PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Valley Sporting Clays

gimmejr
07-26-2005, 3:34 PM
Anyone know why they require at least 21" barrel length to shoot there?

sned45
07-26-2005, 8:13 PM
Not sure why they they require at least 21". They do rent some nice shotguns if that helps.

Nylo
07-28-2005, 11:21 AM
I think it has to do with noise abatement. At my trap club we are also limited in barrel length due to sound levels.

J

gimmejr
07-30-2005, 4:20 PM
So a longer barrel means less noise?

gimmejr
07-30-2005, 6:16 PM
They have these comments on barrel length on Remingtons site.

http://www.remington.com/support/shotgun/shotselect5.htm

"It could just be traditionalists (AKA "The Old Guys") with their fancy, high-ticket, shotguns don't want a bunch of "plinkers" showing up with their short barrel tactical shotguns."

Technical Ted I think that is also part of the reason.

Nylo
08-01-2005, 1:30 PM
"It could just be traditionalists (AKA "The Old Guys") with their fancy, high-ticket, shotguns don't want a bunch of "plinkers" showing up with their short barrel tactical shotguns."

Technical Ted I think that is also part of the reason.

For us its the noise level. At the SR&G Club we even have a guy that comes out and takes decibel reading to make sure we are complying with county regulations. Over one of our hills is a neibour hood, not to mention Stevens Creek reservoir. Short barrels make a louder crack. If we don’t do this homeowners complain, and the county will shuts us down. And believe me they are looking for any excuse to do so.

We have the tactical guys come out and shoot their black shotguns all of the time. But when they do they just switch to a longer barrel and everyone has fun.

Nylo