PDA

View Full Version : C&R arrived 10/29-COE ARRIVED 10/7!!

coop44
09-25-2009, 9:49 AM
sent it off a week ago today, They dinged my account yesterday. Progress is a good thing,right? Got my COE application filled out gonna go today for the livescan, slip it in an envelope and send it off. I had a livescan for an unrelated license (auto sales)a few years ago I wonder if that will work?

COE arrived today 10/7. woo hoo! C'mon C&R!
FFL 03 arrived today 10/29

they dinged my account 9/28, so, four weeks!!
now all I need is money!

joefrank64k
09-25-2009, 5:18 PM
Welcome to the fold! Make sure you send copies of your FFL to Brownell's and MidwayUSA to get your discounts.

And start planning NOW for where you're going to put all the rifles that start showing up on your doorstep. :D:D:D

.22guy
09-25-2009, 8:01 PM
Even if they hit your card right away, it can still take weeks so don't worry. Try to be patient!

RugerNo1
09-26-2009, 12:17 PM
They hit my card and I got my C&R two weeks later. Maybe they were just fast for me:D

cruddymutt
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I sent mine in on sept 9 and got mine in the mail today sept 29. Very quick.

coop44
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
So, who sells package deals? 5 or 10 guns at a time for a good price, I've heard about it but can't find anything out there.

BTW
Sent my coe app off a few days ago too. Damn state costs really add up, glad to see all of the live scan operators that have sprung up though, five years ago when I had to do it for another license there were just a few.

sitting in Elk Grove holding my breath

coop44
10-02-2009, 7:44 PM
Just discovered that a c&r helps with the cmp. If you have a ffl 01 or 03 you don't have to participate in shoots. citizenship, membership in a club, and a c&r, looks like I have everything covered, gotta find more money, (playing the lotto this weekend)

heck not having to do a shoot saves more than a few bucks.

emcon5
10-02-2009, 8:03 PM
Welcome to the fold! Make sure you send copies of your FFL to Brownell's and MidwayUSA to get your discounts. By the way, both (as well as Grafs) accepted a scanned copy of mine for the discount.

coop44
10-04-2009, 5:57 PM
By the way, both (as well as Grafs) accepted a scanned copy of mine for the discount.

that's great, that way I can go bankrupt quicker, yeeha!

SnipeShot
10-04-2009, 9:44 PM
I just mailed out my C&R to the BATFE today so it will go out tomorrow. Now what exactly is a COE application?

ke6guj
10-04-2009, 9:56 PM
To get the COE, Certificate of Eligibility, download the app at http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/coeapp.pdf. Just follow the directions on how to fill it out. Included in the directions is a URL to a list of Live Scan locations where you'll have your fingerprints electronically scanned and sent to CADOJ and the FBI.

The COE is more expensive, around $100 in fees for the first year, but the renewal is something like $20 bucks per year. It has a very limited use in CA, but when used in conjuction with the C&R exempts you from the 10-day wait on C&R purchases from a dealer (still must DROS it), and exempts you from the 1-in-30 handgun regulations for ALL handguns, modern and C&R.

SnipeShot
10-04-2009, 10:25 PM
This is something that I should do once I get the license from the ATF correct? Or can I do it before hand? Do i get the ATI number after I submit my fingerprints?

Once again thanks for all your help.

ke6guj
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
YOu don't need to wait for your FFL to arrive. you can get the COE at any time. Normally, we recommended waiting until the FFL arived before you applied for the COE because the FFL could take months to get, and the COE is useless without it. The COE is usually approved and in your hands in around 2 weeks.

Just fill out the app to the best of your ability and take it to the livescan location. As noted in the app, the livescan operator will provide you your ATI number when he is finished with the livescan.

The Live Scan operator will provide an Applicant Tracking Identifier (ATI) number on your copy of the Request for
Live Scan Service form (BCII 8016). The ATI number documents your fingerprint submissions. You must enter
your ATI number on the designated space of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Application.

Once you have the ATI number, you should be able to finish filling out the COE app and send it in.

Josh3239
10-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I just got my COE about a week ago. Took two weeks, interestingly enough the DOJ send me the COE before they even deposited/cashed my check. My 03 FFL I got several months ago, that also took two weeks.

striker3
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
On an interesting note, it only took me a week to get my application in the mail. So I will mail it off now, and if it is taking 2-3 weeks to get the license, that will be less than a month since I requested the paperwork. Seems like the log jam may be clearing.

coop44
10-07-2009, 1:58 PM
UPDATE: My COE arrived today!! Sent on 9/25 arrived 10/7. The staties must have needed the cash to buy some more HoHo's.

SnipeShot
10-08-2009, 7:30 PM
Sent my C&R out Monday 10-5 my debit card got dinged today 10-08. That was fast.

coop44
10-29-2009, 5:26 PM
Got it-got it- got it!!!
All set to go

Catdaddy
11-21-2009, 4:24 PM
Hi guys- this is my first post- so I guess an intro is in order.

I found this site while searching for info on the C&R app- the PDF file that Turbinator set up was a beautiful idea- but I guess I'll HAVE to wait for the green apps...

I am 51, a gun nut, but not a resident of CA- I live in TN. I recently acquired my Dad's collection after losing mine in a divorce- sparking a renewal of my interest in C&Rs.

My question is about the COE- this is CA only, correct? I ask because it is my intention to purchase a couple of CZ 82s and I wonder if there is any restriction on the number I can buy on my C&R license here- there is some kind of BATFE restriction, I understand, here on the number they will approve you for when purchasing modern arms from FFLs- they simply deny your purchase when you do the background check... if you want too many in a certain time frame...

If this is a dumb question, flame away... but you guys seem to be very knowledgable, and I just though I'd ask...

Great site, BTW.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-21-2009, 6:17 PM
My question is about the COE- this is CA only, correct? I ask because it is my intention to purchase a couple of CZ 82s and I wonder if there is any restriction on the number I can buy on my C&R license here- there is some kind of BATFE restriction, I understand, here on the number they will approve you for when purchasing modern arms from FFLs- they simply deny your purchase when you do the background check... if you want too many in a certain time frame...

Hello Catdaddy.

Yes, the COE is a California only thing. You don't have to worry about that at all. And there are no Federal restrictions on how many guns you can buy in any time frame (and probably none in TN either, but I'm not up on TN laws). There is no way BATFE would know how many long guns you purchase at one time from an FFL until they came to do the yearly inspection of FFL's records. The number of guns you are purchasing is not transmitted on the Federal NICS system. And once you get the C&R FFL then you won't even be going through the NICS check anymore when you buy C&R firearms. The "restriction" you might be thinking about is the requirement that an FFL send in a report to BATFE and the local police whenever he transfers more than one handgun in any 5 day period to an unlicensed person. They can't deny the purchase of multiple handguns, but they might come and talk to you to see if you are acting as an unlicensed dealer by selling the handguns right away. If you get a C&R FFL then other FFLs will not have to send in the multiple handgun report to BATFE or the local police when you buy C&R handguns from them. The transaction would be exempt from reporting because it would be between two FFLs.