09-25-2009, 8:20 PM
Haha I like the way you think. Not sure if that's legal or not but Im guessing someone will know

Jaiofspam
09-25-2009, 8:24 PM
i dont think it would be legal unless you removed the mag from the rifle to use the pen... my understand is once the mag is inserted its a part of the firearm (and in this case since the pen is rubber banded, its part of the mag)

Jpach
09-25-2009, 8:29 PM
Dude Ive thought of the same thing! Im pretty sure it is not legal or not wise at the very least. You know, because of the whole mag being a part of the firearm thing. Stupid CA.

Ruiner
09-25-2009, 8:29 PM
i dont think it would be legal unless you removed the mag from the rifle to use the pen... my understand is once the mag is inserted its a part of the firearm (and in this case since the pen is rubber banded, its part of the mag)

Thats what I'm thinking as well. Thats why I dont have it attached to to the rifle. Thinking of how to use the pen in that way without having it rubber banded to the mag right now :D

Jaiofspam
09-25-2009, 8:31 PM
thank god for my preban mags and solar tac grip :D

Josh3239
09-25-2009, 8:31 PM
Why would it be illegal?

This is BS. The stuff is sold to CG members by people who are reading the law extremely conservative. Go over the Penal Code yourselves, there is nothing that states attaching something to a rifle makes it apart of a rifle and there is nothing that states that the tool cannot be parts of the rifle. Hell, if you wanted to you could use your firing pin as a bullet button tool. I have said this many many times and not once has anyone ever challenged me on it... probably because the other side has no leg to stand on. The fact is, the only thing illegal is something that allows finger manipulation.

djleisure
09-25-2009, 8:43 PM
Why would it be illegal?

This is BS. The stuff is sold to CG members by people who are reading the law extremely conservative. Go over the Penal Code yourselves, there is nothing that states attaching something to a rifle makes it apart of a rifle and there is nothing that states that the tool cannot be parts of the rifle. Hell, if you wanted to you could use your firing pin as a bullet button tool. I have said this many many times and not once has anyone ever challenged me on it... probably because the other side has no leg to stand on. The fact is, the only thing illegal is something that allows finger manipulation.

I'm not sure if you understand the image or how an AK mag release works, but if that mag is inserted into the well with the pen like that it will be lined up to drop the mag simply by squeezing. I'm just clarifying that point, because the pen isn't simply strapped to the mag. If this type of setup was legal, then what would prevent someone from welding a similar, metal attachment to the back of a bunch of AK mags and sell them as Cali-mags? I would think that this is illegal when inserted into the gun, but that's just my opinion.

Josh3239
09-25-2009, 8:50 PM
Oh I see. Didn't really study the image and forgot AK release is behind the magazine. In that case yes because it would use finger manipulation. My mistake :hide:

djleisure
09-25-2009, 8:53 PM
Oh I see. Didn't really study the image...

Yeah, I figured that was the case - I had to give it a second look after reading the thread too... ;)

Jaiofspam
09-25-2009, 8:57 PM
Oh I see. Didn't really study the image and forgot AK release is behind the magazine. In that case yes because it would use finger manipulation. My mistake :hide:

self owned :D

supersonic
09-25-2009, 9:39 PM
self owned :D

Watch out, that kind of behavior causes blindness!:p

dieselpower
09-25-2009, 10:20 PM
HOLD ON. The MAGAZINE is the tool. The firearm STILL doesnt have the capability to accept a detachable magazine. If the mag lock was located on the magazine, then a device attached to the magazine to trigger the mag lock would be illegal.

In this case the mag lock is on the firearm..the law is written about and directed at the firearm.

This is legal as long as the TOOL is detaching the magazine. The tool just happens to be part of the magazine...LOL

I don't know I am just tossing out sh!at

duraglock
09-26-2009, 11:06 AM
The magazine mounted tools I came up with activate the lever during reload but cant be used when inserted in the rifle. http://www.solartactical.com/product.sc?productId=14&categoryId=20 .I had a video up showing the reloads were just as fast as if knocking the magazines out without a lock. Working on a new demo videos for several products..