PDA

View Full Version : Best way to block up AK mags?

radioburning
09-25-2009, 3:12 PM
Like the title says, what's the preferred way to block a 30 round rebuild kit into a ten round mag? I don't have a rivet gun, so I gotta use some kind of block. I've done AR-15 mags with the "piece of plastic coat hanger epoxied to the floorplate" thing, is this my best bet with a 30 rd AK mag? Or should I use wood? I did some searching on Calguns, and google, but mostly all that came up were already done conversions.

Arteel
09-25-2009, 3:23 PM
Send a pm to missionmtman. His brother sells blocks for 5 each.

nrakid88
09-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Could the floorplate be lathered in epoxy before its put on? Would that be permanent enough?

Arteel
09-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Here we are.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=201990

Major Pal
09-26-2009, 12:15 AM
You can get a cheap rivet gun for $10, Rivets are the easiest and cleanest way to do it, personally.

MissionMTMan
09-27-2009, 6:43 AM
The blocks my brother makes are nice because they don't rust, warp or anything else that could change the stuctural rigidity of the block. I can guarantee you it will take more than $5 of your time to make a block so my brothers blocks are well worth it. Ya, rivets work great too. Just make sure you place the rivet in the right place or else you will have unwanted holes in your magazine. Good luck with the project and if you have any questions regarding conversions, I would be more than happy to help.

CSACANNONEER
09-27-2009, 7:06 AM
You can get a cheap rivet gun for $10, Rivets are the easiest and cleanest way to do it, personally.

Try $3 at Harbor Freight! While not the best, they come with enough rivets to do a lot of mags.