View Full Version : WTS:(SPF)U.S. Model 1917 Eddystone

scout II
09-25-2009, 7:09 PM
More pictures here.www.photobucket.com/m1917
(SPF)Up for sale is a very nice Eddystone Model 1917 rifle.It has a beautiful WW II High Standard barrel marked HS with flaming bomb.It is very bright and shiny with good lands and grooves.It measures a hair over 1,on a Stone Axe gauge.These HS barrels are supposed to be more accurate than the Eddystone barrels.The finish is nice at about 90%.Most of the parts are marked with an E.The stock is in good shape,with some dents and dings,and is that good looking reddish brown color.It is marked on the side,S.A.A.in a box.Also part of a 3G in a box shows.It has a P in a box on the grip area.Also a couple of eagle head stamps on there.There is an E stamped at the front of the stock.These are great shooting rifles,that are getting harder to find.This is a C&R rifle over 50 years old so can be sold,FTF cash and carry.I need to copy down your drivers license info for my bound book.I am asking $550.00.
I am in Hayward.Thanks for looking...

09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I carried an Eddystone in 'Nam back in 70-71. One of the finest rifles ever made.

09-26-2009, 6:33 AM

scout II
09-26-2009, 2:36 PM
You carried a 1917?No Kidding?I have heard stories of them being there,but never heard anyone say they actually carried one,that's cool.:DWas it issued to you?What did you do that you got to carry one of those?What shape was it in?