PDA

View Full Version : Polish and Romanian Tokarevs C&R in CA?

DarthSean
09-25-2009, 3:35 PM
What are the years of production of both Romanian an Polish Tokarevs, respectively? Are they all over 50 years old?

Dmitri76
09-25-2009, 3:38 PM
Don't know the years on these but it shouldn't matter .. CA agrees with the Fed definition of C&R firearm, so if it is, its exempt from the roster and can be shipped here whether or not its 50 years old. .. However its a hand gun, so can only be shipped / transferred via 01 FFL dealer, even if you have a C&R licence.

Dr Rockso
09-25-2009, 4:58 PM
Like Dmitri said, the 50 year old rule only applies to long guns. You can buy any handgun on the federal C&R list out of state provided you fill out the C&R handgun importer form when you bring them back to CA.

joefrank64k
09-25-2009, 6:14 PM
I just bought a Romanian Tokarev from J&G and it's already on it's way, so the Romanians are good to go. Had to go through my 01 FFL, though. But at least with my 03 FFL and COE, I won't have to wait 10-days to pick it up.

Xerxes
09-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Relative to the thead, kind of.

So to be clear anyone can buy a C&R handgun and have it shipped to an FFL in CA, just like the old days for any handgun before the stupid safe and sane thing (handgun list) by the gungrabbers?

Dr Rockso
09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Relative to the thead, kind of.

So to be clear anyone can buy a C&R handgun and have it shipped to an FFL in CA, just like the old days for any handgun before the stupid safe and sane thing (handgun list) by the gungrabbers?
Yes. C&R handguns are exempt, as are dimensionally compliant single-shot pistols and single-action revolvers.

Nodda Duma
09-27-2009, 8:08 PM
The Romanian and Polish are both good to go.

And in case you're wondering, the Yugo version isn't.

-Jason

Aptos
09-28-2009, 2:30 PM
Tokarevs aren't necessarily older than 50 years old. If you are thinking about getting one from J&G Sales, they'll tell you the date on the gun.

vinniesguns
09-28-2009, 3:32 PM
If it is exempted from the roster, but has to go through the 01 dealer, how does he dros it, if it is not on the roster, I am not aware of a box you cab check or anything like that, that says exempt, and still allows you to do the dros.
Thanks

wilit
09-28-2009, 4:02 PM
If it is exempted from the roster, but has to go through the 01 dealer, how does he dros it, if it is not on the roster, I am not aware of a box you cab check or anything like that, that says exempt, and still allows you to do the dros.
Thanks

There's a Curio/Relic/Olympic/Other Exempt check box. Look at page 25 of the user manual for the DROS system.
https://dros.appsolgrp.com/wpsd/manual.pdf

vinniesguns
09-28-2009, 6:52 PM
Oh yes, before you open up a dros, thank you.