PDA

View Full Version : WTS 16 rifles and shotguns for sale, 11 Winchester ’ s new and old and 5 other makes

quackerwacker
09-25-2009, 5:34 PM
15 rifles for sale, 11 Winchester ’ s new and old, 1 Henry, 1 H&R, 1 Marlin and 1 Westernfield

I have up for sale an excellent collection of Winchester firearms and 4 others, 16 in all, unfortunately I am selling these for a good friend of mine that is going through a difficult time in his life and would like these sold. All of these firearms are in great working order they are all shooters with no mechanical problems I personally have shot most of them. Below I have models, calibers, serial # ’ s, pictures and prices for each firearm. I will not hold on to an item with just the intent to buy, first person to see me with cash in hand will have first pick, checks will work but you will not receive the item until the money clears, granted the 10 day waiting period is usually sufficient. I am not an FFL so once you view and pay for the firearm/s I can deliver to an FFL to get the paperwork started. My FFL of choice is Bob Snellings in Sacramento or J and G in Roseville. But as long as your FFL is some were between Penryn and Sacramento we should be able to work something out. Local buyers will have priority over non local because I prefer not to ship but if shipping is needed I will ship from my FFL, the shipping costs will be $25 for the packing and handling fee + the actual cost of shipping, and once again I will not ship the item until payment clears. Not the best pic's and I don't have one for the 410.

Even though some of these are antiques all of them will get transferred through a FFL, don ’ t even ask to do a cash and carry!!!

The transfer fee is not included in my prices!

I live in Foresthill near Auburn if any one wants to view the guns.

I will answer the emails when I can and in order I get them. This is my first time selling on cal guns so be patient.

Make , Model , Cal./ Gauge, Serial #, Condition, price , Year, Notes
Winchester 12, 12 , 12480xx, great, 450, 1950

Winchester 92, 38WCF , 1096xx, good, 1,300, 1896 ,Ivory bone sight, Hex barrel, good for age

Winchester 94, 30-30, 20644xx , great, 550, 1954 ,

Winchester #1 37, 20, C8001xx, good, 175, 1936-1963, Youth

Winchester 1895, 30-06, 00249MT9xx, excellent, 800, new Like take down 2006 Anniversary

Winchester #1 94, 0.32SPL, 20071xx, good, 500, 1954, A few blemishes.

Winchester #1 9417, .17HMR, F76760xx, excellent, 600, Like new

Winchester #2 94, 0.32WS, 12662xx, good, 500, 1943- 1948, Ok for age

Winchester#1 9422 , 0.22LR, F4389xx, great, 500, new

Winchester 94, .45LC, 56115xx, good, 400, 1990, Excellent except for marks on loading side

Winchester #2 190, 0.22, B19696xx, great, 150, ?

Marlin #2 917, .17HMR, 946526xx, excellent, 350 , Like new W/scope

Western field 150A, 410, ? , good, 100, No butt plate, few scratches, looks like an add on stock

H&R #2 58, 20, AR2115xx, excellent, 110, ?

Henry #3 Golden boy, 0.17, GB00503xx , great, 500, 2005?, Large loop, brass front strap, scope platform, Hex barrel.

quackerwacker
09-25-2009, 6:13 PM
I have done my research on Gun Broker and Blue Book and all of these are below the going price for their condition. I may come down on the price for some Especially if someone purshaced more than one, but I can't lower them much right now.
But thank you for the offer.

bigfoot-00
09-26-2009, 6:02 PM
How much for the Marlin without the scope?

mtsul
09-26-2009, 6:36 PM
If you ever do cash carry then I would be intrested in a few of them to say the vey least, free bumb good prices

redmantis3
09-26-2009, 9:05 PM
Same here, if you decide to do cash & carry, PM me; I'd be interested in a few.

nat
09-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Yep, if you will cash and carry the C&R guns, like we can legally do, I would be interested too.

tygerpaw
09-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Not doing legal cash and carry sure adds to the hassle.......

clockwork
09-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Why... ?!

Even though some of these are antiques all of them will get transferred through a FFL, don ’ t even ask to do a cash and carry!!!

tankerman
09-27-2009, 12:39 AM
....never mind, I just saw the "no cash and carry" on the C&R's.

mtsul
09-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Come on guys dont Cramp (I kinda did also) but the OP said no Cash carry then no cash carry,
Free bump for nice guns, hope the sale goes well

Seesm
09-27-2009, 2:21 AM
Hey some nice ones. Please PM me if you decide to cash and carry any. Thanks man!!

forgiven
09-27-2009, 2:54 AM
Those are some very nice guns there. Good luck with your sale.:)

quackerwacker
09-27-2009, 9:00 PM
My friends certain circumstances requires it and second it’s the law. If you don’t believe me go to your local gun store, hand them cash and try to walk out with the firearm. GOOD LUCK

quackerwacker
09-27-2009, 9:02 PM
Thanks all for all the good comments.

FS00008
09-27-2009, 9:39 PM
My friends certain circumstances requires it and second it’s the law. If you don’t believe me go to your local gun store, hand them cash and try to walk out with the firearm. GOOD LUCK

Um... you're wrong. Antique C&R long guns over 50 years old in original condition are CASH AND CARRY! I will PM you the relevant CPC if you would like. Also, if you have a C&R and COE from the DOJ you can Cash and Carry C&R stuff from a gun shop. Otherwise it's no go no matter what because it's not a private transaction. Someone needs to learn more than they learn in the FUD centers

tankerman
09-27-2009, 9:42 PM
It's NOT the law. Private Party Transfer on C&R (over 50 y.o.) long guns is legal and is the norm. This has nothing to do with gun stores.

quackerwacker
09-27-2009, 9:51 PM
Everybody is missing the point hear The lawyers involved need the receipts for the sales that is why I posted in bold letters no cash and carry. There would be no proof of the price of sale if I did a cash and carry for these arms.

FS00008
09-27-2009, 9:51 PM
I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer. Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?

Yes. Firearm sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law. The buyer (and seller, in the event that the; buyer is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements. "Antique firearms," as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code, and curio or relic rifles/shotguns, defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations that are over 50 years old, are exempt from this requirement.

Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon request. Firearms dealers may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm for conducting a private party transfer. Example:

1. For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction.
2. For private party transfers involving one or more long guns, or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00. The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee of$10.00 per each additional firearm transferred.

(PC section 12072(d))

Directly from the DOJ BOF FAQ

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

That's number 14.

And the relevant California Penal Code,
) The waiting period described in Section 12071 or 12072 shall not apply to the sale, delivery, loan, or transfer of a firearm that is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor, by a dealer to a person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12071. On the date that the delivery, sale, or transfer is made, the dealer delivering the firearm shall transmit to the Department of Justice an electronic or telephonic report of the transaction as is indicated in subdivision (b) or (c) of Section 12077.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=1130509543+1+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve
12072 (D)

FS00008
09-27-2009, 9:52 PM
Everybody is missing the point hear The lawyers involved need the receipts for the sales that is why I posted in bold letters no cash and carry. There would be no proof of the price of sale if I did a cash and carry for these arms.

FFLs do not give you proof of price for a PPT. They are not involved in anything but the DROS.

You need to write up a Bill of Sale. That's all you can do. Or sell it consignment. No PPT if you want an "official" bill of sale.

tankerman
09-27-2009, 9:53 PM
You get no receipt when you do it through a dealer either.

The dealer is just processing the DROS, he/she is not involved in the sale.

bombadillo
09-27-2009, 9:54 PM
Wow, free bump for some cool guns. If you had a .44mag lever gun I would have bought one.

FS00008
09-27-2009, 9:55 PM
Where did you get the idea that FFLs do anything but take your money unnecessarily for the stupid state and imprison your purchase for 10 days?

quackerwacker
09-28-2009, 6:06 AM
Still missing the point!! I am the third party and only can do what the other parties tell me I can do, weather its right or not, I will work on the C&R but like all things it might take some time to do. Remember that only 7 of the items are over 50 years old not all of them, so this would only work on those particular items.

Alex$
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
very true, but those 7 items would sell quickly on a Cash and Carry basis.

You can print up a bill of sale, have the buyer acknowledge it with an initial, no signature required. Most likely they will have a C&R FFL and will want a copy of your drivers license so they stay legal.

If you do get the OK to cash and carry, count me amongst those who might buy. (and yes I do have a C&R FFL)

Wyatt Burp
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I'll take the Winchester 1895 30-06 carbine. You had no dollar signs in your add but I assume it's $800. I'll send another Personal Message. That said, I never heard of a take -down 95 carbine. But I'll take the one in the picture. I'm in Sacramento so this will be easy. J&G in Roseville is great. I live off Madison. I'm dead serious and have the cash.

quackerwacker
09-28-2009, 9:33 PM
Sorry but This morning a privet collector contacted me and made me a deal for all the items as a lot that I could not pass up. If they don't come through you will guys be the first to know.
Thanks

The Henry Golden Boy is the only one still up for sale. That one was mine and the main goal was to help my friend out with the sale of his arms.

maschronic
09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry but This morning a privet collector contacted me and made me a deal for all the items as a lot that I could not pass up. If they don't come through you will guys be the first to know.
Thanks

The Henry Golden Boy is the only one still up for sale. That one was mine and the main goal was to help my friend out with the sale of his arms.

i'm just curious, how much is the private collector paying for all of them minus the Henry golden boy?

Thefeeder
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Well boys...as Tucco once said " If your going to shoot, shoot, do'nt talk"

quackerwacker
09-29-2009, 7:31 PM
I found this other post interesting since we had the whole cash and carry debate the other day. I am not saying you or myself are right but I asked my local FFL friend so I don't believe he would give me a line of bull but he said pretty much all center fire rifles need to go through an FFL no mater what the age.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho_Sun
Can you sell an antique rifle to another person without going through the dros process if you don't have a ffl03?

Yes. As long as it meets the definition of an "antique firearm".

US Code Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, section 921
(16) The term “antique firearm” means—
(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or
(B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica—
(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
(ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or
(C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “antique firearm” shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.

although this is irrelevant to my situation but I would like to know.

tankerman
09-29-2009, 7:35 PM
Yep, you and your 'buddy ffl' are right and all 33,000 of us are wrong. Thanks for setting us straight, don't know where we'd be without you. I found this other post interesting since we had the whole cash and carry debate the other day. I am not saying you or myself are right but I asked my local FFL friend so I don't believe he would give me a line of bull but he said pretty much all center fire rifles need to go through an FFL no mater what the age.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho_Sun
Can you sell an antique rifle to another person without going through the dros process if you don't have a ffl03?

Yes. As long as it meets the definition of an "antique firearm".

US Code Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, section 921
(16) The term “antique firearm” means—
(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or
(B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica—
(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
(ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or
(C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “antique firearm” shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.

although this is irrelevant to my situation but I would like to know.

quackerwacker
09-29-2009, 8:03 PM
Does anyone have the web page to prove the point about the cash and carry(C&R). like I said earlier "I am not saying you or myself are right but" I still would like to see the proof for my own sake.

Yep, you and your 'buddy ffl' are right and all 33,000 of us are wrong. Thanks for setting us straight, don't know where we'd be without you.

Vin496
09-29-2009, 8:03 PM
I found this other post interesting since we had the whole cash and carry debate the other day. I am not saying you or myself are right but I asked my local FFL friend so I don't believe he would give me a line of bull but he said pretty much all center fire rifles need to go through an FFL no mater what the age. .

I'll say it your friend and you are wrong. Any 50+ year old rifle is eligible for cash and carry from a personal sale.

Very interesting thread with a very misinformed seller. Not that it matters, you've been a member for almost a year and it seems like you have never ventured out the Sale Forum. This place is more than just a forum to sell your stuff you know.

quackerwacker
09-29-2009, 8:06 PM
If I am wrong send me the link!
Simple isn't it!

Vin496
09-29-2009, 8:17 PM
If I am wrong send me the link!
Simple isn't it!

Can't spend the 2 minutes to find it?

Question #14, clear as day.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php#9

I'll even post it for you. SInce you obviously don't want to look it up yourself.

I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer. Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?
Yes. Firearm sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law. The buyer (and seller, in the event that the; buyer is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements. "Antique firearms," as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code, and curio or relic rifles/shotguns, defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations that are over 50 years old, are exempt from this requirement.

Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon request. Firearms dealers may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm for conducting a private party transfer. Example:

For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction.
For private party transfers involving one or more long guns, or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00. The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee of$10.00 per each additional firearm transferred.
(PC section 12072(d))

joepamjohn
09-29-2009, 9:18 PM
Here goes another link that has attachments for specific firearms. Good luck!

www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

quackerwacker
09-29-2009, 9:18 PM
I am a life time member of the NRA, a member of cal guns, I have supported DU, CWA and other fund raising events through my life, I have been out of the sale form for other information on occasion and I am selling my good friends firearms not for profit of my own but as a favor, if you read the original post and Way to talk you have been a member for 8 months more than I.

You sure give allot of flack to a guy for asking a question that he doesn't know all the details on!

"I'll say it your friend and you are wrong. Any 50+ year old rifle is eligible for cash and carry from a personal sale.

Very interesting thread with a very misinformed seller. Not that it matters, you've been a member for almost a year and it seems like you have never ventured out the Sale Forum. This place is more than just a forum to sell your stuff you know.

quackerwacker
09-29-2009, 9:20 PM
Thank you, I found the article.

joepamjohn
Member Join Date: Apr 2009

Here goes another link.

www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

Alex$
09-29-2009, 9:54 PM
You make a statement that you cannot accept cash and carry sales based on an FFL telling you so. True, absent a Certificate of Eligibility, an FFL01 (dealer) cannot sell a +50 rifle without DROS, he must get it off his books.

As a private sale, a +50 rifle can be sold cash and carry, no DROS required.

You were, and will continue to get flack if you ignore what people are telling you as plain truth.

Alex$
09-30-2009, 7:06 AM
If my posts were interpreted as flack, they weren't. I was trying to be of assistance, so to the OP, if you took them wrong please know they were not meant to be harsh.

03fatboy
09-30-2009, 7:56 AM
Bring them Levers to SoCal. I want one!

Vin496
09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I am a life time member of the NRA, a member of cal guns, I have supported DU, CWA and other fund raising events through my life, I have been out of the sale form for other information on occasion and I am selling my good friends firearms not for profit of my own but as a favor, if you read the original post and Way to talk you have been a member for 8 months more than I.

You sure give allot of flack to a guy for asking a question that he doesn't know all the details on!"

It's not the amount of time you have been a member. I was pointing out that in the time you have been, it's clear you have not participated except maybe in a post or two, outside of the sale section.

Members have given you the proper info over and over, FS00008 in post #18 gave you all the links and info you needed. You obviously chose not to read or click on the link.

I then commented in #32, 2 days after FS00008 gave you the CA DoJ link with the info and you were still claiming you needed proof, that you were misinformed from your friend.

You asked me for proof, and I gave you the link, again.

Wyatt Burp
09-30-2009, 11:30 AM
You don't mention these guns as being sold and it's been a little while since your personal message reply. What's going on? Is that 95 Winchester carbine still available? I'd think you'd edit your thread and let us know if we're all talking about guns that are sold already.

quackerwacker
09-30-2009, 5:21 PM
You guys are being way too hard on the OP. Sure he was misinformed at the beginning, but you guys were not reading or understanding his posts.

Post 23. He's telling you that he is following directions from other people. These other people control the rifles, the OP is a third party. Plus, he is saying that he will work on the C&R regs with the sellers. "but it may take some time".

Post 29. Alright the OP had the wrong section. He used the 'antique firearm' instead of the 'C & R' regs. Did anyone correct him? Nope.

Post 31. The OP is asking for the C & R section. Clearly he is wanting to learn.

Post 33. He again asks for the link as in post 31.

Apparently, the OP is not being a hard*ss in this case nor being difficult. He relied on incorrect information, some members tried to correct him, he advised that he is not the direct seller but following the wishes of the sellers, than he asked for clarification to take back to the sellers and he still got flacked over it. It doesn't matter when he joined. He could have joined and not have come back for a long time or C & R is just not his thing so he did not know the regs. Either way, this could have been handled in a nicer way.

Thank you For your post I do appreciate it.

quackerwacker
09-30-2009, 5:21 PM
You don't mention these guns as being sold and it's been a little while since your personal message reply. What's going on? Is that 95 Winchester carbine still available? I'd think you'd edit your thread and let us know if we're all talking about guns that are sold already.

All are sold but the Golden Boy thank you.

Dewar916
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Interested in the Model 94 30 30 how do we meet to inspect it. I live in sac.

olhunter
12-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Interested in the Model 94 30 30 how do we meet to inspect it. I live in sac.

Are you serious? Maybe you should read the actual posts. 3 MONTHS ago he said the Golden Boy was all that's left.

All are sold but the Golden Boy thank you.